50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Lotz
Mine show activity date of 3/30 and post date of 4/2.

You have to click on the mileage total number in brown to see recent activity. (For those unaware).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA CO
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Mine show activity date of 3/30 and post date of 4/2.

You have to click on the mileage total number in brown to see recent activity. (For those unaware).
Just out of curiosity, in your transaction record is the bouns column checked?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by weifans
Just out of curiosity, in your transaction record is the bouns column checked?
yes
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:05 pm

Carlson

Phew!
My Carlson points posted with one day to spare, with the activity date matching the day I requested the transfer.
3/27/2012 04/09/12 GOLD POINT CONVERSION, ,MINNEAPOLIS MN ,US , 8,500
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
I still haven't gotten the bonus and my starwood points transferred on "3/12/2012 03/19/12 CONVERSION: SPG POINTS TO MILES 25,000." And then I tried to send an email and kept getting an error message. Wow! Hope this doesn't mean, I'm out the bonus. I will be un-happy!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ETManning
I still haven't gotten the bonus and my starwood points transferred on "3/12/2012 03/19/12 CONVERSION: SPG POINTS TO MILES 25,000." And then I tried to send an email and kept getting an error message. Wow! Hope this doesn't mean, I'm out the bonus. I will be un-happy!
Nobody has received the bonus yet.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ETManning
Check the T&Cs. I don't believe the bonus is supposed to have posted yet. I suspect that if you wait until the specified period has passed, you'll be happy if your transaction qualified.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:33 pm

50% bonus Frustrations

My 50% bonus points just posted for SPG transfer, but my wife's did not.

I waited till the evening of March 31st, asked an SPG rep in chat what the posting time and date would be. The rep said it posted according to the local time of the user (Mountain time in my case).

Unfortunately, that was not true. The posting time was Eastern time and it looks like my wife (who made the transfer less than 1 hour after me at 10:30 PM MST) won't get the bonus.

I called SPG and the rep was unsympathetic. SPG said it was too late to recall the point transfer.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Mine just posted too. ^
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
just checked, got mine as well.^^
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:47 pm

I got mine too! I am curious, did anyone that transferred two times get two bonuses or just the one?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by markgrammer
I waited till the evening of March 31st, asked an SPG rep in chat what the posting time and date would be. The rep said it posted according to the local time of the user (Mountain time in my case).

Unfortunately, that was not true. The posting time was Eastern time and it looks like my wife (who made the transfer less than 1 hour after me at 10:30 PM MST) won't get the bonus.

I called SPG and the rep was unsympathetic. SPG said it was too late to recall the point transfer.

Any suggestions?
Other than asking USAirways to change the posting date, there's nothing you can do. I'm not even sure they have the ability to manually change that... it might have to be a manual entry. They can use whatever time zone they wish as the cut off, so I don't think you have much of a case if you waited that late to transact. Even if they change it now, the bonus script to capture late posts has been run, so you'd have the hassle there, too. It amounts to whether someone agreed that time zone was enough of a reason to manually post the bonus for you. Try it, but don't expect much.

Originally Posted by mattolo
Mine just posted too. ^
Originally Posted by jmw2323
just checked, got mine as well.^^
It's clear they've now run the script for anyone who transacted in time (before April) and posted in time (by April 10th). Everyone with a qualifying transaction within these parameters will now have their bonus, while anyone outside them never will (pending some sort of successful appeal). Was a great promo - thanks USAirways!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:22 pm

Mine posted as well (from Carlson).
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Mine posted from SPG!

Phew
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:31 am

Mine posted from SPG as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.