Safeway/Vons- buy $100 to $500 Visa Gift card, get $10 back in groceries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Safeway/Vons- buy $100 to $500 Visa Gift card, get $10 back in groceries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I should've done this, maybe I'll try it tonight after work.

But you just happened to have a print-out of the flyer in your hand when you asked for the coupon? How do I get a better print-out of the flyer? The picture of the one posted is too small and low-res. Same with this one on slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachm...8&d=1352266086
I looked through the circular at Vons and didn't see this. Did I just not look hard enough, or was it on last week's ad?
Same spot on the flyer. Under "Refrigerated and Frozen' on the second last page. Or you can always check it out on www.vons.com.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by liaozhongchao
Same spot on the flyer. Under "Refrigerated and Frozen' on the second last page. Or you can always check it out on www.vons.com.
Thanks. Was looking all over the ad online and didn't see it till you pointed out where to look.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StephenW
Thanks. Was looking all over the ad online and didn't see it till you pointed out where to look.
why am i not finding the frozen and refrigerated section on vons.com?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I should've done this, maybe I'll try it tonight after work.

But you just happened to have a print-out of the flyer in your hand when you asked for the coupon? How do I get a better print-out of the flyer? The picture of the one posted is too small and low-res. Same with this one on slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachm...8&d=1352266086
I looked through the circular at Vons and didn't see this. Did I just not look hard enough, or was it on last week's ad?
In general, I keep a flyer that advertises the deal in the trunk of my car in case of needing proof if something screws up. It rarely comes to that, heck last time they had advertisements in the checkout line, and previous to that they had an ad that appears on their cash register pointing it out.

Nonetheless, it's good to have the physical flyer just in case the ads aren't running in the store. Also, even though the promotion runs many weeks, they only advertise once. So, since it's a weekly flyer, definitely grab it.

At any rate, finding the flyer hasn't been that difficult in my experience. I've always found them in a basket near the entrance(s) of the store.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
why am i not finding the frozen and refrigerated section on vons.com?
http://weeklyspecials.vons.com/customer_Frame.jsp (Select store closest to you if necessary).

Weekly ad on left hand side, page 4, bottom right corner.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by StephenW
http://weeklyspecials.vons.com/customer_Frame.jsp (Select store closest to you if necessary).

Weekly ad on left hand side, page 4, bottom right corner.
Thanks. For some reason my local (SEA) ones seem not to carry the promotion on their weekly add. Weird.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:36 am
Suspended

FWIW my safeway does not have this promo going but they do have a v/mc promo where you get 4x fuel points for buying GC's (no limit).

If anyone could post a link to the "buy $100 get $10 back in groceries" promo that would be sweet and will bring it with me. Double dip?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:28 pm

FWIW my safeway does not have this promo going but they do have a v/mc promo where you get 4x fuel points for buying GC's (no limit).

If anyone could post a link to the "buy $100 get $10 back in groceries" promo that would be sweet and will bring it with me. Double dip?
Follow my instruction above. Use zip code 90210.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

You might want to check on that, there are exceptions in many states for awarding fuel points at all on Visa/MC GS's. California seems to be one of them because I have never gotten any fuel points for my Visa/MC GC purchases, let alone 4X.

As far as the ad goes. Just go online to weekly specials for your (or any store), and turn to page 4

i.e:

http://weeklyspecials.vons.com/custo...rpStoreID=2152

Or, go to your store, and pick up the copy of this weeks flyer located at any entrance. The ad will be in it, near the back (but not page 4 on the physical flyer). I think the second to last page or something.

Regardless, if you want your own copy, you better do it soon, they will be updating the flyer's this evening, and they're pretty prompt at doing so. Quite sure it won't be in there after.

One other thing, they actually have the little stick out ad for this at the gift card kiosk as well. So, overall kind of surprised you haven't been able to find this on your own yet.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thehawk75
You might want to check on that, there are exceptions in many states for awarding fuel points at all on Visa/MC GS's. California seems to be one of them because I have never gotten any fuel points for my Visa/MC GC purchases, let alone 4X.

As far as the ad goes. Just go online to weekly specials for your (or any store), and turn to page 4

i.e:

http://weeklyspecials.vons.com/custo...rpStoreID=2152

Or, go to your store, and pick up the copy of this weeks flyer located at any entrance. The ad will be in it, near the back (but not page 4 on the physical flyer). I think the second to last page or something.

Regardless, if you want your own copy, you better do it soon, they will be updating the flyer's this evening, and they're pretty prompt at doing so. Quite sure it won't be in there after.

One other thing, they actually have the little stick out ad for this at the gift card kiosk as well. So, overall kind of surprised you haven't been able to find this on your own yet.
Have not gone into the store yet, but the 4x fuel rewards for v/mc gc's is on the safeway's homepage and my store confirmed it starts tomorrow.

ETA: thx for the link you provided but none of these 4 pages have a $10 v/mc gc promo, at least not on my browser. Friggin weird.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Went to a safeway while I was in SEA for a mileage run. They had the promo (and the 4x gas one which is not applicable to prepaid mcs) but wouldn't let me use a CC to buy them.

Oh well.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Went to a safeway while I was in SEA for a mileage run. They had the promo (and the 4x gas one which is not applicable to prepaid mcs) but wouldn't let me use a CC to buy them.

Oh well.
Hopefully my safeway near IAD will let me use a CC. Will report back tomorrow afternoon with hopefully, good news.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

ETA: thx for the link you provided but none of these 4 pages have a $10 v/mc gc promo, at least not on my browser. Friggin weird.
Look where indicated (page 4, lower right corner):

Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Look where indicated (page 4, lower right corner):
LOL!!!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Big Deals. Small Font!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.