FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Free 3k SPG points or free night award for NEW SPG members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1329966-free-3k-spg-points-free-night-award-new-spg-members.html)

livestrongforever Mar 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Free 3k SPG points or free night award for NEW SPG members

Hey guys,

For those that havent signed up for SPG credit cards yet, now is a good time to just go to their website and sign up for a SPG account. Once you make an account, just wait several days and you will get an offer like the one I just got:

"Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by April 30, 2012, then complete a stay between March 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 3,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–5 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today. "

onlybeef42 Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 18290418)
Hey guys,

For those that havent signed up for SPG credit cards yet, now is a good time to just go to their website and sign up for a SPG account. Once you make an account, just wait several days and you will get an offer like the one I just got:

"Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by April 30, 2012, then complete a stay between March 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 3,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–5 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today. "

FYI, tried my SPG number (not new) and received:

WE'RE SORRY TO TELL YOU, YOU'RE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Check out spg.com/offers for other amazing offers.

Not an SPG® member? Join now >

longhorn11 Mar 28, 2012 1:16 pm

I just joined and put my number in the promo box, got the not eligible response. Hopefully I'll get that email offer.

KathinJax Mar 28, 2012 1:24 pm

This has actually been around for a while. It is very targeted and the offer varys per person. I received this last year for a $50 Amazon gift card or 2,000 points. I registered, but never stayed. I then received it again in December, but this time it was for a free weekend night certificate (Cat 1-5). I completed my stay and the certificate showed up in my account a few days later.

My mother opened her account at the same time as I did and she did not receive either of the two communications that I had received. However, she just received one for 4,000 points or a $25 SPG certificate. She took the points and will be staying by the end of next month.

emmygofly Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I also received an email offer for 4,000 points after a stay. Followed by another email and flyer that arrived several days later offering me 3,000 points. I registered for the 4,000 point offer and will be completing a stay this weekend. hmmmmm...I wonder what would happen if I registered for both offers? 7,000 points? ;)

sargenet Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm

My husband received the offer. He had an SPG number he had never used...since he usually stays at Hilton for work (and only once or twice a year). Timing was great because he had an upcoming business trip and decided to try a Sheraton. He earned the free night which we will be using for an upcoming Hawaii visit!!! The triple points from the current promo helped too!!

AND since I am an SPG member I can transfer my points over to him to top off his account and add on the other 2 nights we wanted in Hawaii!

leftpinky Mar 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I got one of these a few years ago. It went from 1k to 2k to 4 to 5k or something. this was before i was crazy into points and didn't see the worth in staying just for points. Probably wouldnt do it for 5k, but would stay at a cheapo hotel for a cat 5 certificate depending on the exp date,e tc.

KathinJax Apr 1, 2012 1:15 pm

The Cat 1-5 weekend certificate has a June 30 expiration date for me. I stayed at the beginning of January, so it looks like it should be about a 6-month window. Still trying to decide where to use it. I had hoped to use it at Turnberry in Scotland, but we aren't in Scotland long enough. I am thinking that I might go to the St. Regis in Atlanta, as it would be the first luxury hotel that I have stayed in.

vinay2543 Apr 1, 2012 2:39 pm

4k points or $50 voucher

I just tried and got an offer for 4k points if I stay with SPG before 30 apr or $50 credit towards use at spa or other on site facility. I went for 4k points. Hope that wasn't a bad decision

longhorn11 Apr 1, 2012 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by vinay2543 (Post 18315297)
I just tried and got an offer for 4k points if I stay with SPG before 30 apr or $50 credit towards use at spa or other on site facility. I went for 4k points. Hope that wasn't a bad decision

How long have you been a member of SPG? I tried it again today, no luck.

vinay2543 Apr 2, 2012 6:25 am

I have been a SPG member for sometime now, but no stays so far with them. I might complete my first stay by 30th apr though!! ;)

particlemn Apr 2, 2012 8:59 am

I got 5000 pts or free any night cat 1-6 for one year with one paid stay in next two months

jeelele Apr 2, 2012 9:10 am

Checked all the accounts in the family and only one of them has an offer.

5,000 bonus Starpoints
Your Starpoints® are redeemable toward airline tickets, suite upgrades, unique SPG® MomentsSM experiences and more. With Free Night Awards starting at just 2,000 Starpoints at Category 1 hotels and resorts, you'll already have enough for a night on us.

A Free Night Award
Redeemable for any Category 1–6 hotels and resorts worldwide — with no blackouts.

Notice that it has a free night in upto Category 6 hotel. Not sure which one to opt for. June 30 use-by date will be a problem I think. Not sure if we can use the free night by then.

naroowal Apr 3, 2012 1:32 pm

Which to take though? 5000 points or 1 night 1-6 category? My points tally is 1500 for SPG and have a lot of hilton and priority club points. I usually dont stay at SPG hotels but would find it useful for grandslam this year. I feel taking the 5000 points is probably better for me? Any comments.

- naroowal

bitachu Apr 3, 2012 3:16 pm

i got this offer...a couple of months back..and i'm not a spg credit card holder..just regular spg account..with no stays...