Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
What's the best play with Etihad Gold expiring 03/2016?

I have no activity on EY (was a match from UA 1K a couple years back) but since I'm losing my AA Gold at the end of the year and will only have UA Silver (thanks to Marriott Plat), I figure it's about that time to see if I can parlay the Etihad Gold into something useful in *A or OW (have a trip to Europe planned next year with OW over the pond but *A intra-Europe so either or both would be beneficial).

I did find the physical cards today when cleaning up my room so if the match simply requires the status card I should be all set.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Duke787
What's the best play with Etihad Gold expiring 03/2016?

I have no activity on EY (was a match from UA 1K a couple years back) but since I'm losing my AA Gold at the end of the year and will only have UA Silver (thanks to Marriott Plat), I figure it's about that time to see if I can parlay the Etihad Gold into something useful in *A or OW (have a trip to Europe planned next year with OW over the pond but *A intra-Europe so either or both would be beneficial).

I did find the physical cards today when cleaning up my room so if the match simply requires the status card I should be all set.
You can try get Turkish, following these instructions. Send a copy of your Etihad gold card. They require proof of flight activity, so you can send them your flight activity with a AA or UA, and they might give it to you. Often people receive reply from Turkish that they only match *A Gold, OWE, and ST E+, but there have been reports of Etihad Gold getting matched.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Emailed TK for a status match to my BA GGL/CCR card (hoping for a match to Elite Plus but happy with anything I could get). They replied stating that my card expired 09/15 and therefore couldn't match me. I sent them a copy of my online BAEC card (having just renewed I haven't had my new physical card yet) and I am now TK Elite for two full years. ^
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
If you have a german etc address then yes. Tk will match exp with statement and then ab should match providing you have an address in DE on file...
Originally Posted by benberg2013
It needs to be a RJ paid flight. This is what they sent me when I requested a match:

This may be true, but AA requires payment to be enrolled in their challenges - I think $140 for the gold challenge, and $250 for the Platinum.
If I try to match to AB, is there some way I can get a temporary German address, or can I just put down a random address and then change it? Is there another oneworld program I can match to that will give me Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge access when I'm traveling on AA?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Does anybody know if it is possible to match Freccia Alata from Alitalia to Air Canada, United, or American Airlines? Seems like most reports I see are people matching to Alitalia and not the other way around.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
You can try get Turkish, following these instructions. Send a copy of your Etihad gold card. They require proof of flight activity, so you can send them your flight activity with a AA or UA, and they might give it to you. Often people receive reply from Turkish that they only match *A Gold, OWE, and ST E+, but there have been reports of Etihad Gold getting matched.
Awesome - I will it a shot (I've been crediting all over the place this year so I'll give AS a try for activity proof).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Does anybody know if it is possible to match Freccia Alata from Alitalia to Air Canada, United, or American Airlines? Seems like most reports I see are people matching to Alitalia and not the other way around.
Air Canada will ignore you for months and months and months and then finally offer a type of challenge where you get absolutely no benefits until such time that you meet or exceed their criteria. Considering how much AC has devalued their program over the years I wouldn't bother with them.

United will offer a challenge with the difference being you get immediate benefits of the status; however you're required to fly at least 12,500 miles within a 90 day period to retain the status for the balance of the year

American might offer a challenge, but you've got to pay a fee to begin the challenge and i'm sure all of the details are on the AAdvantage sub forum
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:00 am

What is the best strategy with expiring AB Gold 2/17 and AS mvpG75k 12/16. Alitalia then turkish? I saw that copa is matching, but I didn't see any reports of OWS to *A Gold, if that would work I would do that, but I don't want to get stuck with *A silver as that would be of 0 use to me.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:48 am

Hello
I am in need for advice from people who have experience in status matching.
Now i have the following status:
1. Jet airways platinum (highest tier and part of Etihad alliance) till sept 2016: got by flying the required segments and will hopefully qualify again in sept 2016.
2. Air india gold (*A gold) till may 2016: got through credit card and hopefully will qualify again in may 2016. However, i am crediting all *A flights to UA MP.
3. Etihad gold till march 2017: got through credit card and will not qualify again. Not crediting any flights to this.
4. Qantas gold till march 2016: through status match but not crefiting flights to qantas.

I am crediying my flights to jet airways, UA and a EK return business class DEL-DXB-JNB earlier this year to AS.

I believe jet, ai and etihad status are not good for sttus match to any program that could be used for future status matches. Hence want to match my QF gold to something that can be used for future matches in any allince, specially OW or ST.

Any suggestions / advise please?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
For those who have got a match with TK using Aegean Gold, did Turkish ask you for the statement from Aegean showing the transactions for the last two months? If yes, how did you get the statement. I sent the one that I printed from my Aegean online account, but it was rejected by Turkish because the statement did not have my name and Aegean account number on it by default? Thus, how do I get a statement from Aegean with my name, account number and transactions? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:06 am

Just got matched from Delta Gold Medallion to Copa's ConnectMiles Gold. Sent in to accounts [at] connectmiles.com just under two hours ago! Have been waiting ages for TK's match, thought I'd try Copa today. Very impressed with the speed!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by vikasr
Hello
I am in need for advice from people who have experience in status matching.
Now i have the following status:
1. Jet airways platinum (highest tier and part of Etihad alliance) till sept 2016: got by flying the required segments and will hopefully qualify again in sept 2016.
2. Air india gold (*A gold) till may 2016: got through credit card and hopefully will qualify again in may 2016. However, i am crediting all *A flights to UA MP.
3. Etihad gold till march 2017: got through credit card and will not qualify again. Not crediting any flights to this.
4. Qantas gold till march 2016: through status match but not crefiting flights to qantas.

I am crediying my flights to jet airways, UA and a EK return business class DEL-DXB-JNB earlier this year to AS.

I believe jet, ai and etihad status are not good for sttus match to any program that could be used for future status matches. Hence want to match my QF gold to something that can be used for future matches in any allince, specially OW or ST.

Any suggestions / advise please?
AI *A GOLD is good enough for status match to TK (*A) and AZ(ST). Your 9W status will give you benefits on AZ and AB among other airlines, keeping both 9W and EY status is redundant.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by In Yukon
Just got matched from Delta Gold Medallion to Copa's ConnectMiles Gold. Sent in to accounts [at] connectmiles.com just under two hours ago! Have been waiting ages for TK's match, thought I'd try Copa today. Very impressed with the speed!
Excellent, good for you. Please tell me your secret, I’ve sent my info and card images to the same email address twice and have not received any response. Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Excellent, good for you. Please tell me your secret, I’ve sent my info and card images to the same email address twice and have not received any response. Thanks.
You are 1K. you do not need to send in anything, just call them. they can check United's system to see your status and match you.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
Just hit A-list preferred on Southwest along with companion pass . What's the best to cash in on this status ? I know Alaska matches the SW status which I will try after Oct 1st .

Any other airlines which will match the status other than Alaska ?

Any pointers is much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.