Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page > 50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Old Mar 28, 12, 9:12 pm

Club Carlson

Anyone have any experience with Club Carlson xfers to US? The three week period of this promo and six week xfer policy seem to be at odds with one another. The promo site does list them.
Old Mar 29, 12, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I transferred CC points earlier this month. Took about 2 weeks to show up.
Old Mar 29, 12, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
I transferred CC points earlier this month. Took about 2 weeks to show up.
Was the activity date the day you transferred or the day they finally posted?
Old Mar 29, 12, 10:31 am
Suspended

Is it too late?

Still have about 60k Amex MR points. Want to do the conversion to SPG then SPG to US Air. Plan on doing it today. Is it too late as it may take time for SPG to receive then SPG to US air?
Old Mar 29, 12, 11:32 am

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by freezone View Post
Still have about 60k Amex MR points. Want to do the conversion to SPG then SPG to US Air. Plan on doing it today. Is it too late as it may take time for SPG to receive then SPG to US air?
If you read upthread, you'll see the answer. SPG>US usually posts on a Monday. As long as you *initiate* the transfer before the promo ends (March 31st), you should see the transfer post on Monday April 2nd (must post before April 10th to qualify). There's never a guarantee, especially because SPG states that it could take up to a couple weeks, but based on others' experiences, you should be fine.
Old Mar 29, 12, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mooper View Post
If you read upthread, you'll see the answer. SPG>US usually posts on a Monday. As long as you *initiate* the transfer before the promo ends (March 31st), you should see the transfer post on Monday April 2nd (must post before April 10th to qualify). There's never a guarantee, especially because SPG states that it could take up to a couple weeks, but based on others' experiences, you should be fine.
Thanks for the answer.
So I take it that the 1st part of the transaction -MR to SPG should be instantaneous.
Old Mar 29, 12, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the answer.
So I take it that the 1st part of the transaction -MR to SPG should be instantaneous.
I haven't done Amex MR>SPG, so I can't speak from experience, but I *think* it is instantaneous. I've done many MR>Miles (various) transfers, and they always have been, so I suspect it wouldn't be different here. If not willing to risk, check with Amex or see if others can vouch from recent experience.

Btw, if you missed it in earlier/other discussion, note the Nights & Flights SPG redemption options. If you have use for 5 nights (may be changed fee-free) at a Category 3 or 4 Starwood property in the next year, the package redemption represent perhaps the best value you can get. 40K SPG will convert to 75K US, but you'll need to spend only another 30K SPG for 5 nights at a Category 4 property, or 20K for a Category 3. Ala carte, such properties are normally 10K and 8K per night, respectively.
Old Mar 29, 12, 3:58 pm

Programs: AX, LH, DL, SPG etc.
Im ready to send Miles. NEW US Air Account | the .... hits the fan ?

spg-account is ready to send. Opened the US Airways account online right now.
WILL THAT Work? Or is that to late

The call center agent told something about activation time of the account?

Thanks for helping out.

After starting an us airways award fligt. Is there ANY rebooking after the first segment?

Rgds.
fly me to the moon
Old Mar 29, 12, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CX, SQ, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by fly in paradies View Post
After starting an us airways award fligt. Is there ANY rebooking after the first segment?
No unless in extreme cases. US is VERY strict on this, and it has been reported times and times on FT.
Old Mar 29, 12, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, PC
Thanks for the answer.
I did MR > SPG earlier this week and it was instantaneous. SPG to US AIR has taken 5 days so far and no dice.
Old Mar 29, 12, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by baxterboy12 View Post
I did MR > SPG earlier this week and it was instantaneous. SPG to US AIR has taken 5 days so far and no dice.
Should post Monday.
Old Mar 29, 12, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by fly in paradies View Post
spg-account is ready to send. Opened the US Airways account online right now.
WILL THAT Work? Or is that to late

The call center agent told something about activation time of the account?

Thanks for helping out.

Rgds.
fly me to the moon
US requires accounts to be open for 12 days prior to purchasing/transferring miles.
Old Mar 29, 12, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Thanks for the answer.
Originally Posted by baxterboy12 View Post
Yes, I can confirm this as well: MR -> SPG was instantaneous. SPG -> US will post the Monday subsequent to your transfer (weekend activity seems to be lumped in with the following week's, so Sat/Sun transfer will post the Monday after the *next* weekend).
Old Mar 30, 12, 9:30 am

...transaction MR to SPG should be instantaneous.
My wife did MR to SPG transaction (before the transient removal of the SPG bonus offer) and that was instantaneous.

I did MR to SPG transfer the same day that the bonus offer was reinstated. MR points were deducted right away, But, it took about 3-4 days for the SPG points to show in my SPG account.
Old Mar 30, 12, 9:46 am

Programs: AX, LH, DL, SPG etc.
US requires accounts to be open for 12 days prior to purchasing/transferring miles.

Originally Posted by akcae View Post
28. MRZ us airways account was opened
31. MRZ spg sends out points
01. April SUNDAY
09. April (following Monday for processing) - 12 days are over.

US air will process the spg miles?

confused
fip

Search this Thread