Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305

"Special Thanks" mailer from Club Carlson - 1000 free bonus points
Recd in today's
1) Go to www.yourgiftfromcountry.com
2) Enter your Email address, Acct # then code "THANKYOU"

I scored 1,000 points though it says "7-10 business days" to post. Not sure if this is a YMMV.

Brace yourselves for plastering of the BA front page from the cut/paste bloggers in 3....2.....1..... You know who you are so at least have the decency to quote your source.
Seems to be targeted, entered the infos along with my account number and code, says its not valid, no offers for my account
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jerry305
!: This is a re-post of a thread started by hockeystl last month.
Club Carlson members might earn 1000 free bonus points.

"Special Thanks" mailer from Club Carlson - 1000 free bonus points
Recd in today's mail.

1) Go to www.yourgiftfromcountry.com
2) Enter your Email address, Acct # then code "THANKYOU"

I scored 1,000 points though it says "7-10 business days" to post. Not sure if this is a YMMV.

Brace yourselves for plastering of the BA front page from the cut/paste bloggers in 3....2.....1..... You know who you are so at least have the decency to quote your source.
"We're sorry, we did not find any eligible entries with that Club Carlson Number"
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Well...you can still book AA flights with AS miles. That makes them useful for Canadians.
Hey Preacher, I just noticed your new profile comments:
Programs: No status, just 12M points to burn...

Amazing, simply amazing!

I still remember the guy trying to belittle people like us who churn for points, about how we we don't know the value/cost of points, and implying that we don't fly as much J/F as the guys who pay for the front of the plane.
Here, this post at the TD Aero Visa thread:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
No problem. I look forward to you et al. trying to lecture members like CC et al. on the value/cost of points "because you fly J/F a lot".
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:25 pm

Nice to see that Alaska Airlines have reduced the rewards mileage redemption rate!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:30 pm

It's not really a pure drop, it's a more dynamic award chart. Availability of the absolute lowest rates requires the cheaper revenue fare buckets to be available
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
It's not really a pure drop, it's a more dynamic award chart. Availability of the absolute lowest rates requires the cheaper revenue fare buckets to be available
15k vs 25k for BLI-LAS works for me ^
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Canada only.
Ends December 25, 2016.

Aeroplan website:
https://www.aeroplan.com

T&C:
100 BONUS MILES OFFER: Member must both subscribe to and confirm that they want to receive Aeroplan Text Messages by texting their Aeroplan Number to short code 27767 from their mobile phone within Canada only between December 1, 2016 and December 25, 2016. One time bonus of 100 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, regardless of how many times a member unsubscribes and re subscribes. If members have previously subscribed, they won't be eligible for this bonus offer. Bonus miles will be credited to the member's account no later than 4 6 weeks after the qualifying activity has been completed. In order to be awarded the bonus miles, members must be subscribed to receive Aeroplan Text Messages at the time of crediting. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status. The member is responsible for determining whether their wireless carrier supports text messaging and if their mobile device is capable of receiving text messages. Standard text messaging rates and/or data charges may apply. Check with your carrier plan for your standard messaging fees. For full SMS terms & Conditions, click here.

This promo was on a few years ago as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...lan-miles.html
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Hey Preacher, I just noticed your new profile comments:
Programs: No status, just 12M points to burn...

Amazing, simply amazing!

I still remember the guy trying to belittle people like us who churn for points, about how we we don't know the value/cost of points, and implying that we don't fly as much J/F as the guys who pay for the front of the plane.
Here, this post at the TD Aero Visa thread:
Thx, JJJ, for all your help here on these threads. I know you've been very helpful to me, and I'm sure to many others from the Great White North! We're blessed to have folks like you!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Thx, JJJ, for all your help here on these threads. I know you've been very helpful to me, and I'm sure to many others from the Great White North! We're blessed to have folks like you!
Well said. I am one of the (I'm sure) many that JJJ has helped too. Hats off to one of our true FT MVPs! ^
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:15 pm

Starting Jan 9th,you can transfer`Virgin Atlantic miles to Alaska Airline miles at 1 to 1.3

What does this mean?

This means, for eg.40k Amex MR points,you can transfer to Alaska Airlines(via SPG and Virgin) at 1MR to 0.8125 Alaska Air

40k Amex to 20k SPG
20k Spg to 25k Virgin
25k Virgin to 32.5k Alaska

40k Amex MR for 32.5k Alaska Airlines points
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:34 pm

Starwood Axes Virgin America As A Points Transfer Partner Without Notice

Originally Posted by jubberly
Starting Jan 9th,you can transfer`Virgin Atlantic miles to Alaska Airline miles at 1 to 1.3

What does this mean?

This means, for eg.40k Amex MR points,you can transfer to Alaska Airlines(via SPG and Virgin) at 1MR to 0.8125 Alaska Air

40k Amex to 20k SPG
20k Spg to 25k Virgin
25k Virgin to 32.5k Alaska

40k Amex MR for 32.5k Alaska Airlines points

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...er-eliminated/
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by imverge

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...er-eliminated/
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

Update: Starwood is claiming this was a glitch, and that it should be updated soon. I guess we’ll see — clearly something is up, though

....there's still hope!

Last edited by jubberly; Dec 21, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:50 pm

I certainly agree! Very helpful and willing to answer the smallest of questions!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jubberly
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

Update: Starwood is claiming this was a glitch, and that it should be updated soon. I guess we’ll see — clearly something is up, though

....there's still hope!
appears to be back online with the current SPG buy points sape that's reeeeeal tempting. More so than the 40k MR to 32.5k AS transfer...
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:04 am

I've lurked a lot and don't post much, but I want to echo the helpfulness of JJJ! He really helped me get started and continues to do so! Gold star for you sir!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.