Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Sorry if this is a dumb or already answered question but, if I complete a challenge with DL, will I loose my AA status?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:50 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lakers6902
Sorry if this is a dumb or already answered question but, if I complete a challenge with DL, will I loose my AA status?
Of course not, they are competitors. I'm sure DL would love for you to lose your status so you would fly with them, but your AA status is valid until current expiration date (unless you requalify).

EmailKid
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
ahhh ok sweet, thanks. Dont get me wrong, I love AA but now that I live in the DC area, DL seems like a better option. Lately AA flights have been 40%+ than DL.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, EK Gold, EY Gold, UA 1er Plat, TK elite, CX silver,A/club plat, Hhonnors gold,BW diamond
i know united make a match status... for end 2012...
but turkish make a match status for 2 years (star alliance gold)

there is there a company that one match status in oneworld in this moment? may by s7 or air berlin?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jcoinctravel
AA just matched my UA 1k but they have been stingy
EXP status only valid through the end of 2012 and no systemwide upgrades they said I need to fly 50k miles by the end of 2011 to keep the status through fen 2014
Ridiculous
That is crap... Want to get in on an AA EXP match with 130k United EQMs so far this year... That deal is worthless though.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by radagastmod
That is crap... Want to get in on an AA EXP match with 130k United EQMs so far this year... That deal is worthless though.
You don't like the deal, stay with UA.
Why should AA match UA any more anyway?
They've already poached thousands of UA 1Ks, while UA management sat around and let them.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by radagastmod
AA's been offering this match for months. Why did you look into it only now?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jcoinctravel
AA just matched my UA 1k but they have been stingy
EXP status only valid through the end of 2012 and no systemwide upgrades they said I need to fly 50k miles by the end of 2011 to keep the status through fen 2014
Ridiculous
Better than UA. They wouldn't match AA EXP to 1K and no chance at SWUs. Why should AA be any diff?

if its not good enough for you, don't match/fly. UA gave me Premier Plat gratis but I'm not going to be using it since I'm not willing to try and re-qual without SWUs and INTL flights.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:44 pm

I have read through many pages going backwards in this thread (newest backwards) and here's my question / situation.

Currently fly SW (or WN as many say), lots of business travel (near weekly), throughout Texas (originating point), to California, Washington, Oregon (some), Florida, Arizona, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma.

Have the companion pass, and of course, top tier status (easily earned).

Becoming somewhat unhappy with increasing prices and delayed flights and cancellations.

So, am looking to possibly status match or challenge at beginning of next year, if this current situation continues.

Suggestions from those with similar situations? or anyone with airlines input throughout Texas.

Important would be, priority boarding, priority security, reward earnings, possible upgrades, etc.

I am hoping I have given the needed info.
& any input is much appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
I have read through many pages going backwards in this thread (newest backwards) and here's my question / situation.
& any input is much appreciated.

Well, AA has a big hub in DFW, and they offer a status challenge to anyone. I don't know if anyone gives status matches based on Southwest, since it's organized in a radically different manner.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bttc
Well, AA has a big hub in DFW, and they offer a status challenge to anyone. I don't know if anyone gives status matches based on Southwest, since it's organized in a radically different manner.

Very true. However, if they consider the travel pattern, a simple screen print should easily suffice for someone who fliers near weekly (and sometimes mulitple times per week).

I'm not sure I am interested in AA though. Still just trying to investigate. No decisions on switching yet for sure.

Thanks for your input. Hoping others will have some input as well.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
Very true. However, if they consider the travel pattern, a simple screen print should easily suffice for someone who fliers near weekly (and sometimes mulitple times per week).

I'm not sure I am interested in AA though. Still just trying to investigate. No decisions on switching yet for sure.

Thanks for your input. Hoping others will have some input as well.
I don't think you're ever truly an elite unless you're at the top status level AND on full fare, when you're flying out of an airline's home turf. Look at how many Diamonds complain about not getting upgrades out of ATL. I'd suggest you look into US. Easy, frequent and logical connections between Texas and your destinations.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by LiviLion
Do they still match? The link seems not to work any longer.
Any other skyteam status matches?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Matching Flying Blue Platinum to Equal Level at Any Other Carrier

Hi Y'all,

How do I keep my Platinum (75K qualification level) status going through 2013 and beyond by matching to a different FF program now?

I currently am Platinum with KL/AF Flying Blue until March 2013. I will not requalify (for any elite level). I'd like to keep top tier (or 75K threshold level) status on *any* *A/OW/ST carrier for at least the rest of 2013, if not longer.

I understand that TK is matching at the mid-tier level, and I'm looking at them. I have already used AS's mid-tier match and likely will not requalify with them.

But are there any top-ish tier straight up matches that could possibly work? Again, I'll go with *any* alliance-affiliated airline. Just want to keep the status/potential match opportunity going for the future, when I may fly more.

Any insight is appreciated. Safe travels!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Hi Y'all,

How do I keep my Platinum (75K qualification level) status going through 2013 and beyond by matching to a different FF program now?

I currently am Platinum with KL/AF Flying Blue until March 2013. I will not requalify (for any elite level). I'd like to keep top tier (or 75K threshold level) status on *any* *A/OW/ST carrier for at least the rest of 2013, if not longer.

I understand that TK is matching at the mid-tier level, and I'm looking at them. I have already used AS's mid-tier match and likely will not requalify with them.

But are there any top-ish tier straight up matches that could possibly work? Again, I'll go with *any* alliance-affiliated airline. Just want to keep the status/potential match opportunity going for the future, when I may fly more.

Any insight is appreciated. Safe travels!
TK don't seem to be matching Skyteam status, only OneWorld and *Alliance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.