Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I've never been asked for any financial documents when applying for an amex business card. Sometimes it is instant approval and sometimes takes a few days, but I've never been asked for supporting docs.
Business Gold has a lower AF than regular Gold. Seems like a better deal to go Business Gold vs. Business Edge
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by flipstah
Seems like a better deal to go Business Gold vs. Business Edge
The Business Gold has a 20K higher sign-up bonus than Edge, but the annual fee is $100 more. The Business Gold also earns a straight 1 point per $ spent, whereas the Edge earns 3x on office supplies & electronics, rides & gas, eats & drinks. They both have ongoing monthly or quarterly bonuses, although the Business Gold requires a much higher spend to hit them. See my post here for a comparison: American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
flipstah likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Anyone see Air Miles got dropped by Sobeys and Safeway for Scene+? It’s not just for movies anymore!

i think this card is looking good if you want an alternative to Air Miles:

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/credit-cards/american-express/platinum-card.html
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
Nothing?

Has Milesbuzz Canada kicked the bucket?
it’s been over 6 months and not one message.

This thread was vibing… How can it go wrong?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:32 pm

Seems like it has kicked the bucket. RIP this thread, RIP MilesBuzz. Canadian churning scene continues to disappoint compared to our neighbours in the south.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:12 pm

Hey.

Through churning I have two priority pass memberships. Can I give one to my parents?
Old May 3, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: AP 35K
Originally Posted by jdesroches7
Through churning I have two priority pass memberships. Can I give one to my parents?
No, they will be under your name. They always scan your membership + matching boarding pass.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:33 pm

Thanks. Curious, I haven’t seen this one too much. Any idea on what are the easiest flights to book and cheapest from the Aeroplan mini rtw trips? Working on getting access to cowtool lol curious initial trip ideas.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:40 pm

Air Canada basic flights

Hey I know there is currently cibc and Amex offer for 7x and 10x points on air Canada flights. Just curious if that would also count when purchasing basic flights which have 0% regular points awarded?
Old May 5, 2023, 7:19 am

Mini RTW flights

Yoooo, new here, curious if there’s a page with a lot of Aeroplan mini round the world style itineraries? Would be good for guidance and inspiration. Thanks,
Old May 5, 2023, 8:24 am

Hey I know there is currently cibc and Amex offer for 7x and 10x points on air Canada flights. Just curious if that would also count when purchasing basic flights which have 0% regular points awarded?
You should still earn the 7x or 10x EQD ... ie these are not STATUS earning miles, they are credit card miles, so they'd be good for redeeming future reward tickets, but with 0% earn they won't help you get status.

Yoooo, new here, curious if there’s a page with a lot of Aeroplan mini round the world style itineraries? Would be good for guidance and inspiration. Thanks,
So you're in the wrong forum for those for those questions.

For the starter questions, head over to this Aeroplan awards for beginners thread then once you have a good grasp of what's going on, this should help for the more complex awards. No, there is no compilation of possible routes, you have to read through pick up ideas. Though you are more than welcome to create one. No spoon feeding on FT sir/ma'am, you have to put in the work to feel rewarded.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 8:30 am

Definitely willing to put in the work. Thank you very much for the response. I will check those forums out.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Good news: Yes, here: Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Bad news: Mini-RTW's don't really exist anymore the way they used to be discussed.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: no status
Is there another thread on Canadian Credit cards, referrals etc?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Merlin666
Is there another thread on Canadian Credit cards, referrals etc?
Not sure of a discussion thread, but this site is for Amex referrals (not just Canadian, but there are some in there).
American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).

RedFlag Deals has better discussion forums for Canadian credit cards, although they don't allow discussion of referrals.
kalderlake likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.