Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by yoonny
This thread should have all the info you are looking for:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...polynesia.html
^ Thanks for the link.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice job updating !

there is also st regis for starwood (although w maldives over xmas/nye is better award value)
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Dad to GO's question has been appended to the thread helpfully linked by yoonny ^ .
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033
A couple notes concerning HA.

1. HA is not part of any alliance.
2. The cheapest way to fly HA to PPT is using KE miles (30k RT HNL-PPT)
Just looked again and I see that KE seems to have doubled the cost of the HNL-PPT coach awards to 60k RT.

KE miles are still very useful in that you can redeem 90k for RT business class on AF (60k for coach) for LAX-PPT
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:00 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Just looked again and I see that KE seems to have doubled the cost of the HNL-PPT coach awards to 60k RT.

KE miles are still very useful in that you can redeem 90k for RT business class on AF (60k for coach) for LAX-PPT
Where can I search and check the Korean Air availability for a round trip LAX-PPT?

Last edited by Dad to GO; Mar 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Where can I search and check the Korean Air availability for a round trip LAX-PPT?
DL.com shows AF awards available to partners.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:07 am
Used to be garyjr316

DL.com shows AF awards available to partners.
Thanks for the response. It is tough to find availability that is for sure.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
AA Stopover Possible on Tahiti Award

I've been trying to find a post or thread that talks about whether it's possible to add a "stopover" using AA miles flying Air Tahiti Nui on their standard LAX-PPT flight.

Here are some more details:

I am ex-LAS but I could only find LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX on Air Tahiti Nui using AA miles (none of the AA flights from LAS-LAX or LAX-LAS have award space). Hence, I'm planning on booking a positioning flight from LAS-LAX with cash.

Since my AA award itinerary is LAX-PPT-LAX I thought I would try to add on a "stopover" at LAX and then book a one-way ticket from LAX to somewhere. So LAX-PPT-LAX("stopover")-XXX

Where XXX could be JFK, HNL, SEA, IAD, etc. and booked months later.

But since I'm flying Air Tahiti I'm confused whether I can even add a "stopover" on this flight since I don't think Air Tahiti has any published award fares to US cities other than LA. Is this correct?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n8onUA
I've been trying to find a post or thread that talks about whether it's possible to add a "stopover" using AA miles flying Air Tahiti Nui on their standard LAX-PPT flight.

I am ex-LAS but I could only find LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX on Air Tahiti Nui using AA miles (none of the AA flights from LAS-LAX or LAX-LAS have award space). Hence, I'm planning on booking a positioning flight from LAS-LAX with cash.

Since my AA award itinerary is LAX-PPT-LAX I thought I would try to add on a "stopover" at LAX and then book a one-way ticket from LAX to somewhere. So LAX-PPT-LAX("stopover")-XXX

But since I'm flying Air Tahiti I'm confused whether I can even add a "stopover" on this flight since I don't think Air Tahiti has any published award fares to US cities other than LA. Is this correct?
I'm not sure if this is really analogous, but I've done CDG-LAX-stopover-LAX-HNL. The first part was Air Tahiti Nui and the second, AA. But I'm assuming AA has a published fare CDG-LAX, so that may be why it worked.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:55 am
Used to be garyjr316

I was just about to ask this same question. If I have direct LAX-PPT-LAX on Air Tahiti Nui can we add a one way leg on each end?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Dad to GO

I was just about to ask this same question. If I have direct LAX-PPT-LAX on Air Tahiti Nui can we add a one way leg on each end?
You can, if and only if TN publishes a PPT-XXX through-fare that permits routing via LAX, where XXX is another North American city.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You can, if and only if TN publishes a PPT-XXX through-fare that permits routing via LAX, where XXX is another North American city.
This statement is actually very useful so thanks!! In ExpertFlyer I was searching for LAX-JFK for Air Tahiti Nui and finding nothing. By searching PPT-JFK I saw that indeed there is a valid fare and it does connect through LAX.

I believe that almost all flights from PPT to the US go through LAX so that means most likely that you could add one a stop from LAX to any of the cities on Air Tahiti Nui's route map: http://www.airtahitinui.com/route-map/.

Unfortunately, any free "outbound" one ways need to happen BEFORE my LAX-PPT-LAX trip and I don't really have any need to be in LAX before my PPT trip. But I can definitely use the way home.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
This statement is actually very useful so thanks!! In ExpertFlyer I was searching for LAX-JFK for Air Tahiti Nui and finding nothing. By searching PPT-JFK I saw that indeed there is a valid fare and it does connect through LAX.

I believe that almost all flights from PPT to the US go through LAX so that means most likely that you could add one a stop from LAX to any of the cities on Air Tahiti Nui's route map: http://www.airtahitinui.com/route-map/.

Unfortunately, any free "outbound" one ways need to happen BEFORE my LAX-PPT-LAX trip and I don't really have any need to be in LAX before my PPT trip. But I can definitely use the way home.

Thanks everyone for the help!
so I booked LAX-PPT-LAX for Dec ... about a week ago ... is it too late to add a stopover + flight?

I assume if so, I could do it with a change fee or something, correct? so I might be able to get away with a LAX - HNL connection for sometime in the future and worry about how to get back home later?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
so I booked LAX-PPT-LAX for Dec ... about a week ago ... is it too late to add a stopover + flight?

I assume if so, I could do it with a change fee or something, correct? so I might be able to get away with a LAX - HNL connection for sometime in the future and worry about how to get back home later?
It's probably not "too late" but it may cost $150 or more for changing your final destination. I'm not familiar with this though so hopefully others can chime in.

As for LAX-HNL...I could be mistaken (and if I am, someone please please please jump in), but I do see a valid fare from PPT to HNL via LAX on ExpertFlyer:

/VIA THE PACIFIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN US ONLY
1. PPT-LAX-AA-HNL
2. PPT-LAX-DL-HNL

So I believe, yes you might be able to.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 pm

Anybody added LAX-HNL/OGG/LIH leg after LAX-PPT-LAX

So I'm trying to get a feel for whether anyone has EVER added a LAX-HNL leg onto an AA award ticket after a LAX-PPT-LAX itinerary.

I looked into MPM and it looks like LAX-HNL > 25% MPM of LAX-PPT-LAX but perhaps I'm doing MPM wrong.

I'd like to know if someone has actually done this before I spend time planning for it...

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.