Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sxc234
AMEX Business Platinum Card Changes

Just got a letter in the mail stating they are increasing annual fee from $399 to $499 but also introducing complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits for card holder and a guest (similar to Personal Platinum) which is a $99 USD annual value and each visit being complimentary is a $27 USD value person.
so they're basically making it more like the Personal Plat? I'm okay with that, I think.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
I don't know enough to answer your question about fee waivers, but I'd point out that most credit card medical insurance programs have a clause whereby if you are away for longer than the maximum coverage period, then none of your trip is covered for medical occurrences. This is different from what you suggest above, so please double check the fine print. It would suck to think you're covered and then not be due to such a technicality.
Thanks. Regarding medical insurance, I plan to either subscribe a policy separate from the CC or if less expensive pay a supplement through the CC insurance company to top up the coverage for the duration of the stay (some credit cards offer that option). I'll look into both options once the trip is fully planned.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
RBC link not working for me either. First page shows the 25k offer but once our hit apply, it shows standard offer of 15k and no mention of fyf.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by teriyaki
RBC link not working for me either. First page shows the 25k offer but once our hit apply, it shows standard offer of 15k and no mention of fyf.
Try this: http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-c...rds_aggregator

Last edited by imverge; Feb 20, 2018 at 8:55 pm Reason: Link updated
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:21 am

That's a referral link. Is that allowed here?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:53 am
alc

From T&C:

To be exempt from the annual fee for one year (the annual fee waiver offer) and to receive 25,000 bonus RBC Rewards points (or welcome points), your application form must be received and approved by us.

Upon enrolment, 25,000 bonus RBC Rewards points will appear on your first monthly statement. Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion or Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum, British Airways Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer.
so, if i read it correctly, having one of these existing RBC credit cards will not be eligible for this offer. is this normal for RBC?

Also, I can't find anything in T&C state about previous card holder. Last I have this card is back in 2014, wonder if anyone have this card more than once and got sign-up bonus more than once.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:41 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

Just got a letter in the mail stating...
Discussion here:

Changes to American Express Business Platinum in Canada
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mxqisit
That's a referral link. Is that allowed here?
That's the only link that seems to work for the 25K points and free first year. I tried to modify it but it didn't work.

Going through RBC website only gives you 15K points and $120 annual fee.

Looks like it's an exclusive offer.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by alc
From T&C:

so, if i read it correctly, having one of these existing RBC credit cards will not be eligible for this offer. is this normal for RBC?

Also, I can't find anything in T&C state about previous card holder. Last I have this card is back in 2014, wonder if anyone have this card more than once and got sign-up bonus more than once.

Thanks.
You should have no problem getting the 25K and free first year. I've had the card x3 and each time I've gotten the bonus points and free first year.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:39 am
alc

Originally Posted by imverge
You should have no problem getting the 25K and free first year. I've had the card x3 and each time I've gotten the bonus points and free first year.
Thanks for the info. Will apply for it then.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:02 pm
alc

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks for the info. Will apply for it then.
applied earlier and got approval. Will report back if I do get the bonus and FYF.

But FYI, when I click "view detail" at last page, it still show 15K and no FYF. So, will see.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

Just got a letter in the mail stating they are increasing annual fee from $399 to $499 but also introducing complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits for card holder and a guest (similar to Personal Platinum) which is a $99 USD annual value and each visit being complimentary is a $27 USD value person.
Looks like the referral link already changed. Doh. Useless to me, I just want the welcome bonus, so suddenly it's $100 more for the points.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Keep your eyes on your mailboxes! My wife's Loblaw card came today. Now just waiting for mine...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Keep your eyes on your mailboxes! My wife's Loblaw card came today. Now just waiting for mine...
Is that the $25 gift card for the bread price fixing scam?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tobegold
Is that the $25 gift card for the bread price fixing scam?
Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.