Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Allie Abby
has anyone got there free night certificate ffrom marriott for there card that was closed out yet, called marriott , the lady didnt seem to know much about it, dont see anything in my account yet.
I haven’t received mine either. I’d say wait for another week or so.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
has anyone got there free night certificate ffrom marriott for there card that was closed out yet, called marriott , the lady didnt seem to know much about it, dont see anything in my account yet.
See my post #1476 here. I was told end of May.

Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Just got the BMO World Elite Mastercard (https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/cr...te-mastercard/) a couple months ago.
Hit min spend. Waiting for my bonus points. My understanding is that I get 4x PP lounge access passes with the card.

Considering getting the Scotia Passport Infinite (Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card) for the no Foreign fees.
This card also includes PP membership + 6x lounge access passes.

Does the PP membership link and do the lounge access passes add together for a total of 10?

Last edited by CanadianMike; Mar 26, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Just got the BMO World Elite Mastercard (https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/cr...te-mastercard/) a couple months ago.
Hit min spend. Waiting for my bonus points. My understanding is that I get 4x PP lounge access passes with the card.

Considering getting the Scotia Passport Infinite (Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card) for the no Foreign fees.
This card also includes PP membership + 6x lounge access passes.

Does the PP membership link and do the lounge access passes add together for a total of 10?
Nope. You will not be able to combine passes or PP accounts. BMO and Scotia will each open a PP account on your behalf.

You are best to use all the passes with BMO first then apply for Scotia Visa.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by imverge
Nope. You will not be able to combine passes or PP accounts. BMO and Scotia will each open a PP account on your behalf.

You are best to use all the passes with BMO first then apply for Scotia Visa.
Gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

How about if I obtain an AMEX Platinum? Is a second account created for me? Do I have to cancel my initial membership through the BMO card?
Just trying to figure out the logistics of the PP Lounge account and what happens with that...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

How about if I obtain an AMEX Platinum? Is a second account created for me? Do I have to cancel my initial membership through the BMO card?
Just trying to figure out the logistics of the PP Lounge account and what happens with that...
Yes, a separate PP account is created for you by AMEX.
No need to cancel the initial membership as it will be cancelled once you close your BMO account.

Keep in mind, you actually don't own the PP account that is tied in with a credit card benefit. Once you cancel your credit card they (BMO/AMEX/SCOTIA) close the PP account.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:17 am

Noted, thanks - appreciate it!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Does anyone here have Scotia Amex? I signed up in December and I still haven't received the 25000 bonus points. They say it takes 6 months. Yeah right, my a$$ it does. I really don't care if it takes 6 month (this is their way to curb churning) - I just sick of keep following up on it and now they are offering just 15000. I don't want them to tell me when I signed up it was only for 15000. Does anyone else have to wait a long time for their Scotia points? Its ridiculous.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Ichinensei
Does anyone here have Scotia Amex? I signed up in December and I still haven't received the 25000 bonus points. They say it takes 6 months. Yeah right, my a$$ it does. I really don't care if it takes 6 month (this is their way to curb churning) - I just sick of keep following up on it and now they are offering just 15000. I don't want them to tell me when I signed up it was only for 15000. Does anyone else have to wait a long time for their Scotia points? Its ridiculous.
Scotiabank has to have one of the worst credit card telephone customer service among all the major banks.

When I got the card, it took 8 weeks to get the bonus, however, each time I called I kept getting a different answer.

Don't worry about the correct amount of bonus points they will be able to see what they offered at the time you applied.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:15 pm

i just got off the phone with scotia bank amex asking when i get my 35000 pts , was told it be 4th or 5th month statement, ill wait and see what happens then.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:21 pm

It took 3-4 month for me to received Scotia bonus points, not like other Bank normally will received bonus points right away.

BTW, have anyone churn this card and get the 2nd time bonus?

Originally Posted by Ichinensei
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

Whoops wrong thread!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:56 am

has anyone used scotia bank rewards pts to pay for taxes on an aeroplan flight, was going to burn some aeroplan pts to book flight ,pay taxes with scotia bank amex card when i get my cc bill ,phone scotia rewards and tell them to use pts for the charge , i phoned scotia rewards ,was told i could not do it , one person had to ask another , so im not sure if they know or not,,
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
It took 3-4 month for me to received Scotia bonus points, not like other Bank normally will received bonus points right away.

BTW, have anyone churn this card and get the 2nd time bonus?
I'm waiting for my 25k bonus(signed up thru GCR for $50 rebate),FYF
This is my 2nd time.....fingers crossed.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:37 am

has anyone used scotia bank rewards pts to pay for taxes on an aeroplan flight, was going to burn some aeroplan pts to book flight ,pay taxes with scotia bank amex card when i get my cc bill ,phone scotia rewards and tell them to use pts for the charge , i phoned scotia rewards ,was told i could not do it , one person had to ask another , so im not sure if they know or not,,
You can apply scotia rewards towards taxes and fuel surcharges from Aeroplan because the charge comes from Air Canada. (I've done this numerous times as it takes the sting off the scam charges)

However, you can not apply scotia rewards toward Aeroplan fees for over the phone agent bookings or award cancellations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.