Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Old May 20, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by CFFrost
I'm concerned that the cash bonus might have trumped the miles bonus. I got several e-mails concerning the cash - registration, qualification, posting, etc - but nothing at all for the miles. Am I missing terms that might limit me to one or the other? Has anyone that has gotten miles received any sort of confirmation for the miles?
I wouldn't be too disappointed if those miles don't show. I'd take $50 over 2 or 3 thousand miles any day. Not even a contest.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by md10md
Anyone tried closing an account yet? It won't let me close the account unless I sell the ~$1 stock I have. The fee to sell is $6.95, so I'd rather not spend it if I don't have to.
I asked the same question on the first page of this thread and the OP answered in post #9. Although I'm not sure I quite understand the answer. Guess I still have the same question myself.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by IDM79
I wouldn't be too disappointed if those miles don't show. I'd take $50 over 2 or 3 thousand miles any day. Not even a contest.
Ha. Yea, I agree. I was just optimistically hoping for both. It was SUCH great deal to get 2000 miles AND $50 for buying $1 worth of stock!

But, as they say about things that are to good to be true . . . I guess we'll see what happens.
Old May 20, 2013, 10:55 pm

Can someone explain where and when I'm supposed to enter my Delta SkyMiles number? I went through the whole process of signing up for an account and depositing money, but I was never asked to enter a SkyMiles number. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:46 am

Shareholder (nonw Capitol One 360) had a huge system-wide bonus 'r rama during last Thanksgiving. I received a $100 (or was it more?) cash bonus for making two trades with a new acct. There was also $100+ bonus for opening up a free checking acct, and a $50 or ($25?) bonus for opening up a free savings acct. This miles bonus is equally generous.

Be careful when going to the landing page link in post #1. I noticed that I had to click the link, open it, close it, then try all over again before the airline miles bonus page came. The first time there was no mention of a any airline miles bonus. Yep, that the 'ol "click the provided link once, and maybe twice or more until the desired bonus page appears" trick.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:51 am

I just got an email overnight that stated my $50 bonus has posted. I still don't have my United miles, but I agree with other posters that I'm still happy with the $50 even if the miles don't post.
Old May 21, 2013, 7:12 am
Original Poster

I asked the same question on the first page of this thread and the OP answered in post #9. Although I'm not sure I quite understand the answer. Guess I still have the same question myself.
The fee will not be more than the amount of your stock. If your the stock is worth $1, the fee will be $1. They will not make you transfer in more money just to pay the fee.
Old May 21, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I'm concerned that the cash bonus might have trumped the miles bonus. I got several e-mails concerning the cash - registration, qualification, posting, etc - but nothing at all for the miles. Am I missing terms that might limit me to one or the other? Has anyone that has gotten miles received any sort of confirmation for the miles?
Yeah, you should get an email saying you qualified for the miles. Probably you cannot get a cash and miles bonus on the same account.
Old May 21, 2013, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hazarrd
Can someone explain where and when I'm supposed to enter my Delta SkyMiles number? I went through the whole process of signing up for an account and depositing money, but I was never asked to enter a SkyMiles number. Thanks.
Did you sign up through the delta link in the first post because it should have asked you for it when you signed up. You can also add it by going to 'Profile and Settings' in the Overview menu and then clicking on Account Settings and there is a place to update it towards the bottom.
Old May 21, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by samdori
Did you sign up through the delta link in the first post because it should have asked you for it when you signed up. You can also add it by going to 'Profile and Settings' in the Overview menu and then clicking on Account Settings and there is a place to update it towards the bottom.
Thanks for pointing me here. However, I don't see any place to update my skymiles number on the Account Settings page. Wonder what I did wrong during registration? I did get an email regarding the $50 bonus.

OP said "Open an account and be sure to select SkyMiles Medallion as your membership level." I never saw a place to indicate this during registration.

Can anyone assist?
Old May 21, 2013, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hazarrd
Thanks for pointing me here. However, I don't see any place to update my skymiles number on the Account Settings page. Wonder what I did wrong during registration? I did get an email regarding the $50 bonus.

OP said "Open an account and be sure to select SkyMiles Medallion as your membership level." I never saw a place to indicate this during registration.

Can anyone assist?
If the option to add your SM# doesn't appear, it means the promotion did not get applied to your account for whatever reason. From reading previous posts it seems it is not possible to get both the cash and miles bonus on the same account.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Does anyone know why i only see United when i go threw the links the OP provided?? (when choosing DL)
Old May 21, 2013, 10:07 am

Hi,

Big thanks to the original poster and all others for the very useful info.

Some clarification from other UA users would be much welcomed though:

1. Has anyone signed up for the 2,000 mile promotion AND 50 dollars cash back and gotten both? I just opened one account last night, made the five dollar trade, and will wait and see.

2. Let's say you sign up for the 2,000 mile promo AND 50 dollars cash back, when would you be able to open a new account and presumably get another 2,000 miles; do you need to wait until the 50 posts then close and reopen, or can you concurrently have many accounts open under the same social security number (thereby allowing me to open a new account now with the other still open)?

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by samdori
Yeah, you should get an email saying you qualified for the miles. Probably you cannot get a cash and miles bonus on the same account.
How long after sign-up do you get the e-mail? I already received the cash, and there was definitely a place to list my UA # AFTER I entered the $50 promo code. It really would be misleading for them to allow this and then later refuse to honor it. (I wouldn't complain, obviously).
Old May 21, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Corelli
Hi,

Big thanks to the original poster and all others for the very useful info.

Some clarification from other UA users would be much welcomed though:

1. Has anyone signed up for the 2,000 mile promotion AND 50 dollars cash back and gotten both? I just opened one account last night, made the five dollar trade, and will wait and see.

2. Let's say you sign up for the 2,000 mile promo AND 50 dollars cash back, when would you be able to open a new account and presumably get another 2,000 miles; do you need to wait until the 50 posts then close and reopen, or can you concurrently have many accounts open under the same social security number (thereby allowing me to open a new account now with the other still open)?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I did United and the $50 rebate. I received the $50 but not the 2,000 miles. It may take a while for United to publish the miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.