MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:53 am

No. If you try checking out under fifty bucks, the site will attempt to charge your card 100k (not a typo).

May trigger fraud alert at that point
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
No. If you try checking out under fifty bucks, the site will attempt to charge your card 100k (not a typo).

May trigger fraud alert at that point
Haha what??
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by zer0k1
Haha what??
Classic IT problem where going below 0 resets it to the biggest possible integer
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:53 am

Haha what??
Not a joke.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shop-.../#post23493333
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:59 am

Wow. I get the feeling that shop.ca has many issues
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I can't seem to access shop.ca, I was just getting their custom error message and now it's timing out. Never had trouble reaching it before... is it working for the rest of you?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by heraclitus
I can't seem to access shop.ca, I was just getting their custom error message and now it's timing out. Never had trouble reaching it before... is it working for the rest of you?
Had this problem the first time I ordered something from shop.ca but I removed all cookies and deleted history and retried and it worked.

And I just ordered an item last night and got the $50 off after tax. That being said, I ended up paying $13 out of pocket - so can't speak to the problems others have experienced about sub $50 purchases.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
OK, the site seems to be up and running again...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
New TD Aeroplan offer: 25k after $1k spend. $60 annual fee for the first year (50% off). $50 statement credit + 3,000 AP miles after 1 purchase at shop.ca (no minimum).

With the GCR $50 cashback it is effectively $10 for 28k AP miles and a $50 Shop.ca GC

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...urceCode=NTrSD
Or 70$ back at RFD.

And there's no minimum spend in the fine print, simply keep the account active for 90 days:

'To receive the additional 10,000 Aeroplan Miles offer ("Additional Miles"), you must: (a) apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account ("Account") through the link on this website between September 1, 2015 – October 30, 2015 and (b) keep your Account open, active and good standing for 90 days after Account approval.'
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:35 am

Everybody gets the shop ca giftcard though, so it's not really a perk specific to this offer.

Perkopolis has no cashback but has first year waived and you can use the shop.ca promo code too
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Further to shop.ca, anyone else getting the "The promo code you've applied has already been redeemed on the Credit Card entered' error message when attempting payment? I haven't used the promo code so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I've emailed them and am waiting for a response, but I thought I'd check to see if there is a workaround?

I appreciate the promo, but it does seem that nothing is ever easy when shop.ca is involved...

EDIT: This just popped up in my inbox:

We're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Our development team is actively investigating this issue, and will provide an update as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:38 am

Everybody gets the shop ca giftcard though, so it's not really a perk specific to this offer.

Perkopolis has no cashback but has first year waived and you can use the shop.ca promo code too
Personally I think the Perkopolis offer is better, 25K, FYF, no $1K spending even
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: CX, AF, UA
As a data point for churners ...
7 months ago, a bank clerk made multiple credit checks on multiple days for the same credit card application. He made mistakes.

We filed complaints: to him, his branch supervisor, various ombudsman levels all the way to the OBSI. All confirmed in writing the mistake of the bank clerk, and at the same time saying they could not remove the wrong credit checks as they were not system errors but human errors.

At the time, they cost us 22 points - we could document because nothing else changed on our files during that time.

Today, 7 months later, the wrong checks (2) were finally removed. Score bumped up 10 points.

Seems hard checks do drag scores down for longer then 6 months... Something for churners to keep in mind.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Had this problem the first time I ordered something from shop.ca but I removed all cookies and deleted history and retried and it worked.

And I just ordered an item last night and got the $50 off after tax. That being said, I ended up paying $13 out of pocket - so can't speak to the problems others have experienced about sub $50 purchases.
Just bought a $49.99 item, but apparently tax and shipping both count towards the $50, so I'm five bucks out of pocket.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Just bought a $49.99 item, but apparently tax and shipping both count towards the $50, so I'm five bucks out of pocket.
did the same thing haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.