Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by volta
Looking for status match LH Sen (*G) to AAdvantage. Could I expect to get matched to Platinum? Is there a program?

TIA
No,only the AA challenges.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Do you also get challenges from LH Sen? I thought it was only with the American carriers?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Does anyone know if UA will match Alaska MVP's for their Status Match Challenge?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mgo72
Do you also get challenges from LH Sen? I thought it was only with the American carriers?
You can get a challenge on AA regardless of your status on other carriers.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
To answer my own question, UA refused to match my AS MVP status because I had a CO match in 2009. I'm moving away from SEA because of work, so will not need to fly AS anymore. Seems like a stupid move on UA's part because now I'll just give business to DL and AA and use my AS MVP status.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Etihad Gold Status Match

I saw on a blog that Etihad is status matching to Gold for everyone (not just for the first 500 people as in previous offers) until Feb 22. Details can be found here: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...gold-card.aspx

Edited: The offer has been changed to only those who have a UAE address.

Last edited by Richard1148; Feb 10, 2014 at 11:47 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS GOLD MVP 75k, DL SILVER, PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM
BA --> United

I called United to match my BA Gold(one world alliance emerald) status to United, but they would only give me United Gold. Shouldn't it be United Platinum?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by travelbunny123
I called United to match my BA Gold(one world alliance emerald) status to United, but they would only give me United Gold. Shouldn't it be United Platinum?
It is what UA decide it is.

You can try again, maybe different agent offers more. Wouldn't be unusual for any call centre.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
To answer my own question, UA refused to match my AS MVP status because I had a CO match in 2009. I'm moving away from SEA because of work, so will not need to fly AS anymore. Seems like a stupid move on UA's part because now I'll just give business to DL and AA and use my AS MVP status.
Just open a new account.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Just open a new account.
I always wonder how strict UA is on one account per person. Anybody has insights?

In my experience, AA has been pretty tame on this especially when the 2nd AA account was opened by Citibank. Merging accounts is handled easily as well.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gld, Marriott Gld
I wrote several emails to try to convince them to match me to Platinum from AA Platinum. They were brief in their responses and insisted they could go no further than gold.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jrap33
I wrote several emails to try to convince them to match me to Platinum from AA Platinum. They were brief in their responses and insisted they could go no further than gold.
Well, those are both 50,000 flown mile levels - UA Gold and AA Plat.

What were you arguing?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
Greetings all,

hoping one of you might have some valuable input. Am about to go Platinum on AirBerlin this month with 100k flown. My travel is mostly in Germany, less so Europe, and occasionally further afield. I would like to get a Status Match to a Star Alliance carrier for lounge access.
From what I've read, LH is stingy with this - are there other SA carriers which may be more forthcoming?

thanks in advance,
William
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Hello William,

You should easily get a status match with Turkish Airlines. They match to ELITE level anyone holding gold status with one of the airline of the 3 big alliances.

Originally Posted by William13
Greetings all,

hoping one of you might have some valuable input. Am about to go Platinum on AirBerlin this month with 100k flown. My travel is mostly in Germany, less so Europe, and occasionally further afield. I would like to get a Status Match to a Star Alliance carrier for lounge access.
From what I've read, LH is stingy with this - are there other SA carriers which may be more forthcoming?

thanks in advance,
William
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Hello William,

You should easily get a status match with Turkish Airlines. They match to ELITE level anyone holding gold status with one of the airline of the 3 big alliances.
okay, thanks. I will give it a try, though i noticed at StatusMatcher that they had been denying AB Gold matches. Perhaps Platinum will have better results.

cheers,
William

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.