Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
Opened account, but its marked restricted. DOH! Any ideas why?
Old May 15, 2013, 2:34 pm

So you had to close the account you opened each time in order to open a new account and apply for this offer again, is that right? I am guessing this took you several weeks to do then, because you would presumably wait for the points to post to your account with Delta et. al. before closing down the Sharebuilder account and reapplying.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
Opened account, but its marked restricted. DOH! Any ideas why?
Got the same thing, called and they said it's because this is a brand new account that is still going through processing. Should be unlocked within 30-60 minutes of account opening according to the rep I spoke with.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tailgater
My $4.00 (one time) auto trade went through yesterday (Tuesday). I already opened a SH investment account (and got a $100 bonus) autumn 2012. Opening a second acct was made through the OP link. I'm now another proud owner of $1 of that Sirius stock! Thanks OP.
Unless I did something wrong, it seems like the minimum trade now with automatic investing is $5. I got an error message when trying to invest just $1. It said the amount invested had to be greater than the $4 commission (no cents option for $4.01)

Error message: "The investment amount must be greater than $4. This is the commission for a Plan trade on your Pricing Program."

Last edited by hotstepper; May 15, 2013 at 11:22 pm
Old May 16, 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by hotstepper
Unless I did something wrong, it seems like the minimum trade now with automatic investing is $5. I got an error message when trying to invest just $1. It said the amount invested had to be greater than the $4 commission (no cents option for $4.01)

Error message: "The investment amount must be greater than $4. This is the commission for a Plan trade on your Pricing Program."
My bad, it was actually a $5 transaction. Four dollars for the auto trade (one-time) and $1 for the stock purchase.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
Smile

Thanks for the post - very helpful.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:31 am

How to fund the account?

Just wondering how you guys are funding your account? I believe I would need to fund the account through my checking account. They said that wire transfer would not cost anything through their website however when I called my bank which is Bank of America, they told me that there is a fee for transfer money in or out of my account. The person I talked to doesn't know how much the fees are but could go a high as $45. Does anyone here have a Bank of America account and how much did they charge you to transfer money in or out? Thanks
Old May 16, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gmid2006
Just wondering how you guys are funding your account? I believe I would need to fund the account through my checking account. They said that wire transfer would not cost anything through their website however when I called my bank which is Bank of America, they told me that there is a fee for transfer money in or out of my account. The person I talked to doesn't know how much the fees are but could go a high as $45. Does anyone here have a Bank of America account and how much did they charge you to transfer money in or out? Thanks
No need to do a wire transfer. Just do the ACH transfer for free.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:11 am

Maybe I'm missing, but unless you link a Capital One Account, you need to first fund the account, then do the trade. The whole "trade and fund directly from a bank account" thing costs $6.95 unless the account is a Capital One Account.

Fortunately, I have a Cap One account, so just used that to buy a share of Sirius. The weird thing is, it makes you transfer way more than you need ($36 when the total cost is only like $11), but whatever, if it saves time, I'll do it.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by samdori
No need to do a wire transfer. Just do the ACH transfer for free.
Thanks for the quick response. I am not that sharp, can you tell me what ACH is? I was just going to link my checking account to the website and transfer the money that way. Thanks
Old May 16, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Reisen
Maybe I'm missing, but unless you link a Capital One Account, you need to first fund the account, then do the trade. The whole "trade and fund directly from a bank account" thing costs $6.95 unless the account is a Capital One Account.

Fortunately, I have a Cap One account, so just used that to buy a share of Sirius. The weird thing is, it makes you transfer way more than you need ($36 when the total cost is only like $11), but whatever, if it saves time, I'll do it.
I have a Cap One credit card account, can I do anything with that? Thanks
Old May 16, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tys90
Signed up for an automatic investment next Tuesday. I've only had experience with Scottrade before this and I must say, Sharebuilder made it pretty easy to signup and get the automatic investing setup.
I'm with Ameritrade and I thought the same thing. Plus, Sharebuilder's fees are much lower. There is a good chance I will use them in the future.
Old May 16, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PC Plat, WN A+
Originally Posted by Reisen

You don't do the one-time trade, you set up the automatic investment (you can even set it up to only invest one time). If you do that, it costs $4 (or $0 if you signed up for the free trial of the Advantage account).
Old May 16, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Not 100% positive, but I believe it is free on the BOA end, just like a transfer of funds from your bank account to your PayPal balance if I remember correctly. I would think of it as either a free ACH transfer out or debit card line item on your BOA statement

Pricing for sharebuilder's side:
(http://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebui...ice-rates.aspx)
Old May 16, 2013, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. I am not that sharp, can you tell me what ACH is? I was just going to link my checking account to the website and transfer the money that way. Thanks
It stands for Automatic Clearing House but refers to an electronic transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.