Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Need r/t LAX-OSL tix for next week. What's best deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

FT Friends, I'm sorry not sure which forum is the right place to ask for HELP!
My favorite aunt passed on yesterday & I would really like to show my respect by being in Oslo, Norway for the funeral on FRI 11 May.

I have UAL miles, AmEx MR Points, Chase UR's & even AA Advantage Miles but not sure what's the best deal to get a r/t trip to Norway for 3-4 days.

Any idea what's the best schedule to maximize value & least layover to make this schedule?

Thank you all so much!
Erik
Old May 5, 2012, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Hofu
FT Friends, I'm sorry not sure which forum is the right place to ask for HELP!
My favorite aunt passed on yesterday & I would really like to show my respect by being in Oslo, Norway for the funeral on FRI 11 May.

I have UAL miles, AmEx MR Points, Chase UR's & even AA Advantage Miles but not sure what's the best deal to get a r/t trip to Norway for 3-4 days.

Any idea what's the best schedule to maximize value & least layover to make this schedule?

Thank you all so much!
Erik
Hei Hei,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

If you have $ to swing. Here is an all in itinerary for $879.

Or you could do LAX-EWR-OSL on UA

If you have miles you can transfer from AMEX, check for availability first on Delta for LAX-AMS-OSL. You can hold award tickets on delta.com. Then transfer from AMEX ---> Delta.

I usually fly from IAD, so I do KLM to AMS then on to OSL, usually have a 1hour layover or so in AMS and onto OSL I go.

ha en god helg og lykke til venn.
Old May 5, 2012, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Tusen Takk!

I found UAL 30K Miles outbound + US $83.00
Return was UAL 30K Miles + US $72.

Delta was 100,000 Sky Miles + US $83.
I don't have any Delta Sky Miles but I think AmEx transfers to Delta 1:1, is that right?

I think UAL is the better deal.
60K Miles + US $155.

Thank you so much for your help!
Hilsen, Erik

Originally Posted by krpjr
Hei Hei,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

If you have $ to swing. Here is an all in itinerary for $879.

Or you could do LAX-EWR-OSL on UA

If you have miles you can transfer from AMEX, check for availability first on Delta for LAX-AMS-OSL. You can hold award tickets on delta.com. Then transfer from AMEX ---> Delta.

I usually fly from IAD, so I do KLM to AMS then on to OSL, usually have a 1hour layover or so in AMS and onto OSL I go.

ha en god helg og lykke til venn.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Originally Posted by Hofu
Tusen Takk!
I think UAL is the better deal.
60K Miles + US $155.

Thank you so much for your help!
Hilsen, Erik
Not really good deal by using miles.
60k*0.0165+155>> $8**- values of miles
Old May 5, 2012, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by ssoonngg123
Not really good deal by using miles.
60k*0.0165+155>> $8**- values of miles
Yes, that would be a 1.2 cpm redemption - then again, if it is the flight you need and easiest thing it is worth it! If you have the money to spare, the TL itinerary isn't a bad deal and would get you ~16k miles RT. Only other thing to look at it would be the FlyingBlue 50% off promotion goes from Dallas. If you can get a cheap positioning RT, you might be able to get a 25k transfer from Amex to FlyingBlue for a DFW-OSL RT. Then again, I don't know what their close-in award fees are and they may have high taxes.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt!
Old May 5, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by giantreesemar
Yes, that would be a 1.2 cpm redemption - then again, if it is the flight you need and easiest thing it is worth it! If you have the money to spare, the TL itinerary isn't a bad deal and would get you ~16k miles RT. Only other thing to look at it would be the FlyingBlue 50% off promotion goes from Dallas. If you can get a cheap positioning RT, you might be able to get a 25k transfer from Amex to FlyingBlue for a DFW-OSL RT. Then again, I don't know what their close-in award fees are and they may have high taxes.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt!
Except some Turkish fares don't earn *A carrier miles.

Don't bereavement fares apply for international? I'd think they would on a USA metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.