Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Does the name on the CC have to match the name of the person the reservation is under/the account to get the points?
No, it doesn't. My son had a stay at a Radisson last Sunday night and I used my CC to pay for it. The 50k points posted to his Club Carlson account yesterday. Plus I went thru the Amex shopping mall to book the room so I should get an extra 3X MR points. (although with Amex, who knows when they will post)
Old May 25, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
Was the Travelocity price non-refundable? I'm looking at that hotel right now but for my dates I see $116.10+tax (130.61) AAA rate on Radisson.com and $103.99+tax (116.22) on Travelocity... but the Travelocity rate says it's non-refundable so I assume I can't BRG to it. The refundable rate on Travelocity is the same as the "Best Available" rate on Radisson.com (though higher than the AAA rate.)
Yes, it looks like the reservation offered by Travelocity is refundable. The same room on Orbitz is offered for $105 - same as radisson.com. I got the notice that Radisson accepted the first claim before making the second reservation.

Here is the policy: Room Policies
Cancellations or changes occurring within 14 hours of 12:01 am (Central Time) on the day of check-in are subject to a cancellation penalty. This includes a 1 night room charge plus applicable Tax Recovery Charge & Service Fees.
Cancellations or changes made after check-in are subject to a 100% charge.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by pclee
does BRG rate still eligible for the bonus points?
I am guessing yes, but i want the real answer....
Dealswelike maintains that BRG nights will qualify.

That said, there are two posts on another boardingarea blog with conflicting reports from Club Calrson. One says the BRG rooms do not qualify, the other says they do:

"I just spoke with the Best Rate Guarantee department and they assured me that a successful BRG claim will not affect eligibility for the Big Night Giveaway and related promos..."
Old May 25, 2012, 2:25 pm

Radisson Says Yes

I just called the Radisson reservation line and spoke with Dan. he assured me the BRG room would qualify for the Big Night points.
Old May 25, 2012, 4:42 pm
Suspended

club carlson personal or business account to sue?

I have both club carlson personal Gold Elite and business account as well.

I signed up for 50k on both for the radisson and 44k for the country inn promo.

for my upcoming trip, should i use the personal or the biz to book the hotel?
is the country inn also gold elite if my club carlson personal is gold account?
thanks
Old May 26, 2012, 11:36 am

data point, i stayed at a country inn the 21st and my points posted the 24th

good luck all
Old May 26, 2012, 1:38 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Originally Posted by DeJar
Dealswelike maintains that BRG nights will qualify.

That said, there are two posts on another boardingarea blog with conflicting reports from Club Calrson. One says the BRG rooms do not qualify, the other says they do:

"I just spoke with the Best Rate Guarantee department and they assured me that a successful BRG claim will not affect eligibility for the Big Night Giveaway and related promos..."
We bloggers can be wrong sometimes. In this case the boardingarea blogger posting this information is definitely wrong.
I also spoke with CC and they confirmed. Plus I just did a BRG on 5/16 and the points have posted. I did have to email though because they didn't automatically post after 4 days. Last year I did 2 BRG for hubby & my accounts and both posted 4 days later.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Finishing up my stays this weekend. My employer covered a Country Inn on Wednesday for a work trip. Me, my wife and two grandparents are doing a cash + points rate at Radisson tomorrow. Each room will cost me $56.00. Just got my Park Inn BRG match for my wife and I:

Dear Spankytoes,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $43.27 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number of XXXXXX will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.

332,000 bonus points - 20,000 used in the cash + points = 312,000 points for $324.00. That doesn't take into account the online booking bonus and normal points earned. Not too shabby.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
I have both club carlson personal Gold Elite and business account as well.

I signed up for 50k on both for the radisson and 44k for the country inn promo.

for my upcoming trip, should i use the personal or the biz to book the hotel?
is the country inn also gold elite if my club carlson personal is gold account?
thanks
Check out the last frequent miler's blog on Carlson business account. I recall he recommended to use personal account in most cases.
Old May 27, 2012, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Check out the last frequent miler's blog on Carlson business account. I recall he recommended to use personal account in most cases.
That's right. You won't get the online booking bonus if you log in with your business account to make the booking
Old May 27, 2012, 7:32 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
We bloggers can be wrong sometimes. In this case the boardingarea blogger posting this information is definitely wrong.
I also spoke with CC and they confirmed. Plus I just did a BRG on 5/16 and the points have posted. I did have to email though because they didn't automatically post after 4 days. Last year I did 2 BRG for hubby & my accounts and both posted 4 days later.
I had a reader or two send me comments or messages that they would not count based on what a Club Carlson supervisor had told him, so I did include a warning that he had been told that, but there are far more positive reports than negative. I have a BRG reservation myself and am not at all worried about it counting.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:50 am

Delete.

Last edited by FlyHigh23; May 27, 2012 at 11:18 pm
Old May 27, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Strange... just tried booking a local Radission. It shows availability. But, when I try to book it, the website keeps giving me an error message (indicates problem with website). No issues on any of the other hotels listed. I called the hotel directly and booked it through them and gave my Club Carlson number.

Two questions:
- I could not see anywhere on the T&C for the promo that it had to be booked on the website. I assume that it will work if I call the 800# or book directly with the hotel?

- If I book directly through the hotel, and gave them my Club Carlson #, should I not be able to see the reservation online under my account?
Old May 28, 2012, 3:20 am

I booked a hotel on the Park Inn website with no errors a week ago and it doesn't show on the Club Carlson site. It looks to be normal behaviour right now.
Old May 28, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Strange... just tried booking a local Radission. It shows availability. But, when I try to book it, the website keeps giving me an error message (indicates problem with website). No issues on any of the other hotels listed. I called the hotel directly and booked it through them and gave my Club Carlson number.

Two questions:
- I could not see anywhere on the T&C for the promo that it had to be booked on the website. I assume that it will work if I call the 800# or book directly with the hotel?

- If I book directly through the hotel, and gave them my Club Carlson #, should I not be able to see the reservation online under my account?
I had this problem a week ago. I am going to call Club Carlson to be sure I get the 2,000 points I would have received for booking online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.