Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by smitty06
I was just able to sign up for executive club after not being able to for the last few days
Thank you so much for your message! I was finally able to enroll my husband
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:23 pm

Not all bonus points posting

Still only see the 24x posted. Anyone else still seeing this? When does the last 12X sweep in?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Still only see the 24x posted. Anyone else still seeing this? When does the last 12X sweep in?
I ordered on 2/5 only 24x posted. Still waiting for last 12x
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: Yes.
+1

Ethical question: Can our dog have an account?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:40 pm

Ok I have been trying to sign up for the executive club constantly at several different points throughout the past three days. I have switched browsers and cleared cookies. Does anyone have any idea what to do so I could just get an account? Any help would be very much appreciated!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
+1

Ethical question: Can our dog have an account?
Sure why not....question how are multiple accounts going to help? Why not just go one big order.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by salmon515151
Ok I have been trying to sign up for the executive club constantly at several different points throughout the past three days. I have switched browsers and cleared cookies. Does anyone have any idea what to do so I could just get an account? Any help would be very much appreciated!
I should be working now. Try again.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:52 pm

Glittergate all over again

They aren't $1.15 a piece or whatever...but kind of brings back memories. lol.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rebecca-...esultback=1140
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Can you return/ exchange stuff from nordstrom.com in the nordstrom rack location?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Hypothetical question: Say you buy a crazy amount of stuff at Nordstrom, get the Avios points, book and take the flight and then you end up returning the stuff to Nordstrom after the flight is done? They can't claw back points that are already burned can they?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:30 pm

You can order twice under the same British Airways account and receive the full 36x points on multiple orders. I ordered $1,600 late last week and another $400 over the weekend. Now I did use different credit cards and used my middle name as my first name on the second order (not sure if this mattered so I can't comment on using the same name and same card twice). But just a data point.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:40 pm

finally was able to register, and just placed an order for $8,000. praying to god i did it right. took plenty of screenshots.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by i_gtgo

There are only 2x worth of bonus points. You earned points on the original purchase(1x) followed by 2 bonues sets (2x) & (3x)......

If you purchase a 10 dollar piece of uranium ore. You will earn 30 points total. Hence 3x bonus. You earn 10 points for the purchase and then 20 points in bonuses.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by chubbuni13
Hypothetical question: Say you buy a crazy amount of stuff at Nordstrom, get the Avios points, book and take the flight and then you end up returning the stuff to Nordstrom after the flight is done? They can't claw back points that are already burned can they?
Evil. I don't think they'd make you buy miles at FMV if that's what you're worried about.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chubbuni13
The problem with hypothetical questions is that they're answered in a hypothetical world. As long as you're prepared to accept the real-world consequences of any action you take, I'd consider the wise counsel of Dirty Harry: "Do I feel lucky?"

Not saying this would happen in the real world, but I could imagine a hypothetical world where someone in the hierarchy at Nordstrom sees $5000 worth of stuff returned (I mean, you are going for a first-class ticket somewhere, worth at least 150,000 miles, right?) and realizes that a hypothetical someone had just cost Nordstrom about $1500 in payments made to BA to purchase miles to fund this promotion (truly hypothetical assumption: Avios normally cost about 5.3 cents each to buy, but we can hypothetically assume that Nordstrom buys them at a respectable discount; let's hypothetically say, 1 cent a piece, here).

Let's also hypothetically say that this person doesn't share the FT motto of "anything for miles/points/etc." but instead feels that it's worth pressing charges for grand theft under California law, where you hypothetically live, which has a $950 threshold. I'd hope my hypothetical trip was really worth it because even if I hypothetically beat the rap (the prosecutor's burden would be somewhat difficult: proving that your returning $5000 worth of stuff was a sham rather than legitimately justified by Nordstrom's generous return policy), I'd be sweating a lot of real-world sweat and maybe spending a lot of real-world money to do it.

Of course, the way around that might be to buy one really expensive ring and then return it when your hypothetical fiancee breaks off the engagement. Report back and let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.