MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:31 pm

it's YMMV, I had the BMO World Elite rewards card 2 years ago,
I jump for this FYF promo still got the 20K points.
Originally Posted by WKnight
I have an older BMO MC Cashback card. Last month I asked if I could convert this to the BMO World Elite MC, with the 20K first year free, but the reps (called twice) told me that since I already the World Elite before (2014) that I would not be eligible for the promotion. Both reps pointed to the online terms to ensure I read the notes about this. I debated if I should just apply for a new card, instead of converting the existing card, but was soured enough that I didn't bother.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Get 30 FREE AirMiles for signing up:

https://mylcbo.com/app/register
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Supposedly only for residents of Ontario, but we shall see...
Posted today, B.C. resident. Thanks.😆
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAXII
same here.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Is there an expiry date for this offer? Just seeing it now.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is there an expiry date for this offer? Just seeing it now.
No expiry date
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
No expiry date
Thanks, but they don't want me.

Warning

Sorry, that AIR MILES Collector number is already registered. Only one registration per AIR MILES Collector number is allowed.
I thought this was something new, but I guess I registered ages ago.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by WKnight
Surpassed the $2000 spending mark. But, I haven't seen any additional points yet, still just the original 20,000 after first purchase.

At the rewards page I see I've earned 22,305 points. Removing the 20,000 welcome bonus, this means I've earned 2,305 points or in other words over $2000 spent (1 pt per $1).

Now just have to wait for my 2nd statement to generate and I'll see if the final 40,000 points are awarded.
My 2nd statement has generated, and I do not see the additional 40,000 Best Western points. On the plus side, the points from spending were posted to my BW account by the next day.

Ok, will have to wait till the 3rd MBNA BW MC statement now.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
I was thinking the same thing. I have a BMO MC account and I've transferred to different cards over the years, but I've never held the Elite BMO AM MC, so wondering if I'd get the bonus or the FYF? I'm going to call to find out.

I have had this MC account for over 20 years now - not sure how I keep it going because I never use it anymore! It's been almost 2 years since I charged anything on it!
When you transfer to different cards, do you just call in and they give you current promo? Or what do I need to do?
BMO world Elite has FYF & 20,000 rewards points.
I`ve had BMO airmiles card for at least 15 years but I don`t use it anymore as I have totally given up on airmiles. Would be great to switch it!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFan
When you transfer to different cards, do you just call in and they give you current promo? Or what do I need to do?
BMO world Elite has FYF & 20,000 rewards points.
I`ve had BMO airmiles card for at least 15 years but I don`t use it anymore as I have totally given up on airmiles. Would be great to switch it!
Yep I've always just called. But I've never had a FYF...but they have awarded bonus points...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by pokee
Yep I've always just called. But I've never had a FYF...but they have awarded bonus points...
When the BMO WE Rewards MC was FYF and 30,000 (2014?), I converted a no-fee BMO Airmiles MC to that product, and they DID give me the FYF, as well as the 30,000, and 4 credits on the Priority Pass.

Fast forward to TODAY...has anyone tried to convert an existing BMO card to either the BMO WE Rewards (20K/FYF) or BMO WE Airmiles (3K/FYF) during the current promos, like, within the past month? Looking for recent reports, not older ones (like mine, above...too old to be significant).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:37 pm

Extra 10 Air Miles for updating profile - MYLCBO

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXII
Following on from the original signup bonus, I just received an e-mail - "... Personalize your profile and get 10 Bonus Air Miles"

E-mail was in my junk, glad I caught it. I'll report back if I get the 10.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
hey folks, need some help. i am looking for the next sets of cards to churn for myself and the mrs.

1. we just finished our alaska churn.
2. mrs just cancelled her amex plat at the beginning of august. i did have an amex plat but cancelled it approx 2 years ago. not sure if i can get the bonus if i sign up again.
3. looking to get aeroplan points to redeem next year for F rewards. mrs need an extra 15k points while i need 50k.

need suggestions on best cards to sign up for.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by injian
hey folks, need some help. i am looking for the next sets of cards to churn for myself and the mrs.

2. mrs just cancelled her amex plat at the beginning of august. i did have an amex plat but cancelled it approx 2 years ago. not sure if i can get the bonus if i sign up again.
3. looking to get aeroplan points to redeem next year for F rewards. mrs need an extra 15k points while i need 50k.

Only YOU can decide, and I do recommend AMEX still, especially for Aeroplan build-up. So far repeat welcome bonus is still given AFAIK

See my RFD thread
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/jerry...g-faq-1685293/
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by injian

If you don't want to sign up again for the Amex Personal Plat MR (60K/$699) then the Biz Plat is running at 75K/$399 after $5K spending.

For wife, 15K from the CIBC Aeroplan Infinite card, but to get FYF you need to go in branch, or call for a rep, however no guarantees on the FYF, will help if you're a CIBC client. Else get FYF for this card at a CIBC kiosk agent at YYZ T1 airside. This will require the first statement to cycle before she gets the points, but no minimum spending required.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:19 am

For the BMO AIR MILES World Elite: https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/cr...te-mastercard/

How do we get the lounge passes and priority pass membership? I received the card recently and didn't see anything in the welcome package about it. I did throw it out quickly though so maybe I missed it? Any way I can still get it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.