Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by traveller1979
I will be flying a bit with Turkish Airlines this year (work projects in Turkey). It would give good chance to get Miles & Smiles status (even up to Elite). I would like to match the status with some Oneworld and Skyteam airline, I also fly with Finnair (oneworld) and Aeroflot (Skyteam) but not enough to get reasonable level with them.

However, I have noticed that Finnair for example matches Lufthansa (also star alliance as Turkish), but not Turkish. Do you know if there are any airlines in these two alliances (oneworld and skyteam) which would match Miles&Smiles levels?

I could use Lufthansa program instead, but I should decide soon which one I start to collect. Otherwise Turkish program looks good to me, but I am worried about this matching opportunity in the future.. Thank you in advance!
Please elaborate where you see Finnair matching? They never match ANYTHING. They only offered an exceptional lousy Silver card offer when Topbonus went belly and even that was a suprising offer from them.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by FFlash
Please elaborate where you see Finnair matching? They never match ANYTHING. They only offered an exceptional lousy Silver card offer when Topbonus went belly and even that was a suprising offer from them.
Finnair still seems to be matching topbonus elites, and also M&M elites (up to silver, as you point out, with a gold challenge): https://www.finnair.com/de/gb/finnair-plus-tier-match

In the past they also matched Malev Duna Club elites when Malev went bankrupt, but otherwise they do not match AFAIK.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by clifford79
Finnair still seems to be matching topbonus elites, and also M&M elites (up to silver, as you point out, with a gold challenge): https://www.finnair.com/de/gb/finnair-plus-tier-match
Yeah, but what's the point? Finnair Silver to Gold is about as hard as BA Blue to Silver (where both AY Gold and BA Silver amount to OW Sapphire).
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: LH
Iberia finally matched me to Oro from SEN after 4 months of waiting.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by shady
Iberia finally matched me to Oro from SEN after 4 months of waiting.
How long is the card valid for? I am still waiting since Nov 2017
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
How long is the card valid for? I am still waiting since Nov 2017
Valid until april 2019. I did not get any notification from them. I have just randomly logged into my account and noticed its oro.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Hey, Everyone !
A question about Alaska Mileage Plan and status matches: I am MVP Gold 75k (earned, not matched). Well on my way to earning it again, but I'm wondering if, outside the major US carriers of UA, DL, and AA, there are any airlines that match MP. I'm now based in Bangkok and travel mostly to Europe and North America on BA, AY, AA, and CX, so I've been looking at joining those programs, but don't mind switching things up if it makes sense. BA has already said to me they won't match anyone, and I've read throughout here that AY is a no-go, too. I don't love AAdvantage's earning potential (though I recognize no one can really compare to AS on that!). Anyone have any luck with Qatar or Emirates, perhaps?
Old May 6, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ralph4878
Hey, Everyone !
A question about Alaska Mileage Plan and status matches: I am MVP Gold 75k (earned, not matched). Well on my way to earning it again, but I'm wondering if, outside the major US carriers of UA, DL, and AA, there are any airlines that match MP. I'm now based in Bangkok and travel mostly to Europe and North America on BA, AY, AA, and CX, so I've been looking at joining those programs, but don't mind switching things up if it makes sense. BA has already said to me they won't match anyone, and I've read throughout here that AY is a no-go, too. I don't love AAdvantage's earning potential (though I recognize no one can really compare to AS on that!). Anyone have any luck with Qatar or Emirates, perhaps?
If you're interested in a OW status match, LATAM has one but with one major caveat, you need to have flown with them at least once in the past 12 months. If you meet that requirement, I would go ahead and try that .

I've also heard reports that AY can match you to Silver if you have flown at least one roundtrip with them in the past 12 months. But i think this is less official and not as publicized as the LATAM match.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
If you're interested in a OW status match, LATAM has one but with one major caveat, you need to have flown with them at least once in the past 12 months. If you meet that requirement, I would go ahead and try that .

I've also heard reports that AY can match you to Silver if you have flown at least one roundtrip with them in the past 12 months. But i think this is less official and not as publicized as the LATAM match.
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2018, 3:27 pm

Can I use AA MM 35K miles to qualify towards Elite?

Hi all, I've tried to follow thread and can't find this answer. I will hit 1MM+ on my next AA flight and will receive 35K BM. Do those count towards elite? I have a bunch of 500 mile upgrades sitting in my account (B/C they never expire! But Elite status does!). Trying to determine if I'll need to do a challenge or if it's in the bag. Thanks much!
Old May 8, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MaryLovesTravel
Hi all, I've tried to follow thread and can't find this answer. I will hit 1MM+ on my next AA flight and will receive 35K BM. Do those count towards elite? I have a bunch of 500 mile upgrades sitting in my account (B/C they never expire! But Elite status does!). Trying to determine if I'll need to do a challenge or if it's in the bag. Thanks much!
Bonus miles do not count towards elite status. Welcome to FT.
MaryLovesTravel likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:19 pm

Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I'm going to be a Flying Blue Gold (Skyteam Elite Plus) in a few weeks time, and I am considering a long trip to India in Ethiopian next January, but hold no *A status. Does Ethiopian offer any sort of status match? StatusMatcher.com only shows one case, from LATAM Platinum, which got denied.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Marambio
I'm going to be a Flying Blue Gold (Skyteam Elite Plus) in a few weeks time, and I am considering a long trip to India in Ethiopian next January, but hold no *A status. Does Ethiopian offer any sort of status match? StatusMatcher.com only shows one case, from LATAM Platinum, which got denied.
I am not aware of any status match to Star Alliance, there may be some or not, but I just wanted to point out that you don't need to try to get a status match with Ethiopian just because you will fly them; status with any Star Alliance member will grant you benefits, so just try to get status with whichever Star Alliance is possible, not necessarily Ethiopian.
Marambio and zeer0 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by erik19283
I am not aware of any status match to Star Alliance, there may be some or not, but I just wanted to point out that you don't need to try to get a status match with Ethiopian just because you will fly them; status with any Star Alliance member will grant you benefits, so just try to get status with whichever Star Alliance is possible, not necessarily Ethiopian.
Yes, I looked at TK and UA but both are challenges and I don't see myself flying neither in the near future. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.