Wiki Posts
Search

United Explorer Card New 60K Mileage Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
United Explorer Card New 60K Mileage Offer

Greetings fellow Miles Lovers I hope I have something of worth to contribute here since I have learned a lot on this site. If this is not the correct or best place to post this New Credit Card Offer will one of the MOD'S please move it.

So today I logged into my United account and this offer popped up and I clicked on it when I saw it say 60k miles and No Annual Fee. I have not previously seen one over 50k and like that offer this one holds the miles carrot out as well but I believe it is a great offer.

Up to 60,000 Bonus Miles & First Year Free ($95 value†)
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after first use. Plus earn 10,000 after you spend $25,000 on your Card within a calendar year.
Priority Boarding and 2 United Club Passes each year.
First checked bag free.

Here is the link that I hope will work for all of you.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn60kAFW.aspx

I hope that offer doesn't bring up my personal information if it does someone please delete it.

I just tried the link and it shows the 40k offer not the 60k even though that is what I am looking at so maybe it is targeted. I will try posting a link from the application page and see what that does.

ONE QUESTION have people been able to get the new Explorer card even if in the past (over a year) they had a chase united mileage plus credit card??
Some say if it has been over 18 months you can still get the bonus offer so has anyone done that??

The terms and conditions say no that if you had a United mileage card before you are not eligible. Please I hope that is wrong if over 18 months but is says EVER.

Scroll down to see offer details
United MileagePlus® Explorer Card:
You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for the Visa Signature card, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum. The Signature and Platinum cards have different credit availability and benefits/benefits levels. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Miles

50,000 Bonus Miles:
With this bonus offer you will qualify and receive 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases or balance transfers, or using any checks that access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your MileagePlus Program account.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:58 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I used your link and it reverted back to the "up to 40K miles" offer.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fti
I used your link and it reverted back to the "up to 40K miles" offer.
Yes like I posted 2 sentences under the link right below it when I tried the link it did that for me too.

I confirmed by logging into both My United account and my girlfriends and both of our have the offer on the homepage with a caption in a box that says
"You're IN" followed by the 60k offer.

Why don't a few other people log into their United #'s and see if they see the offer too.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:45 pm
Suspended

40k is the reg offer,I know 1Ks get the 60k offer, could be other Elites below 1K also get 60k. I dont think the 60k is available for just anyone but Chase may have changed to whom they will offer the 60k

Last edited by craz; Feb 23, 2012 at 8:57 pm
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
40k is the reg offer,I know 1Ks get the 60k offer, could be other Elites below 1K also get 60k. I dont think the 60k is available for just anyone who isnt in the targeted areas (levels), so ifa person isnt in teh targeted area it seems to drop them down to the reg 40K offer
Please excuse my ignorance but what are 1K's??
Never mind I Google it and it says this:

Plus members who earn 100000 Elite Qualifying Miles on United in a calendar year attain 1K status, & get special rewards, upgrades & priority services.

Last edited by Nottafatslob; Feb 23, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reason: definition
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Here is how to get the 60K offer

I did it an hour ago.

When I first logged into my United account (with a zero balance) the 40K offer showed up.

I then transferred 98 miles from my linked Continental account, cleared my cookies, logged in again and now the offer was 60K.

Give it a try.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
40k is the reg offer,I know 1Ks get the 60k offer, could be other Elites below 1K also get 60k. I dont think the 60k is available for just anyone but Chase may have changed to whom they will offer the 60k
Let me clarify now that I know what 1K's are. Neither my girlfriend nor myself are 1k's in fact we are Not Elite and No Way Near Elite and Have 0 Elite Miles since we have not flown United in years. All we have on United are credit card miles from a lot of spending in the past on their cards both business and personal as well as the miles we got from Ultimate Rewards that we transfered to United/Continental.

Anybody know if anyone has got the Explorer Card with bonus miles that has previously had the United Chase Mileage Plus card over the years??
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TaxiApple
I did it an hour ago.

When I first logged into my United account (with a zero balance) the 40K offer showed up.

I then transferred 98 miles from my linked Continental account, cleared my cookies, logged in again and now the offer was 60K.

Give it a try.
Glad to hear it worked for you. Have you had the United Chase Card before or would this be your first time?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
...Anybody know if anyone has got the Explorer Card with bonus miles that has previously had the United Chase Mileage Plus card over the years??
Yes, plenty have, including myself. Please read one of the other threads about the United Explorer card. They've been around for a long time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-offer-63.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...orer-card.html

This offer has been active for a while. There are other threads discussing it.
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Please excuse my ignorance but what are 1K's??
1Ks are those who fly at least 100,000 miles a year, as a 1K Ive been offered the 60k for months already

But I did edit my 1st post, since I went and applied for the CC for my Mom since I just CXed her CO CC and she had the 60k offer and isnt a CO or UA Elite, but does have several Chase accts, and was Approved, unlike me who must wait for the denial letter before I call them to move some of my Credit lines around
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Yes, plenty have, including myself. Please read one of the other threads about the United Explorer card. They've been around for a long time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-offer-63.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...orer-card.html
Follow discussions at the threads above. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.