Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
$75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Old May 2, 2012, 5:48 am
    formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
    Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum

Not as lucrative as past offers, it does offer those unable to get a premium travel credit card a chance to play the game.

The promo runs until June 30th:

15K DL miles on opening an account with $100 minimum balance
    15K more DL miles when establishing a real direct deposit
    The check card costs $75 and there are monthly fees if you don't maintain a hefty balance.

Suntrust Bank has been extremely good to us in the past but they have tightened considerably at least in my Hilton Head Island branch. This time they will only accept walk in applicants.

Maybe somebody else can find a branch willing to take mail in applicants?

I have no indication if multiple authorized users can get separate cards.

Suntrust Delta World Check Card
    Old May 2, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: DL
    The business version is also available with a 25K bonus. It's unfortunate I just opened a business account and got the card in march for the 5K bonus.
    Old May 2, 2012, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
    Suntrust Bank...they will only accept walk in applicants.

Same in my area, Florida. Also, Tennessee. Walk-ins only.

I notice other banks (non-SunTrust) are also extending more generous offers to walk-ins. They'd "like to get to know you" [Spanky & Our Grang, 1968 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Y3l0_1US4 ]
    Old May 2, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Several dozen
    Good thing I'm headed to Florida so that I can walk in. Just hope that I don't find a long line around the block.

Not as lucrative as past offers, it does offer those unable to get a premium travel credit card a chance to play the game.

The promo runs until June 30th:

15K DL miles on opening an account with $100 minimum balance
    15K more DL miles when establishing a real direct deposit
    The check card costs $75 and there are monthly fees if you don't maintain a hefty balance.

Suntrust Bank has been extremely good to us in the past but they have tightened considerably at least in my Hilton Head Island branch. This time they will only accept walk in applicants.

Maybe somebody else can find a branch willing to take mail in applicants?

I have no indication if multiple authorized users can get separate cards.

Old May 2, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: many
    You do not need to go into a branch or have one in your area to sign up for this.
    Old May 2, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
    Anyone know if a monthly electronic deposit from an outside Savings Account (e.g. American Express Online Savings Account) would qualify as a direct deposit? Their wording is a little vague (italics mine):

"A qualifying Direct Deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income of $100 or more per deposit electronically deposited to your account during statement cycle by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit. "
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:03 am
    formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
    Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
    this is a check card

Originally Posted by pcharles
    You do not need to go into a branch or have one in your area to sign up for this.
    your link is to a credit card, big difference for some.
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond
    Suntrust Bank 30,000 Mile Check Card Offer

Does anyone know if Sun Trust will "status match?" I'm serviced by BoA wealth management because my dad's banker tagged my account with the proper codes several years ago, so while I'm not married to BoA, I do enjoy the perks (refund any fees, free personal and business checks, dedicated phone number, etc)
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by wanderlustre
    Anyone know if a monthly electronic deposit from an outside Savings Account (e.g. American Express Online Savings Account) would qualify as a direct deposit? Their wording is a little vague (italics mine):

"A qualifying Direct Deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income of $100 or more per deposit electronically deposited to your account during statement cycle by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit. "
    No, must be direct deposit from payroll.

your link is to a credit card, big difference for some.
    Sorry, my signature line had nothing to do with the context of my post.

You do not need to visit a SunTrust branch to sign up for their check card.

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
    Does anyone know if Sun Trust will "status match?" I'm serviced by BoA wealth management because my dad's banker tagged my account with the proper codes several years ago, so while I'm not married to BoA, I do enjoy the perks (refund any fees, free personal and business checks, dedicated phone number, etc)
    Not sure on the business side. Personal side gets free checks with the right checking account, free check card, free suntrust atm use, limited amount of waivers for non-atm use. All with the right checking account.
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
    I know this offer was on deck before and lucrative. Could someone explain what the old offer was and what made it lucrative? Please clearly label you post. I just want to understand what to look for in the new offer. Multiple accounts? Multiple authorized user? etc.
    Old May 2, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
    http://www.deltacheckcard.com/index.php

Here is the Delta Landing page. According to the Delta sign up page (here), you should be able to sign up online, by calling or by going into a branch. But, when you click the sign up online section, it does not provide the "open now" link that Delta is referencing.

The checking account bonus and enrollment bonus are limited time offers from 5/1/2012-6/30/2012 and are only available once per customer.

I am assuming that means that you cannot add authorized users.
    Old May 2, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
    Keep in mind that this offer cannot take advantage of the low fees for the Everyday Checking account, SunTrust's basic checking account, and instead requires Balanced Banking or above, checking products that impose at least a $12 monthly fee for checking and other SunTrust accounts that, in total, fall below $3000 (not a daily average--and other products impose higher fees and minimum balance requirements). Not bad if you intend to maintain a decent balance with SunTrust or already have some other accounts there, but certainly a factor to throw in when calculating whether $75 plus possible monthly fees are worth 30K Delta miles to you.
    Old May 2, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Just verified via SunTrust's online chat feature that this offer can be accessed without going into a physical branch. "Jenny" was all revved to get me set up. (Don't have the time right now but will do it later.)
    Not sure if you can do it all online without a chat helper though.

update: just completed setting up the account with this offer via the chat. Thanks again Rick.

Last edited by brasov02; May 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Old May 2, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Originally Posted by zitozac
    The business version is also available with a 25K bonus. It's unfortunate I just opened a business account and got the card in march for the 5K bonus.
    Where did you see this? The only business offer I see is for a 5,000 mile bonus after first use with the card that will cost a whopping $125 annual fee. Sweet deal! Not.
    Old May 2, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
    Originally Posted by brasov02
    Where did you see this? The only business offer I see is for a 5,000 mile bonus after first use with the card that will cost a whopping $125 annual fee. Sweet deal! Not.
    https://www.suntrust.com/SmallBusine...MilesCheckCard

Disclaimers

1The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card is available on all business checking accounts except Primary Business Checking. The annual fee is $120 for the Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card. The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card earns 1 mile per $2 in PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases and 1 mile per $1 in direct Delta purchases. Only PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases (including small dollar purchases that do not require a signature), Internet purchases, phone or mail order purchases or automatic bill payments qualify for mileage earnings. Cash advances, cash portion of a PIN POS sale with cash back, ATM transactions, payments for stored-value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, quasi cash, travelers cheques do not qualify. Open a Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card to receive 25,000 bonus miles. Miles will be awarded after the first PIN Point of Sale or signature-based purchase made with the card. The first purchase must be made by 7/31/2012 to be eligible for the bonus. The check card enrollment bonus is a limited time offer from 5/1/2012-6/30/2012 and is only available once per customer. The offer is not transferable and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. For details on this offer, please see delta.com/checkcardbonus. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. 2012 Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.