Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:40 pm

Forgot about this until this weekend! Booked a radisson (chs) for $52 but country inn is $98.... With the brg, it hopefully goes down to (75% of $89). Booked both for thursday night. 44k+50k would be sweet!

Has anyone confirmed whether checkout is needed or not? I dont want to bother with x-town traffic!

For a newbee, are there any holes or suggestions on how i should have done this better today or for the future?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:09 pm

I didn't checkout, only stayed for 2 hours and left. points posted on time.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by Firewind
There are among us those who need to brag, in great detail. Bragging is fun. But not in such detail in FlyerTalk. It does not help the collective good, especially with a very young program. But it is done.
Club Carlson allows you to transfer points from one account to another for free with no cap. Every room I listed was registered for, per the terms of the promo, paid as outlined and occupied. CC made it clear that any rate that earns points would be eligible, allowing me to lower my overall cost. They also advertise that you will receive more miles for a larger point conversion. In fact, I'd argue that my methodology was perhaps more beneficial to CC itself. After I did the promo last year, I got a lot of inquiries about the CC brand. In addition to family members staying for a night on my dime to give me points, a lot of my co-workers checked out the brand locally and booked rooms on the road. They were very excited to see the promo back this year. So I will have more than paid for my redemptions and earned CC a few loyal customers in the processwhich I believe is the spirit of the promo.

The collective good will be just fine.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Park Plaza

I had an oversold flight in Minneapolis last night and I took the flight voucher and spent the night. As I had registered for the Park Plaza program I booked a stay there.

The hotel is adequate for a nights stay...nothing very fancy. The best part was the free shuttle to/from the airport.

I have now completed the Radisson/Country Inn/Park Inn/Park Plaza foursome. I am off to Europe soon and I hope to use the points there.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Various of us could post exactly the same thing. Please delete this. This sort of bragging will kill future promos. Does us no at all good.

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Unless I can figure out a way to do a "phone check-in" with the Park Plaza in MN, I'm finally done:

Radisson

Me- 2,000 booking online, 2,925 normal earning, 50,000 bonus (54,925 for $0.00 as my employer covered my rate on a work trip)

Wife- 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 50,000 bonus, -5,000 C+P rate (47,300 for $72.00)

Grandpa- 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 50,000 bonus, -5,000 C+P rate (47,300 for $72.00)

Grandma- 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 50,000 bonus, -5,000 C+P rate (47,300 for $72.00)

Mother-in-Law: 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 50,000 bonus, -5,000 C+P rate (47,300 for $72.00)

Park Inn

Me, 2,000 booking online, 1,625 normal earning, 44,000 bonus (47,625 for $0.00 as we were never charged on a BRG claim)

Wife- 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 44,000 bonus (46,300 for $0.00 as we were never charged on a BRG claim)

Country Inn

Me: 2,000 booking online, 2,550 normal earning, 44,000 bonus (48,550 for $0.00 as my employer covered my rate on a work trip)

Wife- 1,000 booking online, 1,300 normal earning, 44,000 bonus, -5,000 for a C+P rate (41,300 for $78.00)

Total points earned from promo transfered to my account: 427,900
Total cost to obtain: $366.00

-200,000 points were converted to 36,000 AA miles; 44,000 existing miles were added for 2 roundtrip tickets in coach to/from London
-132,000 points were converted to 3 nights at the Radisson Blu Berlin
-95,900 points + 54,100 existing points from the last promo were converted to 3 nights at the London May Fair

We will use our Hyatt credit card nights for 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome. ($85.00 annual fee) We will also use $200.00 worth of Best Western travel cards to book 2 nights in Herford, Germany to visit family. (Garnered through BRG claims for 2 work trips to Tulsa, OK)

Not bad at all!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: aa, spg
I just stayed at Park Inn in Calabasas on Friday-Saturday, did not check out, just told the front desk on check-in that I would be leaving early.

Points posted today!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Missed it by that much...

Ah heck. I've got a stay coming up Sunday night that I could make at a Radisson (I'm registered for the 50K), but the promo ends on sunday! Sent an e-mail to Club Carlson to see if the stay would qualify, but I'm not too hopeful.

Hmm... Maybe if I check in, checked out before midnight, and slept in my car the rest of the night... how bad do I want those 50K points?

Andyandy
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Various of us could post exactly the same thing. Please delete this. This sort of bragging will kill future promos. Does us no at all good.
+1

I've never understood the threads, bragging about how much I made off of a company. You're right that what kills deals more than any blogger!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Ummmm, then why did you quote it in full so that even if the original is deleted there is still a copy here?

There is nothing particularly wrong with what is posted from a kill-the-deal perspective. The poster did exactly what Club Carlson wants---get people to visit their hotels. Do you think it has escaped CC's attention that you get a free standard hotel night at any Radisson property worldwide for staying a paid (or partially paid in the case of points and cash) rate at one of their hotels?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by zilberbrand
I just stayed at Park Inn in Calabasas on Friday-Saturday, did not check out, just told the front desk on check-in that I would be leaving early.

Points posted today!
Where is Park Inn in Calabasas located?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by naples_flyer
I had an oversold flight in Minneapolis last night and I took the flight voucher and spent the night. As I had registered for the Park Plaza program I booked a stay there.

The hotel is adequate for a nights stay...nothing very fancy. The best part was the free shuttle to/from the airport.

I have now completed the Radisson/Country Inn/Park Inn/Park Plaza foursome. I am off to Europe soon and I hope to use the points there.
Though it may be premature to know, did you receive the promo points for an airline voucher stay? Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by andyandy
Ah heck. I've got a stay coming up Sunday night that I could make at a Radisson (I'm registered for the 50K), but the promo ends on sunday! Sent an e-mail to Club Carlson to see if the stay would qualify, but I'm not too hopeful.

Hmm... Maybe if I check in, checked out before midnight, and slept in my car the rest of the night... how bad do I want those 50K points?

Andyandy
Though I don't know about whether checking out early will earn, I just want to suggest that a Priceline lowball, a Motel 6 or a Choice Hotel with a code could beat the car and you could still come in @ reasonable $$. Actually, not knowing your style, still feeding the habit (and, "Hi! I'm Firewind!") doing it at a Choice Hotel would be 1/2 of earning 8,000 ChoicePrivileges points in their summer promo. A - compressed - variation of hotel hopping. But the crux is whether checking out before midnight would earn.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: aa, spg
Its right in the Commons area, if you are familiar with it. Right between Sagebrush Cantina and the mall there. If you're not familiar, its off the 101 at Valley Circle (in LA).
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:20 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
MN Park Plaza

Originally Posted by naples_flyer

Thanks for posting. I am staying at the MN Park Plaza next week along with several family members who will be in town for a family wedding. The Tripadvisor reviews were not very good, so i'm glad to hear "adequate". We're just there for one night, so adequate will do

Anita
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Ummmm, then why did you quote it in full so that even if the original is deleted there is still a copy here?

There is nothing particularly wrong with what is posted from a kill-the-deal perspective. The poster did exactly what Club Carlson wants---get people to visit their hotels. Do you think it has escaped CC's attention that you get a free standard hotel night at any Radisson property worldwide for staying a paid (or partially paid in the case of points and cash) rate at one of their hotels?
If that post gets deleted, I can edit mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.