Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40k Delta Skymiles Credit Card offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
I'll be on a Delta flight this Friday and it should be an interesting experiment. Does anyone know how much should be spent to trigger the credit?
It doesn't say any specific amount, just any charge with Delta. I would think a snack basket, or an adult bev would be good enough. You should sell your HOOU (if you have one) to your seatmate to offset the cost too!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:19 pm

delta.com's main page advertises:

40,000 BONUS MILES, FIRST BAG FREE
And priority boarding on Delta flights. Now with 2 Delta Sky Club® passes. Apply today.›

When I click the hyperlink https://www.deltaamexcard.com/40k/MarPA/hero.aspx, it takes me to the login screen after which I am being offered 40k and no passes. Note that the URL after login is https://www.deltaamexcard.com/Offer/RVK7RLSD.aspx, which is different than the URL off the main page.

Is there any way to make this work with 2 passes? Am I doing something wrong?

If not, is this not bait and switch?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 pm

anyone successfully get bonuses on the personal and business cards? the deadline for this offer is ending this sunday.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by wdogg
anyone successfully get bonuses on the personal and business cards? the deadline for this offer is ending this sunday.
I have before, but havent tried on this offer. I will have something to report in about a week. Waiting for the Biz card to arrive.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wdogg
The Business and Personal versions of this card are different cards and should both trigger separate bonuses.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:47 pm

My targeted offer says you can get both. I intend to apply this weekend.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
My targeted offer says you can get both. I intend to apply this weekend.
My targeted offer says I can get both cards, but has wording that may suggest only one bonus... I'll probably apply for both this weekend as well.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:14 pm
xp0

I applied for both but havent met the spending requirements on both yet... almost though. I will know soon
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:40 pm

So I went to apply for this card. I went to www.deltaplatinumoffer.com , which asked for my DL # and last name. Cool. It showed the 40k offer, I clicked personal, and applied. Pending. Okay, whatever, I'll call back.

Cleared cookies, went to the website, entered my info... and it says "Thanks for applying"! No option to apply for the biz, and now it's 4/23. Argh!

Out of curiosity, someone who hasn't tried, can you go to the website? Is the offer still showing?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
So I went to apply for this card. I went to www.deltaplatinumoffer.com , which asked for my DL # and last name. Cool. It showed the 40k offer, I clicked personal, and applied. Pending. Okay, whatever, I'll call back.

Cleared cookies, went to the website, entered my info... and it says "Thanks for applying"! No option to apply for the biz, and now it's 4/23. Argh!

Out of curiosity, someone who hasn't tried, can you go to the website? Is the offer still showing?
It's still showing for me.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by embla
It's still showing for me.
Me too. And the amex application page doesn't have any mention of an expiration date.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:21 am

Anyone have the POID on this?

I applied for the personal version of this card yesterday and was approved. I also tried to apply for the business version, but I got an error: Delta wouldn't let me apply online for biz and pers. I called today but they can't do anything without the POID. I'm looking at the letter I got right here, but I don't see an RSVP number or POID on this.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:57 pm

The miles and MQM's from the Biz card posted also, but not all of them. I should've gotten 25K miles and 5K MQM's after first spend, but I got 15K miles and 5K MQM's. Going to wait a couple days before I message about it.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:43 pm

DavidAL, any update? My first use points and MQM posted pretty quickly, well before my statement closed, within a couple of days of hitting the spend.

I'm posting because the offer seems to be live again -- immediately after applying, I only saw the Gold DL Skymiles card. But I clicked this link: http://www.deltaplatinumoffer.com/ and now I see the Personal and Biz versions of the card. (I already got the Personal so now I'll apply for the biz.)

Edited to add: The new offer expires 6/17/2012. Consumer Card POID: AAY0:0001; Small Business Card POID: AB1J:0005. Full T&C:

Terms and Conditions

Consumer Card POID: AAY0:0001; Small Business Card POID: AB1J:0005

*Taxes/fees/restrictions: Companion Certificate is valid for one round-trip Economy Class Companion ticket with the payment of applicable taxes and fees detailed below and the purchase of certain adult round-trip fares on published routings within the 48 contiguous United States. Residents of Hawaii and Alaska must originate from there to the 48 contiguous United States. Applicable taxes and fees range from $10.80 to $27.60 and depend on the itinerary but include Federal Excise Tax of $3.80, Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $4.50, or the September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 for each flight segment. For travel to/from Alaska/Hawaii, U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $16.80 round-trip applies. Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card are eligible to receive the first checked bag fee waiver on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier tickets. $35 fee for second checked bag. These allowances are subject to size/weight limits. Contact a Delta agent or visit delta.com for details. Taxes and fees are subject to change, are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the primary ticket is purchased and the Companion ticket is issued. All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rule of primary ticket fare purchased. Seats are only available in L,U,T classes of service and may not be available on all flights or markets. Companion tickets are not transferable once issued. Companion Certificate cannot be combined with another offer. Primary ticket and Companion ticket must be purchased with your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Both passengers must be booked on the same flights and dates, at the same time. Travel for Companion Certificate must be booked and completed by the date on the front of certificate. Validity is not based on the calendar year. Redemption is available only on delta.com. Certificate terms and conditions may vary each year of Cardmembership. Additional restrictions apply. See Companion Certificate for details.

1. 25,000 bonus miles (5,000 of which count as Medallion® Qualification Miles) will be awarded after your first purchase on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. Delta Medallion Qualification Miles count only in the year they post to your account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Offer not available to existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers upgrading to another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.

2. $1,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within three months to be awarded the 15,000 bonus miles (10,000 of which count as Medallion Qualification Miles). The three-month period is evaluated from the date the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending three months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2 to 4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.

3. The close of the calendar year is December 31, without regard to the time of the year that the account is opened. This means that for the first year of Cardmembership, the Cardmember's Eligible Spending bonus period may be less than twelve months. If in any calendar year Eligible Spending on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is $25,000 or more, the Basic Cardmember will be awarded 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles ("MQMs" as defined in the Delta SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules), and if in that same calendar year Eligible Spending on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is $50,000 or more, the Basic Cardmember will be awarded an additional 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs. Additional Cardmember(s) are not eligible to receive miles through Miles BoostSM; however all Eligible Spending by the Additional Cardmember(s) will count towards the Basic Cardmember's spend level to reach the Miles Boost threshold. Cardmembers may be permitted to have more than one Options, classic, Gold, or Platinum or Delta Reserve SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express account; however, Cardmembers are only eligible to receive one annual Eligible Spending bonus for each type (i.e., Options, classic, Gold, Platinum or Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express.

4. Cardmembers will receive a 20% savings on eligible pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, movies, television shows, video games and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights. Savings do not apply to any other in-flight purchases, such as wireless Internet access, SkyMall™, Delta DutyFree, and charitable contributions. To receive the savings, Cardmembers must use their Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express to complete the in-flight purchase. Savings will appear as a statement credit 6 to 8 weeks after the transaction is posted to the Cardmember's Card account. Offer is subject to change without notice. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. See delta.com/mycardcan for details.

5. Medallion Qualification Miles earned in 2012 above member's earned Medallion threshold level will be rolled over to 2013 and will count toward 2014 Medallion status qualification. In addition, all Medallion Qualification Miles earned between January 1 and December 31, 2012 will count towards 2013 Medallion status.

6. Delta Sky Club® Reduced Rate benefit is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Payment must be made with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also accessing the Club with a $25 pay-as-you-go pass or who is a Club member. Please drink responsibly. Up to two guests are permitted upon payment of $25 per guest. Partner lounges are not included. Amenities may vary among airport Club locations. Offers and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub.

7. This offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to any Delta branded purchase where Delta is the merchant of record via Delta.com or in-flight such as upgrades, miles, seat selection, Sky Club membership or passes, pre-purchased meals, food, beverages, and in-flight entertainment. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages. Offer is subject to change without notice. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

8. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Fees, interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards and purchases of other cash equivalents do not earn miles.

9. SkyMiles Marketplace is for use only by SkyMiles program members. All redemption offers and awards are subject to change and to the terms and conditions of each individual merchant. Offers, rules and participating merchants are subject to change without notice. SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Offer expires June 17, 2012. If your application is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for the 40,000 bonus miles offer.

All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Partner airline benefits are subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each partner. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Offers are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:18 pm

I did get all I was due after 1st spend, but haven't gotten anything for the $1K in 3 months. They told me wait until 5/24 (which was 4 weeks after I met spending), and if they don't show, then they will manually give them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.