Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by injian
anyone apply for the new amex bonvoy card after having had the spg card? want to find out if the lifetime bonus limitation still applies. i logged onto my amex account and noticed the cancelled spg cards were changed to bonvoy cards.
Right on the application page under a footnote it states that previous SPG or Bonvoy cardholders may successfully apply but will not receive bonus. Of course, YMMV.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Anyone having issues with the TD card application on their site? I just applied on the site and got it through, approved within the time it took to complete the application using Chrome.
Perhaps whatever bugs were in the system were ironed out?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: aeroplan, amex, priority club
i have tried for over 2 weeks , used chrome , edge , ie , safari, nothing worked , had to phone in , my wife has same prob ,nothing works .
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:15 pm
Suspended

i applied and the site errored out. i applied again a week later and it was approved.
do any of you having problems use an ad-blocker? have you tried in private browsing/incognito mode? i don't remember if those were my problems but worth a shot.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Also been trying x 2 weeks, various browers, various computers, same issue.
Application just stops at 90% and won't load / proceed or submit.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
FWIW I used Chrome with ad-blocker on and it worked flawlessly first try for me.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:55 pm

I used Maxthon (IE-based) but logged in as TD customer, no problem, instant approvals for both TD FCT and TD Aeroplan CC

There are more deals
  • TD FCT 80K points (worth $400) after $1000, FYF
  • TD Aeroplan 30K Aeroplan miles after $1000, FYF
  • Scotia Passport Infinite VISA, 30K points after $1000, $130 fee - $50 GCR rebate

Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:31 am

I've been unable to succeed with Safari and Firefox, but it worked with Chrome.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Also...

TD® Aeroplan®Visa* Business Card
Get up to 45,000 Aeroplan Miles plus a 100% Annual Fee rebate for the $149 card for 1st year. Conditions apply. Offer ends June 2, 2019.

20,000 Aeroplan for first purchase.
20,000 Aeroplan for $5,000 spend in first 3 months.
5,000 Aeroplan Miles if you have an existing qualifying personal TD Credit Card or qualifying TD Small Business Account.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: Westjet Rewards
Scotiabank Passport Visa and Priority Passes

My wife just received her CC. Is she now allowed to join PP to access her 6 free visits or does she have to wait for something in the mail? Can the passes be used immediately.
Secondly, the secondary card which is coming to me did not arrive with the primary card. Is that usual for a delay? If so, when should zI being expecting it?

Thank you for your help!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by armeee
My wife just received her CC. Is she now allowed to join PP to access her 6 free visits or does she have to wait for something in the mail? Can the passes be used immediately.
Secondly, the secondary card which is coming to me did not arrive with the primary card. Is that usual for a delay? If so, when should zI being expecting it?

Thank you for your help!
Yes she can register for PP now and use the digital card until the physical card arrives in the mail. Apparently some lounges may not accept the digital card but I have never had any issues.

I'm not sure about the secondary card. IIRC our primary and secondary cards arrived together but I certainly may be mistaken.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by jerry305
Also...

TD® Aeroplan®Visa* Business Card
Get up to 45,000 Aeroplan Miles plus a 100% Annual Fee rebate for the $149 card for 1st year. Conditions apply. Offer ends June 2, 2019.

20,000 Aeroplan for first purchase.
20,000 Aeroplan for $5,000 spend in first 3 months.
5,000 Aeroplan Miles if you have an existing qualifying personal TD Credit Card or qualifying TD Small Business Account.
Thanks for sharing. Any thoughts? Seems like a pretty good offer for those who can meet the spend.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
IMO its a case of whether or not you view 15k points worth the additional $4k in required spend compared to the other TD Visa which gives 30k points for $1k total spend
Of course i'm sure there's likely more than that, but this is what i base it on as i have no plans of keeping the card long term bu YMMV
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by jerry305
Good to hear; there's lots of reports out there of incomplete or "stuck" applications.
Which browser did you use?
Apologies for late reply.
I used Google Chrome with Ad blocker disabled.
jerry305 and Chris101 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I used Maxthon (IE-based) but logged in as TD customer, no problem, instant approvals for both TD FCT and TD Aeroplan CC

There are more deals
  • TD FCT 80K points (worth $400) after $1000, FYF
  • TD Aeroplan 30K Aeroplan miles after $1000, FYF
  • Scotia Passport Infinite VISA, 30K points after $1000, $130 fee - $50 GCR rebate

I've been reading numerous opinions on whether or not the terms exclude taking advantage of both TD's FCT and Aeroplan offers at the same time.Some interpret the terms to exclude the offer for the 2nd account if the previous account was opened less than 6 months previously.

My take is that the 6 months is only applicable if its the same type of account ( FCT or Aeroplan),whereas others think that its ANY account and think that if you applied for both the FCT and Aeroplan at the same time that you would only receive the promo for the first application completed.

Have you or anyone else been able to confirm with someone from TD ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.