Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Suspended?] 20% Bonus on Purchasing/Gifting Icelandair Saga Club Points/Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
From what I read on the blogs, IS had a block for 10 days before buying on new accts. I also read they lifted this general block later.

Whats peoples recent status, if any?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Has anyone heard anything back about refunds on taxes? It's been over two weeks since an IcelandAir rep told me their legal dept was looking into it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Just saw on my credit card statement that $150 of the $250 I was charged for taxes was refunded, so it looks like it took a few weeks, but they are making the refunds on taxes.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:50 pm

Yeah, I just got $50 of $136 back for a LAX-ANC ticket. Even with the refund, though, the taxes seem excessive. Oh, well.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Headed out to Puerto Vallarta tomorrow morning on this steal of a deal! Got my wife, myself, and lap infant in first class, and no 10% fare for the lap infant to Mexico. It was definitely time consuming to keep calling to get, and I did have to follow up days later to get it ticketed.

But in the end it all confirmed through and I just checked in for the flight with no issue. Boarding passes printed, and also printed a receipt showing the Iceland Air transaction of miles and fees. So now the wife gets a surprise Valentines Day trip to Mexico (I held out and surprised here a few days ago) in first class to boot!

Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.