MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by WKnight
I had instant approval for the MBNA Best Western card. The card finally arrived after 2 weeks. I signed up with the 60,000 points promotion. I have already spent over $1,000. So, I should get the initial 20,000 when my first statement posts. But what about then next 20,000 for the first $1,000 spending? Will I have to wait for the 90 days or it will be on the first statement as well? Anyone know?
You shoul be able to look it up what you got by signing to your on line banking for MBNA MC under rewards.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:57 pm

MBNA Alaska MasterCard via GCR

This is the response I received today when my GCR rebate didn't show up:

MBNA has completed their investigation for inquiries submitted last month. They did not approve your missing transaction inquiry because you had a prior Alaska card at MBNA. MBNA offers a rebate for new Alaska card clients only. It is stated on the MBNA page on our site.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Newbie question!
i completed the minimum spend on my first SPG card and the statement date was yesterday (statement just posted this morning on account). How long before the starpoints are posted to my account? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
Newbie question!
i completed the minimum spend on my first SPG card and the statement date was yesterday (statement just posted this morning on account). How long before the starpoints are posted to my account? Thanks!
2-3 days
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by imverge
2-3 days
thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:43 pm

Just seen this today.

TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card

Welcome Bonus: Earn 6% in Cash Back Dollars on grocery purchases, gas purchases and regularly recurring bill payments for the first 3 months to a total spend of $3500.
Plus, for a limited time, get a full Annual Fee rebate for the Primary Cardholder for the first year.

Earn 3% in Cash Back Dollars on eligible grocery Purchases and gas Purchases, and on regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account
Earn 1% in Cash Back Dollars on all other Purchases made with your Card
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by imverge
2-3 days
the points did show up! I should have just been patient and just waited the day....
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chris101
Just seen this today.

TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card

Welcome Bonus: Earn 6% in Cash Back Dollars on grocery purchases, gas purchases and regularly recurring bill payments for the first 3 months to a total spend of $3500.
Plus, for a limited time, get a full Annual Fee rebate for the Primary Cardholder for the first year.

Earn 3% in Cash Back Dollars on eligible grocery Purchases and gas Purchases, and on regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account
Earn 1% in Cash Back Dollars on all other Purchases made with your Card
Any sign-up bonus points?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:51 pm

want to swap back from Esso extra to RBC rewards, just find out I need spend $250 before 07/31 ! and buy Esso gift card don't earn any Esso points ��, there's no way I can fill $250 gas in the next 2 weeks, anyone know if there's any other way to do it?

In order to begin exchanging Esso Extra Points with RBC Reward points, Esso Extra members must first spend $250 on eligible purchases at Esso stations to earn a minimum of 250 base Esso Extra Points.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat
Quick newbie question: Is there a minimum income for the MBNA best western card? Asking on behalf of a homemaker. Homemaker's partner makes more than adequate income. Wondering if its worth it to have them apply to take advantage of the 60K offer. Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by rjatyyz
Quick newbie question: Is there a minimum income for the MBNA best western card? Asking on behalf of a homemaker. Homemaker's partner makes more than adequate income. Wondering if its worth it to have them apply to take advantage of the 60K offer. Thanks!
There's nothing in the application text and for a no-annual-fee card it's not like they would have a big one anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Any sign-up bonus points?
Earn 6% in Cash Back Dollars on grocery purchases, gas purchases and regularly recurring bill payments for the first 3 months to a total spend of $3500. After it goes to 3%
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
want to swap back from Esso extra to RBC rewards, just find out I need spend $250 before 07/31 ! and buy Esso gift card don't earn any Esso points ��, there's no way I can fill $250 gas in the next 2 weeks, anyone know if there's any other way to do it?

In order to begin exchanging Esso Extra Points with RBC Reward points, Esso Extra members must first spend $250 on eligible purchases at Esso stations to earn a minimum of 250 base Esso Extra Points.
Speaking of Esso points.
You can get a $100 gift card for Esso and receive 5.0 cents Esso privilege Card worth $10 good for 200 L.

Then you reload the card woth $100. You get 5.0 cents Essoe privilege card worth $15 good for 300 L

https://www.giftcardadvantage.com/bu...eloadable-Card

Card expires Dec 2017.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:50 am

can u buy this esso card at gas station do u know ? i did at xmas time for same deal but was only on at xmas time
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You shoul be able to look it up what you got by signing to your on line banking for MBNA MC under rewards.
Thank you. I did already see 20,000 Best Western points earned attached with my first purchase with the card, plus the small additional points I've been earning with regular spending. I was wondering if the next tiered 20,000 points for spending $1000 within 90 days would appear right away, or do I need to wait for the full 90 days. I suppose I can find out once I reach $1000 in spending, later this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.