MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by tentseller
Dec 2017 I got credit for 7 task and two of them should be two different LCBO products ON TWO DIFFERENT PURCHASES AND DATES
Since I am not in Canada during this promo, the BMO and AMEX should take care of themselves without out of the way purchases and I will buy the 3 LCBO online and let you all know when it post or not post.
The Dec promo was Shop The Block and you could use the same partner with different offers. This one is not the same, it has different rules. Do yourself a favor and read the rules. You need 5 different partners for this promo.
nabeelj likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Dec 2017 I got credit for 7 task and two of them should be two different LCBO products ON TWO DIFFERENT PURCHASES AND DATES
Since I am not in Canada during this promo, the BMO and AMEX should take care of themselves without out of the way purchases and I will buy the 3 LCBO online and let you all know when it post or not post.
Terms specifically state 5 different partners, not 5 different offers. This is different from shop the block
nabeelj likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
The Dec promo was Shop The Block and you could use the same partner with different offers. This one is not the same, it has different rules. Do yourself a favor and read the rules. You need 5 different partners for this promo.
Originally Posted by crimsona
Terms specifically state 5 different partners, not 5 different offers. This is different from shop the block
Thanks for pointing this out, I had missed this detail!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Skip The Dishes St. Patrick's Day voucher

Skip The Dishes has a voucher code to save $3 on a $15 order.
Code is
IFOUNDGOLD

I believe this voucher starts working on St. Patrick's Day.

There was a really convoluted riddle and process to get the voucher code. Sometimes puzzles are fun to solve; this one was confusing and not straightforward enough to warrant a discussion thread on RFD... if you want to track down the origin of this.

Last edited by jerry305; Mar 15, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Thanks for pointing this out, I had missed this detail!
So your saying that although there are two coupons for safeway $60 and $10 safeway pharmacy , they only count as one towards the 5 you need.
Also 2 shell....and if you get right down to it Thrifty and safeway are the same partner.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mech11
So your saying that although there are two coupons for safeway $60 and $10 safeway pharmacy , they only count as one towards the 5 you need.
Also 2 shell....and if you get right down to it Thrifty and safeway are the same partner.
Go to the Mega Miles site and check for yourself, it's region/province dependent.
  • http://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
  • Select your region/Province.
  • Click on "All Offers"
  • Click the "Save" star at the upper right of your offers. Watch as the logos are dynamically added to the list at the top of the page.
  • Choose as many as you'd like, but if you choose BOTH of the 2 Shell offers, you will only see ONE Shell logo added to the top, as the 2nd one won't stack up for this offer. This indicates that you'll only fulfill ONE partner/sponsor offer, and you need FIVE to get the full 1250 BAMs.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
What matters is what Air Miles lists as unique partners on the Mega Miles page.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:23 am

Here's an example of the steps above:
  1. Go to http://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
  2. I chose BC, then I clicked "Save" for the following:
  3. Safeway: Spend $60, get 5X Base Miles - saw the logo added to top of page.
  4. Thrifty Foods: Spend $60 or more*, get 5x the Miles. - saw the logo added to top of page.
  5. Thrifty Foods Pharmacy: 20 AIR MILES when you spend $10..." - saw the logo added to top of page.
  6. Shell: Get 10 AIR MILES on 25L fill of Bronze/Silver - saw the logo added to top of page.
  7. Shell: Get 20 AIR MILES on 25L fill of Shell V-Power - DID NOT see ANOTHER Shell logo added to top of page
Here's a screenshot of the dynamically updated list of partner logos at the top of the page.

Note, only ONE Shell logo, even though I selected BOTH Shell offers.
Also, you can see that Safeway, Thrifty Foods and Thrifty Foods Pharmacy are all separate partner offers.
If you don't get FIVE partners for 1250 BAMs, you could also get 650 BAMs for fulfilling 3 partners.

Hope that clears things up on how to check if you'll meet the conditions to qualify for the promotion. Enjoy.

EDIT: I don't want to turn this into an Air Miles MegaMiles promo thread, so I'll just add onto this post.
Even if you have used the Shell gas 25L coupon once for the MegaMiles promo, you can continue to use it up to 6x for the 10 BAMs on 25L fillups. In my case, I also had a concurrent offer to "Fill 25L four times for 100 BAMs", so I've been going back to Shell for my fills, and used the MM coupon all 4 times to get 4x10 BAMs, plus now the 100 BAMs have posted for that separate non-MegaMiles offer. That's 140 BAMs already.

Last edited by JJonahJ; Mar 16, 2018 at 9:48 am Reason: goofy typo and Add Shell 6x info
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Here's an example of the steps above:
  1. Go to http://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
  2. I chose BC, then I clicked "Save" for the following:
  3. Safeway: Spend $60, get 5X Base Miles - saw the logo added to top of page.
  4. Thrifty Foods: Spend $60 or more*, get 5x the Miles. - saw the logo added to top of page.
  5. Thrifty Foods Pharmacy: 20 AIR MILES when you spend $10..." - saw the logo added to top of page.
  6. Shell: Get 10 AIR MILES on 25L fill of Bronze/Silver - saw the logo added to top of page.
  7. Shell: Get 20 AIR MILES on 25L fill of Shell V-Power - DID NOT see ANOTHER Shell logo added to top of page

Here's a screenshot of the dynamically updated list of partner logos at the top of the page.

Note, only ONE Shell logo, even though I selected BOTH Shell offers.
Also, you can see that Safeway, Thrifty Foods and Thrifty Foods Pharmacy are all separate partner offers.
If you don't get FIVE partners for 1250 BAMs, you could also get 650 BAMs for fulfilling 3 partners.

Hope that's clears things up on how to check if you'll meet the conditions to qualify for the promotion. Enjoy.
Yes Thanks, even though it has it's own coupon and shows up as one of your saved. That's a little sneaky of Miles.
I guess maybe, maybe not that you would get it...So best not take a chance ..
with doing the 2 gas the rest are practically free. (gas you always buy) but you don't always buy something at the Bay.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

If anyone is thinking of applying for the new Scotiabank Passport Visa with no FX fees. Wait until April 3rd when the application link will go live with GCR.
Hyacinthe, MAXII, jubberly and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
If anyone is thinking of applying for the new Scotiabank Passport Visa with no FX fees. Wait until April 3rd when the application link will go live with GCR.
Any news if it will also be FYF?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That's a little sneaky of Miles.
Not if you read the rules.

(gas you always buy)
I haven't bought gas for my own car in Canada for years. Luckily, I'll have a rental car within the promo period that will need gas.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Any news if it will also be FYF?
No news on FYF.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:29 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
Originally Posted by alc
Originally Posted by imverge
Originally Posted by alc
From T&C:

† To be exempt from the annual fee for one year (the “annual fee waiver offer”) and to receive 25,000 bonus RBC Rewards points (or welcome points), your application form must be received and approved by us.

Upon enrolment, 25,000 bonus RBC Rewards points will appear on your first monthly statement. Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion or Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer.
so, if i read it correctly, having one of these existing RBC credit cards will not be eligible for this offer. is this normal for RBC?

Also, I can't find anything in T&C state about previous card holder. Last I have this card is back in 2014, wonder if anyone have this card more than once and got sign-up bonus more than once.

Thanks.
You should have no problem getting the 25K and free first year. I've had the card x3 and each time I've gotten the bonus points and free first year.
Thanks for the info. Will apply for it then.
applied earlier and got approval. Will report back if I do get the bonus and FYF.

But FYI, when I click "view detail" at last page, it still show 15K and no FYF. So, will see.
got my 1st statement and rec'd my 25K and FYF.

also to note, wife also applied with no instant approval, but got approved after a couple of days. She still has the Cash Back MC that was converted from the Target MC. Hasn't make 1st purchase yet, but I did my usual $0.01 payment to ensure my online banking is setup correctly. On her 1st statement, she got FYF as well. But to my surprise, she got 25K as well, thought it was after 1st purchase only So, put this card in the draw now
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:29 am

has anyone got there free night certificate ffrom marriott for there card that was closed out yet, called marriott , the lady didnt seem to know much about it, dont see anything in my account yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.