Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:34 pm

For those who already applied and if you live in CA, could you tell me whether it is Experian or Equifax credit card pull?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by need2ski
I know the T&C note that you are not eligible for the welcome bonus if you have had the card in the past 12 months, but I was wondering if you are eligible to collect the spend bonus of 20K after spending $5K. It might be worth it to me to open another card if this is the case. Can anyone confirm through experience?
I do NOT remember where I read it - maybe the last SPG Amex thread we had? - but someone said it was quite possible to do exactly what you asked.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
For those who already applied and if you live in CA, could you tell me whether it is Experian or Equifax credit card pull?

Thanks in advance
Amex pulls experian exclusively. I've heard they pull transunion on isolated cases, but that's usually in addition to the experian pull.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Amex pulls experian exclusively. I've heard they pull transunion on isolated cases, but that's usually in addition to the experian pull.
This depends on the your state/area and the products, you can check credit pull database(google it).
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Data Point if you applied for a 25K card and want to be bumped to 30K

Both my wife and I jumped on the 25K offer and were both approved last week. Since the 30K offer popped up, we both sent Secure Messages to Amex asking to be bumped to the 30K offer and were denied. We then called Customer Service and were offered to receive an additional 2,500 SPG points instead of the additional 5,000 points and we both took the offer. So don't waste your time e-mailing. Call right away if you are facing a similar situation to us!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by superking
This depends on the your state/area and the products, you can check credit pull database(google it).
No it does not, have you googled it? 99.9% of the time they pull Experian with an additional pull on transunion if the applicant is borderline. This has been discussed many times before.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Having Refer a Friend Trouble?

I just found out the secret.
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Find the link IN THE OFFERS SECTION. If you don't see it scroll through the offers. If you still don't see it, REFRESH THE PAGE AND TRY AGAIN.

It won't work by just doing a search within the site.

I have the Business card. AMEX called me back after 2 days to help me solve the "you are not eligible" problem.^^^
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Several dozen
Thats good news as I jumped on the card at 25k for getting Delta miles after Sun Trust started shutting down accounts.

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Both my wife and I jumped on the 25K offer and were both approved last week. Since the 30K offer popped up, we both sent Secure Messages to Amex asking to be bumped to the 30K offer and were denied. We then called Customer Service and were offered to receive an additional 2,500 SPG points instead of the additional 5,000 points and we both took the offer. So don't waste your time e-mailing. Call right away if you are facing a similar situation to us!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:29 am

Just got near-instant approval for the personal card through gf's referral link. Initial submittal said pending further review, but checking the application status page not one minute later showed it's been approved. I wonder why they needed the additional minute?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Just got near-instant approval for the personal card through gf's referral link. Initial submittal said pending further review, but checking the application status page not one minute later showed it's been approved. I wonder why they needed the additional minute?
Same thing happened to me.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
My Last card was canceled 8/31/11. Does anyone think that a 9/2/12 application will reap the 30,000 points?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:07 pm

I struck out too with trying to bump the bonus. I got the card 3 months ago.

I'm giving some thought to cancelling the card and seeing if I get any kind of offer. I really only got it for the bonus, and the bonus has posted. The 5 nights toward status is reasonably important to me, but the games that SPG has been playing with suite upgrades for plats lately is making me rethink whether I even care.

If mods or others think discussion of trying to bump the bonus by threatening to cancel is more of a retention thread issue, I understand. I see it more as a strategy for bumping, so imagined it would be ok here. In any event, that issue aside, if anyone tries to cancel for not getting bumped to this better offer, please post your experience.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
My Last card was canceled 8/31/11. Does anyone think that a 9/2/12 application will reap the 30,000 points?
According to the T&Cs, yes.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
No it does not, have you googled it? 99.9% of the time they pull Experian with an additional pull on transunion if the applicant is borderline. This has been discussed many times before.
http://creditboards.com/forums/index...pp=creditpulls

It;s probably 95% , not 99.5%
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
I struck out too with trying to bump the bonus. I got the card 3 months ago.

I'm giving some thought to cancelling the card and seeing if I get any kind of offer. I really only got it for the bonus, and the bonus has posted. The 5 nights toward status is reasonably important to me, but the games that SPG has been playing with suite upgrades for plats lately is making me rethink whether I even care.

If mods or others think discussion of trying to bump the bonus by threatening to cancel is more of a retention thread issue, I understand. I see it more as a strategy for bumping, so imagined it would be ok here. In any event, that issue aside, if anyone tries to cancel for not getting bumped to this better offer, please post your experience.

Keep calling. I got the card in June... I was denied upon first call (told they would "place a note on the account and call back after min-spend is met), denied upon SM to Amex ("no way"), and on third call I was placed on hold for ~10 minutes. Rep came back and said, "well I can't change your sign up offer, but since you've been with us a long time and are a good customer (since 1981), I can give you a good will bonus of 5000 starpoints, does that work?"

Why yes it does!! ^ Posted today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.