Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]1,400 United Miles for only 99 cents

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jmdeng
WN clawed back my points, but after writing them, noting that I bought a subscription (albeit the 99 cent one) just like they required, I should not have lost those points. They eventually responded with 1300 pts in my favor.
Did you write to Southwest or the shopping mall?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Did you write to Southwest or the shopping mall?
Southwest and chose Rapid Rewards from the menu.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DCBob
Did you follow up with Cartera? I did and got the response below. After waiting nearly 3 months, they want me to wait another "several weeks." Being the pit bull that I am, I won't let go until I get my 1,400 miles. I kept every shred of documentation and did NOT cancel my subscription. But if you do cancel within 120 days, they say they will claw those miles back.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware that some transactions are not appearing on your Mileage Plus Shopping account or were previously in a "Pending" status but now shows "Rejected" or "Denied". We are working with United to correct this error as soon as possible. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. These transactions should post back to your account in the next several weeks. We will keep an eye on your account and circle back with you once we see the orders posted correctly.

Thank you for your patience and your continued patronage!

Note: Please know that you if cancel your subscription before the 120 day period is over, the rewards will be removed from your account.

Sincerely,
XXXXX

MileagePlus Shopping Customer Care

By the way, I hadn't even thought to check my MileagePlus Shopping account, but here is what I found when I logged in:

Transactions posted as of 05/19/2013 07:47 AM EST
Transaction Period:
Online Transaction
Store Transaction Date Post Date Eligible Amount* Miles Earned Status
New York Times Digital Subscriptions
ORDER # 767XXXX 02/20/2013 02/21/2013 $0.99 1,400 Denied

*Eligible Amount: Some merchants do not offer rewards for certain products and services such as gift certificates. Also, taxes and shipping fees are not elligible for rewards. You can get specific details on the information page for each merchant by searching for the merchant name.

Interesting that it shows the transaction date as 2/20/2013, whereas the NY Times shows my subscription began on 2/19/2013.
UPDATE:

Just got this response yesterday from Cartera Customer Service stating that the matter has been resolved in my favor.

I am glad to inform you that after reviewing your account, our records indicate that your New York Times Digital Subscriptions issue has been resolved and the reward has posted to your MileagePlus Shopping account on 05/31/2013. You earned 1400 miles.

[TRANSACTION HISTORY DELETED]

To view your web statement, please log on to www.mileageplusshopping.com. Once you are logged in click on “My Shopping Account” in the upper right corner.

Please note there is no need to contact merchants directly for miles confirmation. Retailers are often unaware of mileageplusshopping.com. This is because MileagePlus Shopping is the organization that credits the miles, not the retailer. The retailer pays a commission to MileagePlus Shopping, and MileagePlus Shopping converts this payment to miles for you. A confirmation email is sent when your miles post to your account.

Miles earned through MileagePlus Shopping do not post instantly to your account. Miles typically post within three business days after your order ships. However, sometimes posting can take longer, so please allow up to 45 days for miles to post.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Miles have not yet posted to my MileagePlus account, only my MileagePlus Shopping account. When I see the 1,400 miles in my MP account, I will believe them. I also received a Customer Satisfaction survey afterwards, and I gave them an earful on the painful wait for a measly 1,400 miles. Still within the 120-day period and will not cancel until after that period is over or might extend it for 99 cents.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by meheeco
Could it have something to do with airline status? I am UA Gold and got to keep my miles, while my wife is only UA Silver and had hers clawed back. Both accounts took the offer pretty much the same second.
Could be true...Mine are still there - as a 1K
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DCBob
UPDATE:

Just got this response yesterday from Cartera Customer Service stating that the matter has been resolved in my favor.

I am glad to inform you that after reviewing your account, our records indicate that your New York Times Digital Subscriptions issue has been resolved and the reward has posted to your MileagePlus Shopping account on 05/31/2013. You earned 1400 miles.

[TRANSACTION HISTORY DELETED]

To view your web statement, please log on to www.mileageplusshopping.com. Once you are logged in click on “My Shopping Account” in the upper right corner.

Please note there is no need to contact merchants directly for miles confirmation. Retailers are often unaware of mileageplusshopping.com. This is because MileagePlus Shopping is the organization that credits the miles, not the retailer. The retailer pays a commission to MileagePlus Shopping, and MileagePlus Shopping converts this payment to miles for you. A confirmation email is sent when your miles post to your account.

Miles earned through MileagePlus Shopping do not post instantly to your account. Miles typically post within three business days after your order ships. However, sometimes posting can take longer, so please allow up to 45 days for miles to post.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Miles have not yet posted to my MileagePlus account, only my MileagePlus Shopping account. When I see the 1,400 miles in my MP account, I will believe them. I also received a Customer Satisfaction survey afterwards, and I gave them an earful on the painful wait for a measly 1,400 miles. Still within the 120-day period and will not cancel until after that period is over or might extend it for 99 cents.
Finally, I can report that the 1,400 miles have posted to my MP account with an activity date of 2/20/13.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My United miles were taken away about a week ago (no status). I wrote Cartera today in an effort to try to get them back. My AA Miles are still safe (Platinum).
Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by Frederik123
Could be true...Mine are still there - as a 1K
Not sure, I'm a Silver and got to keep the miles as the clawback was denied by United.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jmdeng
Southwest and chose Rapid Rewards from the menu.
I had the same experience with WN (1300 points awarded, then removed after i cancelled the subscription just prior to renewal date).

I just sent them an email via Rapid Rewards Contact Us to ask for them to be re-instated. Will update once I hear back from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.