Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Turkish - follow this link https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en and fill in the form (see post #836 for more details).

I was so surprised to see on statusmatcher.com that 2 people got matched from Aegean Blue to Turkish Gold! It shows how lax Turkish are being about spewing out Gold cards as status matches! Maybe they will stop it soon...
You cant really trust everything listed on the site It is highly unlikely tk would match A3 blue to gold...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:43 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
You cant really trust everything listed on the site It is highly unlikely tk would match A3 blue to gold...
My wife and I both received status matches A3 to TK.

Opps... Just realized you mentioned BLUE to GOLD - sorry, we were both GOLD.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
do I have to show TK that I am going to fly TK SOON

turkish - follow this link https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en and fill in the form (see post #836 for more details).

I was so surprised to see on statusmatcher.com that 2 people got matched from aegean blue to turkish gold! It shows how lax turkish are being about spewing out gold cards as status matches! Maybe they will stop it soon...
just curious
thanks for the reply
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:57 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by alpenrock
just curious
thanks for the reply
Nope
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:01 am

I was so surprised to see on statusmatcher.com that 2 people got matched from Aegean Blue to Turkish Gold! It shows how lax Turkish are being about spewing out Gold cards as status matches! Maybe they will stop it soon...
Yeah, everything written on the internet it absolutely true.

Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:30 pm

For anyone trying to get status match with Turkish, follow this link https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en . For "feedback category" choose "Miles and smiles program" , for "feedback type" choose "request", for "feedback subject" choose "Other" then fill out the details. I tried other subjects but got no response after over 6 weeks each, then tried this, and got matched 3 weeks later. (Upload copies of card and recent flight activities.)
thank you! i followed these directions and was matched in 3 days.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
From which FFP you got matched?A3? UA?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahcjar103

From which FFP you got matched?A3? UA?
AA EXP
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Alex100i
I've requested today a Status Match with Air China, I've sent...bla..bla..Let's see what happen, someone of you have any experience with matching Air China?
They told me No today. They don't match anything
Question: could we list here all the airlines that are currently matching at least to Gold status? No challenge or paid challenge like some US carriers..
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Any ideas how to speed up the process to get TK making me Elite?

I have an upcoming star alliance flight in Mid January.

First request I sent 25 days ago
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Question: could we list here all the airlines that are currently matching at least to Gold status? No challenge or paid challenge like some US carriers..
Which email address did you send for the china airlines match?
I emailed Air china for match from Aegean Gold, they told me they would match me when i show them my first booking with them. I sent the same email to the following email addresses (the first ones cooperated the best):

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

By the way, its not easy to compile a list of airlines that do status matching to at least gold, because some airlines (and hotels) give matches to certain airlines only, for example Club carlson hotels only match to the following:

Hilton,Marriott,Hyatt,Starwood,Intercontinental,SA S- Eurobonus,Azimut,Accor,NH Hotels,Melia Hotels,Rotana,Jumeirah International.
And From my own experience, El Al Airlines wouldn't match Aegean gold but would match Turkish gold.
Alaska Airlines offer matches only to:
AeroMexico, Air Canada, American,Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin America.
Delta do not match to Aegean Gold or Turkish gold.
Gulfair Falcon flyer seem to match anyone.
Virgin Atlantic gave me silver, and fast track to gold(20 points instead of silver).
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Quote:

Which email address did you send for the china airlines match?
I emailed Air china for match from Aegean Gold, they told me they would match me when i show them my first booking with them. I sent the same email to the following email addresses (the first ones cooperated the best):

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

By the way, its not easy to compile a list of airlines that do status matching to at least gold, because some airlines (and hotels) give matches to certain airlines only, for example Club carlson hotels only match to the following:

Hilton,Marriott,Hyatt,Starwood,Intercontinental,SA S- Eurobonus,Azimut,Accor,NH Hotels,Melia Hotels,Rotana,Jumeirah International.
And From my own experience, El Al Airlines wouldn't match Aegean gold but would match Turkish gold.
Alaska Airlines offer matches only to:
AeroMexico, Air Canada, American,Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin America.
Delta do not match to Aegean Gold or Turkish gold.
Gulfair Falcon flyer seem to match anyone.
Virgin Atlantic gave me silver, and fast track to gold(20 points instead of silver).
Air China and China Airlines are two different companies from two different countries/territories.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by RustyC
I'm looking at trying to get AA to match my DL PM status, probably to AA Platinum.

I understand they like to do these 90-day challenges. I already have a SE Asia trip booked on them with the outbound in late Jan. and the return in mid- Feb. 2015 (AA to HKG, then CX). The fare gets 50% EQPs but would come close to the 10K (if that's what they want).

Question: When should I ask for the status match to get the 90 days that include both the outbound and return on this trip? Now, or wait?

Any other info about what to expect also welcome.
Did you get matched? I'm about to pull the plug and do US Airways Chairman's Preferred challenge (30,000 miles in 90 days) but I keep hearing Delta Diamonds say that American is matching -- not challenging! -- them with Executive Platinum.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
No more news on any status matches?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
No more news on any status matches?
Probably I'm the unluckiest person but still not received an answer from Etihad, always this one

Etihad Guest No: 10xxxxxxx

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre.

We take this opportunity to inform you that all requests for tier match shall be taken by our local ticketing office where the guest is located. This is to ensure direct and quicker handling of the request as the medium between the guest and the station will be eliminated. The medium refers to Etihad Guest Service Center.

All considerations of this nature are managed by our local sales representatives who will sponsor your tier upgrade following an evaluation of your request. We therefore request you to kindly contact your nearest local Etihad office in order to explore the possibility of a Tier status match.

Please ensure that you keep on hand a copy of your valid membership card with the other frequent flyer programme along with a copy of the latest statement which clearly indicates your current Tier level and send your Etihad Guest number to our staff for reference.

Our Global offices can be found at the below link:

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...ages/help.aspx

Should you require any further assistance, please contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you on board!
I called the local sale that told me they don't manage this kind of request and I have to wait an answer by email.

I also tried to be matched on Gulf Air (based on statusmatcher just need to wait 5 business days). Until now I dodn't receive any answer.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.