Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:15 am

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T359/T359UVJI2 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by Happy
Originally Posted by taliesin
dansdeals.com is now reporting that this is official. Apparently it only works with certain TYP cards, eg Premier. Supposedly more airlines will be coming online in the very near future.

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/20748

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...8269#msg208269

Edit: Ur, maybe.... Some in the DDF are reporting that they cannot see the transfer. I don't have any TY card, so I can't test personally.
Please see this poster on DDF that claimed he could see the Transfer Option and now said he actually did not have a TYP account when being asked to post a screen shot...

May be everybody is being had, including Dan of Dan's Deal.

Offline meshugener

Dansdeals Platinum Elite

Re: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points
Reply #117 on: Today at 06:47:45 pm
BINGO!!! Its already in effect! You can now actually transfer Citi Thank You points into BA or Singapore! Just log in into your account and select Rewards > Thank You Points Exchange > Exchange Now, then select the airline you wish to transfer, either British Airways or Singapore Airlines, enter your FF account number and the amount of points you wish to transfer and you're all set! Long Live DansDeals!

Offline meshugener

Dansdeals Platinum Elite

Re: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points
Reply #136 on: Today at 09:56:37 pm
Quote from: Side incomer on Today at 09:26:50 pm

Meshuganar,
Please post a screenshot of the transfer option.
This would be the best way to prove, once and forever.

believe it or not, I don't have a Thank You account.
Sorry, Ms. Happy, I've never said I could "see" the transfer option. Reread the thread on DDF and next time be carefull before poking fun on me.... You can see that this whole thing is not plain bluff as the TY reps most say thats the way how to transfer and its already in effect. So its probably something in process to go in effect, so just wait a bit longer.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:06 pm

No online option for me either, a citi TY Premier cardholder
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meshugener
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T359/T359UVJI2 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Sorry, Ms. Happy, I've never said I could "see" the transfer option. Reread the thread on DDF and next time be carefull before poking fun on me.... You can see that this whole thing is not plain bluff as the TY reps most say thats the way how to transfer and its already in effect. So its probably something in process to go in effect, so just wait a bit longer.
I am not poking fun on you. I am very curious on why someone could post such seemingly definitive information as if it is for real at the moment everyone could see the option now... Not a single word mentioned about this is being "told by TYP rep".

Then when being asked to please provide a screen shot to show the option there, then you revealed that you did not even have a TY account.

You could have made things much clearer in your initial post about the Transfer Option by revealing that is "per the instruction given by the TYP rep" instead of making it look like you actually have gone thru the steps and saw it. Instead, your whole post made it look like the option is LIVE now and that is how you see it.

Honestly I dont know what the motive of the proclamation post is, other than the plugging of "Long Live DansDeals"...

With over 200K TYPs in my account, I would love to have such options. But as another poster says, until the fat lady sings, this remains just a possibility which seems to be used as attention grabbing tool.

On another note, each time I ever called TYP I am always been asked either the TY account or one of the Sponsored account number - never ever I talk to the rep without the rep had no idea I was not even a TY customer, fwiw.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:15 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
On another note, each time I ever called TYP I am always been asked either the TY account or one of the Sponsored account number - never ever I talk to the rep without the rep had no idea I was not even a TY customer, fwiw.
Same. I am always "validated".
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:44 pm

I have to say, if this is a hoax, it's probably one of the longest (time-wise) and most thorough April Fool's Jokes I've ever seen.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by daveland
^ This is (one reason why) companies don't like info disseminated here before they publicly disclose.
So why are their CSRs disseminating information? Why are they even told? They are in the dark about so much REAL, true information, why tell them something isn't even a done deal yet?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:59 pm
Suspended

I am not poking fun to you. I am very curious on why someone could post such seemingly definitive information as if it is for real at the moment everyone could see the option now... Not a single word mentioned about this is being "told by TYP rep".

Then when being asked to please provide a screen shot to show the option there, then you revealed that you did not even have a TY account.

You could have made things much clearer in your initial post about the Transfer Option by revealing that is "per the instruction given by the TYP rep" instead of making it look like you actually have gone thru the steps and saw it. Instead, your whole post made it look like the option is LIVE now and that is how you see it.

Honestly I dont know what the motive of the proclamation post is, other than the plugging of "Long Live DansDeals"...

With over 200K TYPs in my account, I would love to have such options. But as another poster says, until the fat lady sings, this remains just a possibility which seems to be used as attention grabbing tool.

Its just normal for a DD person

Although they do have a number of people who have learnt the ropes very well and know their stuff. Unfortunately the vast majority dont fall into that cat and arent seasoned travelin people. Its more get the bonus and sell the Miles or Pts. Or I want to fly for free = no BIS travel whatsoever or very little if any
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:04 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MJLouise
...why tell them something isn't even a done deal yet?
If the details are to be believed Citi is setting this up as a self service full automated transfer, similar to Membership Rewards and Ultimate Rewards. Citi may simply be having trouble establishing the system links to the airlines. In other words, the contracts may be done, but the implementation may be challenging.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by craz
Its just normal for a DD person

Although they do have a number of people who have learnt the ropes very well and know their stuff. Unfortunately the vast majority dont fall into that cat and arent seasoned travelin people. Its more get the bonus and sell the Miles or Pts. Or I want to fly for free = no BIS travel whatsoever or very little if any
To a large extent you're right.
However, I would say that it's a great way for young ppl to onboard themselves to this hobby. The forums are easy to follow, and the threads tend to remain shorter.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daveland
Same. I am always "validated".
That is one of the reasons why I feel really odd about those positive posts when everyone who actually has the alleged eligible cards dont see such options, and when being asked by the communities (here and on DansDeals forum), the posters said they did not even have TY accounts, yet they posted instructions (being told by TYP reps).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MJLouise
So why are their CSRs disseminating information? Why are they even told? They are in the dark about so much REAL, true information, why tell them something isn't even a done deal yet?
For all it is worth, all the "being told by the CSRs" are just based on the posts by people who seem to push such rumors. The most weird part is the posters said they did not even have TY accounts. Like daveland said, we the real account holders always are "validated" when we call before we are being helped.

Have you actually called TYP and heard the same thing yourself? I am just curious.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:53 pm

I have found things to be just the opposite of what you are saying.

I don't have a ThankYou account but I have called the ThankYou Call Center upwards of 5 times in regards to this deal.

Here's how it went each time;

Dial tel:1-800-842-6596

Hit "2" on dial pad to discusss ThankYou Rewards pprogram and redeem points.

Hit "1" for English.

Hit "#" if you do not have ThankYou account number available.

Hit "4" to speak with a ThankYou associate.

Then I usually talk about ThankYou program and follow up with questions about Airline Transfer Options.

Everyone I have spoken with has said the BA and SQ will be available sometime in April.

Most recently they have actually tried to walk me through the "Exchange" process. Not knowing I don't have an ThankYou account.

Then I thank them for their help and wish them a pleasant day.

That's it.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: Avis Chm, LM Boomielatinum
sorry. but I don't really understand why you guys are so what looks like 'jealous' on Mr meshugener ?
I think by now he's original post from a few weeks ago about the upcoming xfer option. has been verified already numerous times by many posters all over t there [including by me. and yes I actually do have a ty card]
now, he's recent post on ddf about the xfer already available. might be a little pre-timed but we will probably see it sooner then later.
still there is no reason to nail him on that as well as making fun of ddf. the guy still deserves an appreciation for bringing us this exciting insider information. eventhough we are all so curious and jealous
now, about happy's wondering on the motive of the preclaimed post. aren't we in the cc/points/mileage game where knowing info the sooner is the better ? for example, a friend of mine just made an AOR last week and thanks to the xfer leak, added citi TY card to he's list knowing that those points would eventually xfer to airlines. which makes people consider applying for those cards more seriously. and so the timeline plays an important role.
about 'craz' pointing out the philosophy behind posters on ddf. let me be honest I don't like that too much either. but that doesn't mean their knowledge as well as the useful stuff Dan himself comes up with. is to be taken for granted.
actually there is alot of how-to's and tricks of the trade we learned from him/them. he's stuff is spread all over w/o even giving them the credit on it. [ever heard of the term 3bm or changing the same exact card type from visa to mc or vv. and the list goes on]
so folks lets try to keep that discussion more focused and grown up
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:36 pm

This is turning to be similar to the Delta skymiles rumor thread.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
How about if nobody else posts in this thread until the transfer option goes live?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.