Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Suspended?] 20% Bonus on Purchasing/Gifting Icelandair Saga Club Points/Miles

Old Aug 16, 12, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold

Saw several mentions around the interweb today discussing buying Icelandair Saga Club points, but unless I missed it didn't see it posted here. They are currently including a 20% bonus through September 28th. You can purchase 50k at a time (100k annually.) Apparently these points can be redeemed on Alaska Air where 30k Saga Club miles will earn you a first class RT ticket to any of their destinations in the US (Alaska and Hawaii included), Canada and Mexico. Coach is 20k. 30k Saga Club points costs ~ $329 (charged in Krona.)

Anyone ever redeem Saga Club points on Alaska Air before? I was thinking about purchasing 50k...but the flights on Alaska Air from NY are quite limited. Seems like the only non-stop service is to Seattle, although it's probably still worth it for connecting travel to Alaska or Hawaii.

Last edited by broadwayblue; Aug 16, 12 at 11:42 pm
Old Aug 17, 12, 1:10 am

no takers.. i would like to know how easy redeem these points on alaska...first class. thanks
Old Aug 17, 12, 9:36 am

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Saw several mentions around the interweb today discussing buying Icelandair Saga Club points, but unless I missed it didn't see it posted here. They are currently including a 20% bonus through September 28th. You can purchase 50k at a time (100k annually.) Apparently these points can be redeemed on Alaska Air where 30k Saga Club miles will earn you a first class RT ticket to any of their destinations in the US (Alaska and Hawaii included), Canada and Mexico. Coach is 20k. 30k Saga Club points costs ~ $329 (charged in Krona.)

Anyone ever redeem Saga Club points on Alaska Air before? I was thinking about purchasing 50k...but the flights on Alaska Air from NY are quite limited. Seems like the only non-stop service is to Seattle, although it's probably still worth it for connecting travel to Alaska or Hawaii.
I don't get it, where is the discussion on Icelandair on flyertalk? Blogger Jared trumped everyone? or is this discussion somewhere else?
Old Aug 17, 12, 9:49 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2 View Post
I don't get it, where is the discussion on Icelandair on flyertalk?
Here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-programs-469/
Old Aug 17, 12, 2:42 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Step by step how to posted on million mile secrets. What is left to discuss?

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0......-to-hawaii/

Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

Old Aug 17, 12, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peachfront View Post
Well for starters I didn't see it posted here so perhaps there were/are people who didn't know about this promotion, or the ability to convert to Alaska.
Old Aug 17, 12, 5:57 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by peachfront View Post

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0......-to-hawaii/
Not everyone reads MMS
Old Aug 17, 12, 6:02 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
No idea what "everyone" is reading but if you're looking for explicit step by step discussion as requested in the original post in this thread, why would you not be stopping first at sites where step by step discussion is posted? I don't care about his life story or how to launder money orders at Walmart but if I want to know what deals are being described step by step it's cutting my nose off to spite my face not to read what he has to say. If I wanted to first class to Hawaii, I'd be on this deal the minute it was tweeted...he answers the questions the poster asked in painful detail. Why retype it all here?
Old Aug 20, 12, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
I redeemed Saga points with iceland Air for a first class Alaska Airlines Ticket today. It was a little bit of a hassle on the phone as the flights I wanted did not have availability so I have to stay in Hawaii for two extra days, BUT ... it is Hawaii and the price is great for first class!!! It is a definite deal.
Old Aug 20, 12, 8:17 pm

it seems that you can not book any connecting flight to HI.
I got 2 SAN-HNL booked but no cookie on anything else that connects regardless of the overnight.

Going to have to reposition a tad, but will still be a deal for my inlaws that never flew first class and def cheaper than shelling out 1300 each.
Old Aug 20, 12, 8:26 pm

Is anyone else having problems actually getting a Saga account? I applied Saturday and still have yet to be approved/admitted.
Old Aug 20, 12, 8:29 pm

I applied Sat too, and still no email. I tried again today, but it says user already exists, yet it won't let me log in.
Old Aug 21, 12, 12:46 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longleaf View Post
I applied Sat too, and still no email. I tried again today, but it says user already exists, yet it won't let me log in.
As I reca from singing up a few years ago, it took forever to get a confirmation.
Old Aug 21, 12, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
Is anyone else having problems actually getting a Saga account? I applied Saturday and still have yet to be approved/admitted.
Same here
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ejh25 View Post
As I reca from singing up a few years ago, it took forever to get a confirmation.
I did the email app on the 17th, confirmation of Saga membership was received on the 20th.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: