Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Need r/t LAX-OSL tix for next week. What's best deal?

Need r/t LAX-OSL tix for next week. What's best deal?

Old May 5, 12, 7:59 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 178
Need r/t LAX-OSL tix for next week. What's best deal?

FT Friends, I'm sorry not sure which forum is the right place to ask for HELP!
My favorite aunt passed on yesterday & I would really like to show my respect by being in Oslo, Norway for the funeral on FRI 11 May.

I have UAL miles, AmEx MR Points, Chase UR's & even AA Advantage Miles but not sure what's the best deal to get a r/t trip to Norway for 3-4 days.

Any idea what's the best schedule to maximize value & least layover to make this schedule?

Thank you all so much!
Erik
Hofu is offline  
Old May 5, 12, 8:48 pm
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by Hofu View Post
FT Friends, I'm sorry not sure which forum is the right place to ask for HELP!
My favorite aunt passed on yesterday & I would really like to show my respect by being in Oslo, Norway for the funeral on FRI 11 May.

I have UAL miles, AmEx MR Points, Chase UR's & even AA Advantage Miles but not sure what's the best deal to get a r/t trip to Norway for 3-4 days.

Any idea what's the best schedule to maximize value & least layover to make this schedule?

Thank you all so much!
Erik
Hei Hei,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

If you have $ to swing. Here is an all in itinerary for $879.



Or you could do LAX-EWR-OSL on UA

If you have miles you can transfer from AMEX, check for availability first on Delta for LAX-AMS-OSL. You can hold award tickets on delta.com. Then transfer from AMEX ---> Delta.

I usually fly from IAD, so I do KLM to AMS then on to OSL, usually have a 1hour layover or so in AMS and onto OSL I go.

ha en god helg og lykke til venn.
krpjr is offline  
Old May 5, 12, 10:29 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 178
Tusen Takk!

I found UAL 30K Miles outbound + US $83.00
Return was UAL 30K Miles + US $72.

Delta was 100,000 Sky Miles + US $83.
I don't have any Delta Sky Miles but I think AmEx transfers to Delta 1:1, is that right?

I think UAL is the better deal.
60K Miles + US $155.

Thank you so much for your help!
Hilsen, Erik

Originally Posted by krpjr View Post
Hei Hei,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

If you have $ to swing. Here is an all in itinerary for $879.



Or you could do LAX-EWR-OSL on UA

If you have miles you can transfer from AMEX, check for availability first on Delta for LAX-AMS-OSL. You can hold award tickets on delta.com. Then transfer from AMEX ---> Delta.

I usually fly from IAD, so I do KLM to AMS then on to OSL, usually have a 1hour layover or so in AMS and onto OSL I go.

ha en god helg og lykke til venn.
Hofu is offline  
Old May 5, 12, 11:38 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alabama
Programs: Not care as much as before...
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by Hofu View Post
Tusen Takk!
I think UAL is the better deal.
60K Miles + US $155.

Thank you so much for your help!
Hilsen, Erik
Not really good deal by using miles.
60k*0.0165+155>> $8**- values of miles
ssoonngg123 is offline  
Old May 5, 12, 11:46 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DCA
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by ssoonngg123 View Post
Not really good deal by using miles.
60k*0.0165+155>> $8**- values of miles
Yes, that would be a 1.2 cpm redemption - then again, if it is the flight you need and easiest thing it is worth it! If you have the money to spare, the TL itinerary isn't a bad deal and would get you ~16k miles RT. Only other thing to look at it would be the FlyingBlue 50% off promotion goes from Dallas. If you can get a cheap positioning RT, you might be able to get a 25k transfer from Amex to FlyingBlue for a DFW-OSL RT. Then again, I don't know what their close-in award fees are and they may have high taxes.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt!
giantreesemar is offline  
Old May 6, 12, 12:24 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WAS
Programs: Lotz
Posts: 1,411
Originally Posted by giantreesemar View Post
Yes, that would be a 1.2 cpm redemption - then again, if it is the flight you need and easiest thing it is worth it! If you have the money to spare, the TL itinerary isn't a bad deal and would get you ~16k miles RT. Only other thing to look at it would be the FlyingBlue 50% off promotion goes from Dallas. If you can get a cheap positioning RT, you might be able to get a 25k transfer from Amex to FlyingBlue for a DFW-OSL RT. Then again, I don't know what their close-in award fees are and they may have high taxes.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt!
Except some Turkish fares don't earn *A carrier miles.

Don't bereavement fares apply for international? I'd think they would on a USA metal.
tassojunior is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread