Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 free Hilton points on Facebook [two offers?]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
500 free Hilton points on Facebook [two offers?]

Did not work for me or husband. Probably because we have liked Hilton before on our FB pages!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sargenet
Did not work for me or husband. Probably because we have liked Hilton before on our FB pages!
If this was indeed the cause, to prevent it in the future, unlike/unsubscribe after points post for similar promotions. They won't be retracted.

Do you say this one didn't work for you because you received a message saying you don't qualify, or because you don't see the points listed in your account activity. For anyone who may have missed it, points appear to post instantly - your account balance will jump by 500 points - but will not show itemized in your account activity.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Or it might be because I just realized topguest had suspended both our accounts! I did not receive an email to tell me this but when I went to log in it said I was suspended!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I have liked Hilton before.
Today I received 500 points instantly from the doubletree/topguest promo. I am not a topguest member.
I received nothing (yet?) from the Hampton promo.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I am a TG member and just did it for my wife and I. Both posted instantly
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by AAL
I am a TopGuest member.

Like another poster mentioned, the points posted to my HHonors account instantly, because my total points increased by 500, but the transaction is not listed under "all points activity" on my account.

I don't believe that the points from the Hampton "watch, share and earn" promo have posted to my account although I watched the video several days ago. On the other hand, perhaps I just did not notice that my account balance increased.
The hampton points also did not post for me. So you are not alone.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by windcloud5
The hampton points also did not post for me. So you are not alone.
Same here. Nothing from Hampton. Not a topquest member.

From Doubletree nothing instant, but here is the message:

"Stay tuned. You’ll soon receive unique packages and services as well as other social ways to earn bonus points!

500 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points will be credited to your account in 6-8 weeks."

Last edited by mnscout; Oct 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm Reason: Addition
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Or it might be because I just realized topguest had suspended both our accounts! I did not receive an email to tell me this but when I went to log in it said I was suspended!
Same here. Just tried to log into my TG account, only to find out I'd been suspended. No prior email warning.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Be sure to distinguish between the two promos. The one in the OP (Hampton) has been around for a while and you might have read about/tried it before. The Doubletree one I noted in post #3 appears to be new and behaves differently.

Both promos require app authentication, so you should have received at least a pop-up dialogue. If you didn't, it could be that your browser blocked it, and therefore you never saw the authentication request.

Anyone who gets a rejection message should check their TopGuest account (if you might have one) to see if it is still active.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Be sure to distinguish between the two promos. The one in the OP (Hampton) has been around for a while and you might have read about/tried it before. The Doubletree one I noted in post #3 appears to be new and behaves differently.

Both promos require app authentication, so you should have received at least a pop-up dialogue. If you didn't, it could be that your browser blocked it, and therefore you never saw the authentication request.

Anyone who gets a rejection message should check their TopGuest account (if you might have one) to see if it is still active.
data point - the similar HH promo (watching the video) that I entered on 9/17 didn't post the 500 to my account until 10/3. this was a diff video so I tried it again - will see if I can "churn" this promo

tried the topguest one and it was accepted but the points didn't post instantly, will wait and see on that.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:35 am

Another data point, same as poster above. My Hampton points posted yesterday (10/3).

These points did not post instantly... unless it increased my balance by 500 & I didn't notice (didn't look at prior balance). Nothing shows in activity though.

Thanks for the link!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by emeraldtx
Another data point, same as poster above. My Hampton points posted yesterday (10/3).

These points did not post instantly... unless it increased my balance by 500 & I didn't notice (didn't look at prior balance). Nothing shows in activity though.

Thanks for the link!
Ditto
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:15 am

No longer a Topguest member and got the error message saying not eligible.

My Hampton points posted yesterday and I just watched another Hampton video. Hopefully those will post as well.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
500 points? If I could do this promo 100 times, it would get me a free night at my favorite Doubletree. Sorry, I don't mean to be sarcastic but that hardly seems worth the effort.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:31 am

Same. Not a topquest member.

-WT

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
Just tried it and for some reason, it's giving me this error message:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.