Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Currently I'm on Finnair Plus Platinum (OneWorld Emerald). As I have several SkyTeam flights scheduled for the next few months I was wondering if you have any recommendations for status matches so I could make use of the SkyTeam perks.
I am based in Amsterdam and KLM has already refused my request.
FEasy likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by zeer0
They seem to match to Silver if you have a CX flight in the past 12 months.
They do, but usually ask for much more that just a past flight, including detailed statements and future bookings on CX.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hahaha. I know right. They refused to match me though so maybe not everyone. But youre right
My application was just ignored by ANA. They didn't even bother to send an e-mail with rejection.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Currently I'm on Finnair Plus Platinum (OneWorld Emerald). As I have several SkyTeam flights scheduled for the next few months I was wondering if you have any recommendations for status matches so I could make use of the SkyTeam perks.
I am based in Amsterdam and KLM has already refused my request.

You can try Delta, they do a challenge with status upfront for 3 months. Or trade on CC for a Delta Silver or Gold status card valid for the rest of the year.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Lot of confirmed Finnair matching roughly 2 years ago after AirBerlin went bust, does anybody have more recent data points?

Going from *A Silver (LH-branded if that matters)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: TK *G
That's how it usually is if you match after July.
actually what happens if you match before July but complete the challenge after July, will it still be extended to 2021 i.e. is it based on date of completion or date of initial offer?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
You can try Delta, they do a challenge with status upfront for 3 months. Or trade on CC for a Delta Silver or Gold status card valid for the rest of the year.
declined
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold

declined
That's surprising to hear. DL is usually very generous in who they match, as long as it's not ST.
Did they specifically mention they don't match AY?
I was initially denied because they didn't like my digital card as proof. When I sent in my physical one I was approved. (matching from OZ)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:01 am

That's surprising to hear. DL is usually very generous in who they match, as long as it's not ST.
Did they specifically mention they don't match AY?
I was initially denied because they didn't like my digital card as proof. When I sent in my physical one I was approved. (matching from OZ)
Thank you for writing in requesting a status match with Delta Air Lines. While we appreciate your interest in our Medallion program, we do not match Finnair Airlines or any of our SkyMiles partners.

We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

Regards,

SkyMiles Service Center

Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you for writing in requesting a status match with Delta Air Lines. While we appreciate your interest in our Medallion program, we do not match Finnair Airlines or any of our SkyMiles partners.
We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

Regards,
SkyMiles Service Center
Huh, that's too bad. Not sure why AY isn't matched, it's a direct competitor of KLM which a DL flyer would use.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:48 pm

we do not match Finnair Airlines or any of our SkyMiles partners.
The wording suggests that the one who wrote that thinks that AY is a SkyMiles partner. Maybe that's why you weren't matched.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah I would just try again.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Aerolinas Argentinas: applied within time limit and no response for several MONTHS, when following up today received feedback that status match was only valid for Argentina residents, this was not mentioned anywhere.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Alex100i
Aerolinas Argentinas: applied within time limit and no response for several MONTHS, when following up today received feedback that status match was only valid for Argentina residents, this was not mentioned anywhere.
How did you manage to follow up? Their email address seems to be offline and through social media I dont get a response.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Alex100i
Stupid excuses like China Southern before. Another example of how Skyteam sucks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.