Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Per Dan's Deals......

Citibank ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To British Airways And Singapore Airlines Starting In April!

Here is a link to his blog discussion of the transfer.

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/20699
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:05 pm

Does Singapore asses any fuel surcharges?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:21 pm

makes me very happy. have 50k typ from the citi premier card bonus, was worth like $665 i think in airfire, but should be able to stretch out much more than that on avios.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Fingers crossed for a transfer bonus to kick things off
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Fingers crossed for a transfer bonus to kick things off
^ especially to go against AMEX's BA bonus. I really hope they add AA.

This is huge for my family. I've been saving up our TYPs for a couple of years since I haven't been able to find a good use for them.

I guess this will be a function of Premier cards and not free cards like the Forward/old mtvU, but I don't mind adding a higher end Citi card in my next churn if that's the case.

Last edited by amolkold; Mar 26, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jaymar01
Per Dan's Deals......

Citibank ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To British Airways And Singapore Airlines Starting In April!

Here is a link to his blog discussion of the transfer.

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/20699
Makes me want to add Citi TYP to my next churn. Thanks for the headsup!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:45 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Do we have any info on whether this will apply to Thank You Points generally, or whether it will be more like Membership Rewards vs. Membership Rewards Express and Chase Sapphire vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred, where only Citi cardholders with TYP cards carrying an annual fee will be able to do the airline partner transfers?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
The timing of this could not have been any better for me. Thanks OP and Dan's Deals!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Great news as I just got the Citi Premier with the 50k Bonus.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:11 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Smile

Thanks for this heads up. Definitely makes me personally more interested in collecting them.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:11 pm

What I'm waiting to hear: whether the accounts will have to match or whether -- as with Chase UR and Amex MR points -- the points can be transfered to anybody's airline FF account.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
What I'm waiting to hear: whether the accounts will have to match or whether -- as with Chase UR and Amex MR points -- the points can be transfered to anybody's airline FF account.
i believe with avios you can transfer between accounts (maybe for fee) and you can also pool them into family accounts as well.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Does Singapore asses any fuel surcharges?

Yes, although I don't know how high it is, but seem to remember it was not cheap.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:35 pm

This is good news, I was already planning on applying for the Prestige card within a couple weeks... hopefully they don't pull the 50k bonus(es?) before then.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If there isn't a gotcha, this is a slick way for Citi to take a swipe at Chase without undermining their own AAdvantage cards, but they also need to add a Skyteam partner and Aeroplan would have been more useful than SQ I think.

Originally Posted by beltway
What I'm waiting to hear: whether the accounts will have to match...
Points can be transferred from one ThankYou account to another which would make it easier to transfer to an airline if the names must match, provided both BAEC members have qualifying ThankYou accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.