Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]1,400 United Miles for only 99 cents

[Expired]1,400 United Miles for only 99 cents

Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:06 pm

I've never been one to complain about blogs killing deals, but I do foresee this happening now that this has been posted to BoardingArea.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I'm just curious if this is going to be another Cartera cluster duck.
Originally Posted by Coolers
I've never been one to complain about blogs killing deals, but I do foresee this happening now that this has been posted to BoardingArea.
Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see a retroactive reneg on the deal and/or "clarification" once this becomes all of the bloggers' "amazing deal alert" of the day. At least one of the BA bloggers credited the OP of this thread, chances are most won't even do that.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Thanks for the post. Wife and I are in. I'm actually enjoying my subscription.

So much so, we might get a few more...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:37 pm

Must I actually reply to the NYT.com emails for the miles, or can I ignore them once the purchase is made?

Last edited by sam-i-am; Feb 17, 2013 at 3:44 pm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Do I have to actually have to reply to the NYT.com emails for the miles, or can I ignore them once the purchase is made?
I received an initial e-mail - asking that I click on the given link to confirm my e-mail address. I would think that any subsequent e-mails could be ignored (since your account would already have been set up and confirmed).
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Member

I found
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
I found
Oh wow, Thanks for the links and making the efforts to look up all of the major airlines.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by muji
I received an initial e-mail - asking that I click on the given link to confirm my e-mail address. I would think that any subsequent e-mails could be ignored (since your account would already have been set up and confirmed).
funny thing is that not all my accounts asked me to confirm my email (and i checked my spam box). the one account that didnt ask for email confirmation seems active enough on NYTimes portal. hmmmm.

still afraid of the clawbacks even if the miles do post early.... though I'm hopeful since the netflix promo never had clawbacks.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by pgary
I found
for the AA link, it'll first ask you for a zip code. enter a fake zipcode where NYTimes doesnt do home delivery. '86753' seemed to work, as does many others in extreme rural remote areas. then the portal will offer you the 99 cent digital promo.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: Lotz
Anyone know if there are controls by FF account number or emails (limit of one each?).

Somehow I'd assume each FF account # should be limited to one, but stranger things happen all the time.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
I cannot get the Delta or UA offer to load on 2 separate browsers !

Oh well maybe tomorrow
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
The bigger question is why bloggers did not post about this before. This is not a new deal. It's been around for some time. Do they really just lurk on FT and post whatever good deals they see? I think that is generally the case.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by windcloud5
Oh wow, Thanks for the links and making the efforts to look up all of the major airlines.
How can you sign up for the AA 1500 miles deal when you already signed up for the UA 1500 miles?

It says
Please note these terms & conditions:

New subscriptions will be eligible one time only. Not eligible on subscriptions cancelled prior to 120 days.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by LAX88
The bigger question is why bloggers did not post about this before. This is not a new deal. It's been around for some time. Do they really just lurk on FT and post whatever good deals they see? I think that is generally the case.
Take it to the official "Flyertalk disparages the bloggers" thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...lyer-blog.html
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:12 pm

No problem here.

Originally Posted by soarer
I cannot get the Delta or UA offer to load on 2 separate browsers !

Oh well maybe tomorrow

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.