Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page > 40k Delta Skymiles Credit Card offer

40k Delta Skymiles Credit Card offer

Old Feb 14, 12, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

40k Delta Skymiles Credit Card offer

Just received an email with the following text:

The next time you fly, enjoy priority boarding and your first checked bag free. Plus take a trip to the Delta Sky Club® on the house. With the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, you can earn 40,000 bonus miles1 toward award travel2 when you spend $1,000 on the Card in the first three months. You will also get two Delta Sky Club passes upon approval.3

You can also enjoy all of the following:

Your first checked bag free for you and up to eight others on your itinerary4
Priority boarding on Delta flights. Get on early, stow your bag and settle in sooner for a pleasant trip5
Save 20% on in-flight food, beverage and entertainment purchases on Delta flights6 (Your savings will appear as a credit on your statement)
$25 Delta Sky Club access7
Double miles on Delta purchases8 and one mile per eligible dollar spent for everyday purchases9
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 10

There are also a number of ways to use your miles:

Pay with Miles - an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers - allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles.11 Just 10,000 miles gets you $100 off a Delta flight
Redeem your miles for car rentals, hotel stays and a variety of merchandise at SkyMiles Marketplace.12 Choose from over 6,000 items and 400 top brands
Use miles for upgrades, which start at just 5,000 miles13

Small business owner? Enjoy all of the above benefits with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American&nbspExpress OPEN. Apply now.

Take advantage of all Delta has to offer. But don't delay - this exclusive offer ends March 5, 2012.14

Last edited by dshargorodsky; Feb 14, 12 at 7:06 pm
Old Feb 14, 12, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

I would post the link, but it asks for your skymiles number and last name to verify that you have been targeted for this promotion.
Old Feb 14, 12, 4:54 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky View Post
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $9510
Wow that's an expensive annual fee after 1 year!

Post link and we can try to see if target/non target works?
Old Feb 14, 12, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea View Post
Wow that's an expensive annual fee after 1 year!

Post link and we can try to see if target/non target works?
Where is the marketing team...
they need to include blurb about a bonus 9,510 miles awarded on your anniversary date
Old Feb 14, 12, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

My fault, it was the terms and condition numbers, the spacing didn't copy over. I edited it. Link is http://e.delta.com/a/hBPJxi9B7R-H0B8...HOC_1=9JZZCZBL
Old Feb 14, 12, 7:15 pm

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
With the annual fee being a bit high and the bonus being so-so, why not wait until the next 100% transfer bonus and invest that 1000$ spend more wisely?
Old Feb 14, 12, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais View Post
With the annual fee being a bit high and the bonus being so-so, why not wait until the next 100% transfer bonus and invest that 1000$ spend more wisely?
I actually applied for this offer due to me needing skymiles urgently, although my second option was to apply for the amex plat card with the 50k bonus and buy AA gift cards to resell. My estimate cpm would have been .6 cents per mile. The card's annual fee is waived for the first year and I will probably receive a retention offer to keep it open by then.
Old Feb 14, 12, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais View Post
You're spending the $1,000 on stuff, not just paying them $1,000. So the real cost is the hard pull + the loss of something else (2% cash back maybe?) on the $1,000 spent. The transfer bonuses and whatnot are good, but they represent cash out of pocket.

Some form of this offer, 30k, 35k or 40k gets emailed to me every 2 months without fail. Delta is too smart for their own good. There is zero pressure to jump on it.
Old Feb 14, 12, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Does anyone know Delta's policy on churning ? I get a card , do the spend, collect the miles and cancel at about 10 months, before the annual fee. I then apply again a year later and have never been denied but was wondering if I could apply again sooner

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 12, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Does anyone know Delta's policy on churning ? I get a card , do the spend, collect the miles and cancel at about 10 months, before the annual fee. I then apply again a year later and have never been denied but was wondering if I could apply again sooner

Thanks
That would be Amex policy. I've read that it's possible to churn after 2 years, but have never tried it myself.
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:15 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Stubtify View Post
Some form of this offer, 30k, 35k or 40k gets emailed to me every 2 months without fail. Delta is too smart for their own good. There is zero pressure to jump on it.
What is the history of the higher end offers for the Delta Amex, have there been any public sign up offers previously in the 75K-100K mark?

Last edited by pcharles; Feb 15, 12 at 9:37 am
Old Feb 15, 12, 9:39 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by pcharles View Post
What is the history of the higher end offers for the Delta Amex, have there been any public sign up offers previously in the 75K-100K mark?
There seems to be a targeted offer out there for 77.5k on the DL Amex Gold. Not sure how widespread it is, though.

Edit: Sorry, here's the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...elta-gold.html

Last edited by crimson12; Feb 15, 12 at 9:55 am Reason: added link
Old Feb 15, 12, 11:36 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by crimson12 View Post
There seems to be a targeted offer out there for 77.5k on the DL Amex Gold. Not sure how widespread it is, though.

Edit: Sorry, here's the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...elta-gold.html
Thanks. Unfortunately, Amex is not sharing that love with me. Has there ever been even a 50K + initial sign up public (non-targeted) offer?
Old Feb 15, 12, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. Unfortunately, Amex is not sharing that love with me. Has there ever been even a 50K + initial sign up public (non-targeted) offer?
45k 3000 spend in 3 months is the highest non targeted offer I have seen.
Old Feb 15, 12, 3:56 pm

Gold Delta Amex never had a PUBLIC offer higher than 45k SkyMiles. Targeted has been for everything from 50k-75k.

Hopefully they will loosen up the reins come this spring.

Search this Thread