FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   [TARGETTED] Amex Plat 100k / PRG 50k mail offers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1328936-targetted-amex-plat-100k-prg-50k-mail-offers.html)

drsaith Mar 25, 2012 7:04 pm

[TARGETTED] Amex Plat 100k / PRG 50k mail offers

got a gold envelope in the mail, for my sister, who only has a amex plat through my dad. it was for 50k on the PRG, and it came in a gold envelope. the offer details are below, after i plugged in the RSVP code.

PLAT: "Extraordinary Benefits, Exceptional Rewards
100,000 POINTS redeemable for up to $1000 towards travel, gift cards, merchandise and more. Simply spend $10,000 in your first six months of membership to earn your bonus.1,2
The Airport Club Access Program provides complimentary access to airport lounges around the world.3
Travel Privileges:
Get an annual $200 Airline Fee Credit4to cover incidentals- in-flight meals, change fees, baggage fees- with your favorite airline.
Use Membership RewardsŪ Pay with Points for travel redemption and get 20% of those points back everytime.5
Start enjoying the enhanced rewards, benefits and services of the Platinum Card today for an annual fee of $450."

PRG: "50,000 POINTS: redeemable for up to $500 towards travel, gift cards, merchandise and more. Simply spend $1000 in your first three months of membership to earn the bonus.6
Earn More Rewards Faster: 3X on airfare, 2X on gas & groceries and 1X on everything else.7 There's no limit to how many rewards you can earn. And points have no expiration date.
Earn an Extra Bonus Annually: Receive 15,000 points if you spend $30,000 in a calendar year.8
Apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card - The most rewarding Gold Card yet with a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175."

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...q/amexplat.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...V0CEAEuuuL.jpg

MSPDeltaDude Mar 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by drsaith (Post 18272511)
got a gold envelope in the mail, for my sister, who only has a amex plat through my dad. it was for 50k on the PRG, and it came in a gold envelope. the offer details are below, after i plugged in the RSVP code.

PLAT: "Extraordinary Benefits, Exceptional Rewards
100,000 POINTS redeemable for up to $1000 towards travel, gift cards, merchandise and more. Simply spend $10,000 in your first six months of membership to earn your bonus.1,2
The Airport Club Access Program provides complimentary access to airport lounges around the world.3
Travel Privileges:
Get an annual $200 Airline Fee Credit4to cover incidentals- in-flight meals, change fees, baggage fees- with your favorite airline.
Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for travel redemption and get 20% of those points back everytime.5
Start enjoying the enhanced rewards, benefits and services of the Platinum Card today for an annual fee of $450."

PRG: "50,000 POINTS: redeemable for up to $500 towards travel, gift cards, merchandise and more. Simply spend $1000 in your first three months of membership to earn the bonus.6
Earn More Rewards Faster: 3X on airfare, 2X on gas & groceries and 1X on everything else.7 There's no limit to how many rewards you can earn. And points have no expiration date.
Earn an Extra Bonus Annually: Receive 15,000 points if you spend $30,000 in a calendar year.8
Apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card - The most rewarding Gold Card yet with a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175."

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...q/amexplat.jpg

What a dream come true on the PLAT offer.

rookie10 Mar 25, 2012 7:26 pm

I would jump on that in a heartbeat. Congrats.

drsaith Mar 25, 2012 7:42 pm

think i could apply in my mother's name using my sister's RSVP code? my sis is ok with it, but she wouldn't be an additional cardholder (she already has one via dad).

clin31 Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Great Offer! Do you mind me asking what your spending patterns are like, what amex card you currently have and how long you've been with amex? I'm curious to see what type of customers amex targets.

bluto Mar 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by drsaith (Post 18272681)
think i could apply in my mother's name using my sister's RSVP code? my sis is ok with it, but she wouldn't be an additional cardholder (she already has one via dad).

yes, I did something similar and it worked fine. It was not for the Plat but for an Amex Business Gold.

drsaith Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm

OF COURSE I APPLY ONLY TO HAVE MY MOTHER GIVE ME THE WRONG SSN. just called amex plat services, they said if they don't contact us nothing we can do about it. hopefully this doesn't screw things up... :/

blackmamba Mar 25, 2012 8:03 pm

ack why are some people so lucky!

drsaith Mar 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by clin31 (Post 18272712)
Great Offer! Do you mind me asking what your spending patterns are like, what amex card you currently have and how long you've been with amex? I'm curious to see what type of customers amex targets.

lil sis is 21. she has an amex plat mercedes benz card under my father's account. we've had the card since dec 2011. prob spent maybe $8k total on the card. has great credit scores (around 800 on karma/sesame) and never had any credit issues, but doesn't work or have any loans, just a few credit cards. been sitting on this offer, which is for the PRG according to the mailing, for maybe 3 weeks now. i did plug in her and all my other siblings info's when they were having that 75k PRG targetted website offers maybe a month ago, but none of them pulled up anything. maybe she was targeted after that and that's how they got her info...

clin31 Mar 25, 2012 8:12 pm

awesome. I wonder if I can call amex up and see if they will offer me a targeted bonus. I usually spend around 30-40k a year with my blue cash card. And i've had it for 8 years and always paid off my balance, so I've essentially been using it as a charge card. Maybe I can "threaten" to move all my spending to my new chase sapphire card. Wonder if that will work

cabdolla Mar 26, 2012 3:03 am

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 18272745)
yes, I did something similar and it worked fine. It was not for the Plat but for an Amex Business Gold.

Me too.http://www.demama.info/hjk

UserMark Mar 26, 2012 6:40 am

What is the full URL of the page that you made made the screenshot from?

drsaith Mar 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 18274697)
What is the full URL of the page that you made made the screenshot from?

no idea. just saved the cropped image above. sorry.

blackmamba Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Anyone else get this offer or was she the only person that got it?

jclay1212 Mar 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I got it last year and I jumped on it. Just make sure you keep the invitation until you get the points. I threw mine out and it was a little bit of a challenge to get the points but it all worked out in the end. Congrats on the offer!