FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Blockbuster/AA miles promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1326-blockbuster-aa-miles-promotion.html)

Steve B Jul 18, 1999 7:36 pm

Blockbuster/AA miles promotion

Does anyone have any info on this upcoming miles deal?

burkey Jul 18, 1999 8:45 pm

I don't know anything about the new offer, but several months ago there was a coupon with my AA statement for 125 miles for purchasing a $25 gift card. Those miles have not posted yet... anyone else have this problem?

lenengrad Jul 18, 1999 8:56 pm

AA offered me 10,000 miles for signing up with CITIBANK for a Visa or MC. 5,000 after first use of card,then 5,000 six months later. I used card on 5/11/99...its 60 days later and still no posting of miles. I'll give hem 15 more days or a total of 75 days. If not on my account by that time, I plan to call CITIBANK to cancel my MC card and request that my $50 fee be returned.
AA is not too sharp when it comes to posting miles.

pgupta011 Jul 18, 1999 9:47 pm

Blockbuster had this promotion before also. I think that last time they also had alternate promotions which rebated cash at the equivalent rate of 2c/mile.

LI DEBBIE Jul 19, 1999 7:58 am

I found out about this promotion in my AAdvantage statement back in April. I had to go to 2 Blockbusters to find someone who knew about the promotion and how to apply for the miles. I was surprised that the miles were posted in about a month. I guess it may depend on the individual Blockbuster and how soon they contact AA.

Catman Jul 19, 1999 11:43 am

Did my Blockbuster promotion for the 125 miles in Early June.

Still waiting. It's not a crisis. I just wanted a few extra miles (and a quickie gift as a stocking stuffer or surprise b-day gift!)

Steve B Jul 20, 1999 1:04 pm

Lenengrad....my wife signed up for that promotion in April and just got her first 5,000 miles. Its worth waiting for. After all, there's no charge for the card for six months, right?

lenengrad Jul 21, 1999 6:35 pm

Steve B... My card cost $50 for a year, but as soon as I get my 10,000 miles its bye bye Citibank. A better deal in my opinion is "AAA" Member Select Rewards gold card also $50. They only require 16,000 points for a RT ticket on United or Continental, or 30,000 points for two RT tickets(domestic) and points can also be used for other travel related awards.Such as some motels,car rentals, gasoline. A 100,000 points will even get you a 7 day cruise for two.
Sorry I'm off on a tangent because I really like this card. As a retiree I love those perks.

Edited 7/21/99 by lenengrad

rt

Comicwoman Jul 22, 1999 10:14 pm

I have received the Blockbuster coupon twice. Used the first one, and miles posted properly. Never got around to using the second one. Heck, when am I going to rent movies? But Catman has an idea, use it as gifts. As I recall, it does not have to be one $25 certificate...you can break it up into smaller amounts and stuff stockings.

diver Jul 22, 1999 11:19 pm

So I guess that I am not the only one that did not get my miles from Citibank.

Catman Jul 23, 1999 10:54 am

I too have not received my second set of Blockbuster miles (the 125 Mi Promotion.)

Have NOT had time because of a certain continuing and very sad story my workplace is covering.

But I'll call AAdvantage if I don't get my miles soon.

burkey Jul 23, 1999 1:08 pm

Catman -- I called AA, and as usual, (since it was only 125 miles), they credited it on the spot.