Reload this Page >

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:47 pm

I got in late - but still I am in the que for 100k points - love it!!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by blackmamba
I don't get what's going on. Do you guys know why TopCashBack isn't giving us our money?
There is discussion going on in the Club Carlson forum about this issue as well.

According to the TopCasBack Website they are having problems with stays booked between May 31 - June 21. So, if your stay isn't posting, you need to submit a cash back claim.

Here's what it says on their website:
"Bookings completed between May 31 and June 21 may be declined. If your transaction does not uplift once your stay has been completed please accept our apologies and be assured that we are working hard to resolve this matter for valid transactions. If you have experienced this, please do not worry. Simply send us a ticket via your account and we will give you an update."
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:48 pm

I don't have any upcoming travel where I'd need to stay at a Club Carlson hotel. I've registered for all 3 promos (and now the newest Park Plaza 50K promo).

My question is: is it worth it to make a reservation and drop by a local hotel, and check in to get some Gold points to use for the future?

What is the most that you would pay at each location to get these points? $100? $200?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I don't have any upcoming travel where I'd need to stay at a Club Carlson hotel. I've registered for all 3 promos (and now the newest Park Plaza 50K promo).

My question is: is it worth it to make a reservation and drop by a local hotel, and check in to get some Gold points to use for the future?

What is the most that you would pay at each location to get these points? $100? $200?
I think Club Carlson points are worth about 0.5 cents each. So yes, I think it is worth it to stay at a local hotel if you can for $100 or so. I wouldn't pay $200. Keep in mind that the rules require you to be present for checkout, although I doubt they are really enforcing that rule.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How long is it taking everyone to receive their bonus points from this promotion? It is now 3+ weeks since my stay and no bonus.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by jake66
I think Club Carlson points are worth about 0.5 cents each. So yes, I think it is worth it to stay at a local hotel if you can for $100 or so. I wouldn't pay $200. Keep in mind that the rules require you to be present for checkout, although I doubt they are really enforcing that rule.
Thank you for this push. I went ahead and booked an overnight stay at a local Radisson. Figured me and the lady can take a one day getaway somewhere local on July 3rd - 4th..

After I booked the stay, I did a quick search and found a much cheaper price on hotels.com and submitted a claim for the Radisson BRG. I booked a price at $160.26 and the hotels.com rate was $128.44.

Hope it all goes through. I'll keep y'all updated.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How long is it taking everyone to receive their bonus points from this promotion? It is now 3+ weeks since my stay and no bonus.
Did you get normal stay points but no 50K or nothing? I have gotten all points ~3 days after checkout on all of my stays.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Did you get normal stay points but no 50K or nothing? I have gotten all points ~3 days after checkout on all of my stays.

+1.......same here
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
My points posted

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Within 3-4 days of completing the stay, including the weekends. I received the regular points, such as booking bonus, and stay points, along with the 44k/50k bonus points.

Just a thought, but, did you received at least some of the regular points, did you enter your CC # while making the reservation, was the reservation done before sign up for the bonus points, was the reservation booked directly through CC or the hotel website and not through a third party site (expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, etc), did you stayed at a qualifying hotel, did you sign up and received confirmation email that you sign up and qualify for the promotion?

Your experience seems to be a complete opposite to what almost everyone have mentioned, seems to me there is a "disconnect" with your stay overall. At the very least contact CC customer service to confirm, while the details and information are still fresh and can be accessed easily.

The others that have not received any points are those that stayed on a PARK PLAZA thinking that it qualified for the PARK INN promo. This is mute point now that PARK PLAZA is offering their own promo.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by arollins
Within 3-4 days of completing the stay, including the weekends. I received the regular points, such as booking bonus, and stay points, along with the 44k/50k bonus points.

Just a thought, but, did you received at least some of the regular points, did you enter your CC # while making the reservation, was the reservation done before sign up for the bonus points, was the reservation booked directly through CC or the hotel website and not through a third party site (expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, etc), did you stayed at a qualifying hotel, did you sign up and received confirmation email that you sign up and qualify for the promotion?

Your experience seems to be a complete opposite to what almost everyone have mentioned, seems to me there is a "disconnect" with your stay overall. At the very least contact CC customer service to confirm, while the details and information are still fresh and can be accessed easily.

The others that have not received any points are those that stayed on a PARK PLAZA thinking that it qualified for the PARK INN promo. This is mute point now that PARK PLAZA is offering their own promo.

I have not received any points; base or bonus, for my stay at a Rad Blu 2wks ago tomorrow. I contacted CC and they said this is normal, and the points may take some time to post.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Does it count if you stay at more than 1 property in the same city or nearby cities?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:05 am

After you check out of the hotel, does the hotel keep a record of your Driver License Detail or copy of it in file? How about your credit card info after the charge has gone through- does the hotel keep a record of it too?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by metoo
After you check out of the hotel, does the hotel keep a record of your Driver License Detail or copy of it in file? How about your credit card info after the charge has gone through- does the hotel keep a record of it too?
I thought they only scan stuff if you're a foreigner?? They ask for your driver's license just to make sure you are who you say you are. That's all.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:32 am

Just an update on my TCB claims not showing up for my 2 country inn stays. I submitted support tickets for these requests and now they show the correct pending cashback with a payable date as unknown.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba
I thought they only scan stuff if you're a foreigner?? They ask for your driver's license just to make sure you are who you say you are. That's all.
Depends on what a "foreigner" is.....every hotel I have ever checked in, they always ask for a photo ID

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.