Search

Free 3k SPG points or free night award for NEW SPG members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Free 3k SPG points or free night award for NEW SPG members

Hey guys,

For those that havent signed up for SPG credit cards yet, now is a good time to just go to their website and sign up for a SPG account. Once you make an account, just wait several days and you will get an offer like the one I just got:

"Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by April 30, 2012, then complete a stay between March 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 3,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–5 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today. "
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Hey guys,

For those that havent signed up for SPG credit cards yet, now is a good time to just go to their website and sign up for a SPG account. Once you make an account, just wait several days and you will get an offer like the one I just got:

"Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by April 30, 2012, then complete a stay between March 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 3,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–5 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today. "
FYI, tried my SPG number (not new) and received:

WE'RE SORRY TO TELL YOU, YOU'RE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Check out spg.com/offers for other amazing offers.

Not an SPG® member? Join now >
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I just joined and put my number in the promo box, got the not eligible response. Hopefully I'll get that email offer.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
This has actually been around for a while. It is very targeted and the offer varys per person. I received this last year for a $50 Amazon gift card or 2,000 points. I registered, but never stayed. I then received it again in December, but this time it was for a free weekend night certificate (Cat 1-5). I completed my stay and the certificate showed up in my account a few days later.

My mother opened her account at the same time as I did and she did not receive either of the two communications that I had received. However, she just received one for 4,000 points or a $25 SPG certificate. She took the points and will be staying by the end of next month.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:08 pm

I also received an email offer for 4,000 points after a stay. Followed by another email and flyer that arrived several days later offering me 3,000 points. I registered for the 4,000 point offer and will be completing a stay this weekend. hmmmmm...I wonder what would happen if I registered for both offers? 7,000 points?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
My husband received the offer. He had an SPG number he had never used...since he usually stays at Hilton for work (and only once or twice a year). Timing was great because he had an upcoming business trip and decided to try a Sheraton. He earned the free night which we will be using for an upcoming Hawaii visit!!! The triple points from the current promo helped too!!

AND since I am an SPG member I can transfer my points over to him to top off his account and add on the other 2 nights we wanted in Hawaii!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:11 pm

I got one of these a few years ago. It went from 1k to 2k to 4 to 5k or something. this was before i was crazy into points and didn't see the worth in staying just for points. Probably wouldnt do it for 5k, but would stay at a cheapo hotel for a cat 5 certificate depending on the exp date,e tc.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The Cat 1-5 weekend certificate has a June 30 expiration date for me. I stayed at the beginning of January, so it looks like it should be about a 6-month window. Still trying to decide where to use it. I had hoped to use it at Turnberry in Scotland, but we aren't in Scotland long enough. I am thinking that I might go to the St. Regis in Atlanta, as it would be the first luxury hotel that I have stayed in.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
4k points or $50 voucher

I just tried and got an offer for 4k points if I stay with SPG before 30 apr or $50 credit towards use at spa or other on site facility. I went for 4k points. Hope that wasn't a bad decision
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vinay2543
I just tried and got an offer for 4k points if I stay with SPG before 30 apr or $50 credit towards use at spa or other on site facility. I went for 4k points. Hope that wasn't a bad decision
How long have you been a member of SPG? I tried it again today, no luck.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
I have been a SPG member for sometime now, but no stays so far with them. I might complete my first stay by 30th apr though!!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I got 5000 pts or free any night cat 1-6 for one year with one paid stay in next two months
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Checked all the accounts in the family and only one of them has an offer.

5,000 bonus Starpoints
Your Starpoints® are redeemable toward airline tickets, suite upgrades, unique SPG® MomentsSM experiences and more. With Free Night Awards starting at just 2,000 Starpoints at Category 1 hotels and resorts, you'll already have enough for a night on us.

A Free Night Award
Redeemable for any Category 1–6 hotels and resorts worldwide — with no blackouts.

Notice that it has a free night in upto Category 6 hotel. Not sure which one to opt for. June 30 use-by date will be a problem I think. Not sure if we can use the free night by then.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Which to take though? 5000 points or 1 night 1-6 category? My points tally is 1500 for SPG and have a lot of hilton and priority club points. I usually dont stay at SPG hotels but would find it useful for grandslam this year. I feel taking the 5000 points is probably better for me? Any comments.

- naroowal
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i got this offer...a couple of months back..and i'm not a spg credit card holder..just regular spg account..with no stays...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.