Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot has launched its FFP

Old May 23, 1999, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Aeroflot has launched Bonus, its new frequent
flyer program. The program will allow passengers to earn one point for every kilometer flown in Coach Class and extra (unspecified) points for Business and First Class fares. Members will be able to redeem points for travel after accumulating 30,000 points and will receive a minimum of 500 points for each flight.

Special perks, available for silver and gold elite level customers, will include free upgrades, special check-in counters and airport lounge access. The airline is negotiating alliances with other airlines,
hotels and car rental companies.
Old May 23, 1999, 1:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
And I was laughed at when several weeks ago I asked if anyone had heard any news or had any info on this program!
Old May 24, 1999, 4:35 am
pberrett

Best of all, if you actually complete your journey you get to live!

cheers Peter

Old May 24, 1999, 9:18 am
Original Member

Love their membership cards, though. They have a duct tape overlay which is embossed with a baling wire and chewing gum logo.

Plus, you get a mustard pretzel key chain!

Old May 24, 1999, 3:30 pm
Commander Catcop

Let's be nice now or CATMAN's GHOST will come back.

Or COMMANDER CATCOP.

Take your pick!
Old May 25, 1999, 5:32 am
pberrett

Looking at their frequent flyer program, I reckon it must be very profitable for them. Fewer people claim free tickets because they're dead.

cheers Peter

Sorry Catpolice but Aeroflot's safety record isn't the best.

Old May 27, 1999, 11:37 am
Original Member

Having spent a bunch of time on Aeroflot in the past, I can't say I'd recommend it for the future, regardless of its FF program. I also speak the flight attendant language (Russian), but they don't speak the passenger language (service).
And their first class is about equivalent to Delta's coach on a 757.
Phil

[This message has been edited by philforest (edited 05-27-99).]
Old May 27, 1999, 1:11 pm
geo1004

I read an article recently about Aeroflot's new levels of service as they take delivery of new planes (the beloved 777 to name one...). I believe the article was in "Airways" magazine (I might be mistaken on this). It said their business class product was about "average." I remember the review was for a trans-atlantic segment. FYI.

Old May 27, 1999, 1:38 pm

Actually, Aeroflot ain't that bad nowdays. Lots of people confuse "new" Aeroflot (mostly flying internationally with some domestic operations) with hundreds of now independent airlines inside Russia that used to be a part of an "old" Aeroflot. "New" Aeroflot flies brand spanking new 777, 767, Airbuses, etc, and service is pretty decent. "New" Aeroflot's safety record is pretty good too, although not totally spotless, but definitely much better than, let's say, Korean Air's.
Those small independent airlines that used to be Aeroflot, are usually pretty bad both in service and safety.
Just my 2c worth...
Old May 27, 1999, 2:27 pm
Commander Catcop

Have not FLOWN Aeroflot (Phil, you are about as close an expert on them as any of us, thank you and George and Effrem for the intelligent posts)

But if I were going to Russia I would probably take the great British Air or Lufthansa or even Delta. Or even SAS or Finnish Air or Swissair. Carriers with an established safety record.

I hope Aeroflot gets better. But with the political climate in Russia it's going to be a LONG FLIGHT!

Old May 27, 1999, 3:36 pm

OMNI: Having flown this route at least a couple of dozen times, I'd strongly recommend either Swissair or Sabena - nice planes, great service, easy connection, DL base miles. Finnair ain't too bad either.
Old Jul 24, 1999, 2:02 am

Come on, guys... Stop bashing poor Aeroflot. They have improved considerably compared to the Soviet times, and fares can be extremely low, if you buy them at one of the NY Russian-run travel agencies. I've flown with Delta and Lufthansa to Moscow SVO several times, and their service wasn't better than that of Aeroflot. (Actually, it was worse, but they gave the FF miles..) And the Aeroflot stewardesses were actually good-looking compared to Delta's (sorry, couldn't resist).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.