Wiki Posts
Search

Peapod: 650 AA or 400 DL/UA miles for 30 cents total

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Peapod: 650 AA or 400 DL/UA miles for 30 cents total

Go here http://evreward.com/store/go/1713 and choose the program you want. There is also a selection of hotel point options. Purchase a banana for 30 cents and opt for store pick up as there is no minimum order nor handling fee for store pick up.

I can't confirm this actually works as I just placed my order so I expect it will be a few weeks before the miles post...if they do. I ended up finding a few really good bargains and ended up spending about $20. Also, this program may not be available where you live. I live in an urban area and the closest participating store to me is about 6 miles away.

While you could do this offer for 30 cents (maybe someone will find something even cheaper?), I think you may want to make a purchase for at least $1 as some programs round anything under $1 to zero for mileage qualification. Just a thought.

Safeway also has a similar program http://evreward.com/store/go/1911 that lets you about the same number of earn miles/points but you must place a minimum order of at least $50 to be delivered. First time delivery is free with code EASY7. While not as big of a bargain as getting the miles for the price of a banana, we are talking about groceries which you would need to buy anyway.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 11, 2013 at 7:45 am
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:13 am

nothing in the south jersey area for me, unfortunately
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Go here http://evreward.com/store/go/1713 and choose the program you want. There is also a selection of hotel point options. Purchase a banana for 30 cents and opt for store pick up as there is no minimum order nor handling fee for store pick up.

I can't confirm this actually works as I just placed my order so I expect it will be a few weeks before the miles post...if they do. I ended up finding a few really good bargains and ended up spending about $20. Also, this program may not be available where you live. I live in an urban area and the closest participating store to me is about 6 miles away.

While you could do this offer for 30 cents (maybe someone will find something even cheaper?), I think you may want to make a purchase for at least $1 as some programs round anything under $1 to zero for mileage qualification. Just a thought.

Safeway also has a similar program http://evreward.com/store/go/1911 that lets you about the same number of earn miles/points but you must place a minimum order of at least $50 to be delivered. First time delivery is free with code EASY7. While not as big of a bargain as getting the miles for the price of a banana, we are talking about groceries which you would need to buy anyway.
From the AA sE SHopping site
Please note these terms & conditions: Minimum delivery is $60. Offer valid for new customers only. Not valid with any other offer.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:57 am
Original Poster

From the AA sE SHopping site
Quote:
Please note these terms & conditions: Minimum delivery is $60. Offer valid for new customers only. Not valid with any other offer.

Yeah, I saw that but I interpret that to mean that if you opt for delivery, it's a $60 minimum. I also don't think choosing to pick up at the store is another offer. Another offer would be one of the $ off promo codes.

Who knows? That's how I read it. I'll report back in a month or so and let you know if it worked.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:42 am

You're being overcharged. In the Boston area bananas are only 25 cents.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by UserMark
$.19 in NYC at Trader Joes.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Save 11 cents, lose 650 AA miles.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US
lucky you

Originally Posted by UserMark
Bananas are 1.29/lb in hawaii
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:23 pm

Looks like it's not available in Atlanta, either. Too bad!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:01 am

can I buy my banana and not pick it up ?

is not available in Los Angeles...

what zip code did you use to make Peapod work ?

Last edited by LAXlocal; Jun 12, 2013 at 11:11 am
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
can I buy my banana and not pick it up ?

is not available in Los Angeles...

what zip code did you use to make Peapod work ?
Same Question here: Just buy and not pick it up - possible?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:59 pm

This thread is unintentionally hilarious. I can completely understand the mindset of everyone who is getting into this deal. Getting 650 AA miles for a banana sounds right up my alley. Lol at the comment about buying the banana and not picking it up. Reminds me about the crazy stuff that went on during the US Air Grand Slam.

However I won't be wasting my time with this one. There are way too many deals like this where the time invested does not justify the payout. Trust me on this, you are not going to get your miles without sending emails and making calls to follow up on this.

Even then I doubt most people will get any miles for this (maybe you will if you spend the $60 minimum). I'm sure everyone has had their fair share of deals gone bad where Cartera or some other scumbag company won't honor the terms because too many of us game the system and they did not expect to fork over so many miles.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
$1.00 per banana at a PHX terminal bakery/shop. $1.00 for anything at an airport is noteworthy.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

This is one thread I do not plan to share with friends and family. They think I am crazy already.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Club Carlson, Hilton Honors
I was getting a little discouraged not to be able to find any good point offers that I could invest in , thanks everyone, this opportunity was just what i needed to console me during this dry spell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.