Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:10 pm

How long before they go from pending to in your account? Anyone have them post?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
It won't be quick. As with the other airline malls, the BA estore seems to have a delay built in to cover circumstances where there might be a merchandise return, etc. With other malls (AA, US), my miles have posted weeks if not a month or two after a purchase.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Exchange For Merchandise Credit In Gift Card Form

After reading this thread, I am a bit unclear about whether, if one returns an item for a merchandise credit (in the form of a gift card), the exchange for the card counts as a return and would cause the Avios points to be reversed, or whether the points would stand.

Has anyone had experience with this as yet, or any sense of certainty about how such an exchange would be treated? I understand that gift cards are not included for Avios point credit, but was wondering if an exchange would, in effect, be considered a merchandise exchange/credit rather than an outright gift card purchase (admittedly a somewhat subtle distinction!) Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I understand what you were asking and it's processed as a return and not an exchange. If it could be an exchange then it would've been used to get around the rule of no points for gift cards...and they are too smart for that. I've made returns before and they always go by the order number - it didn't matter if I was putting the refund back to my other credit cards or gift cards. The points deducted show up as an item per line, since you could order many items but not return all of them.
This is from someone else experience on return for credit. In a short word, you may lost your points if you exchange for gift card/credit.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:30 pm

I just plunked down a little over $4k. I plan to sell most of it. If I did my math right my losses should amount to buying Avios for half a cent each
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I love Flyertalk. Not one person mentioned if they received their order.

I received 2 of the 3 things I ordered (and needed).
Now I'm off to see if the points posted.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:06 pm

I bought stuff through that link but none of my points are showing up. it doesn't even show up as pending in my shopping history? did i mess up somewhere? i already received the confirmation email from nordstroms. anyone else having this problem too?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by clin31
I bought stuff through that link but none of my points are showing up. it doesn't even show up as pending in my shopping history? did i mess up somewhere? i already received the confirmation email from nordstroms. anyone else having this problem too?
When did you place your order? It took a couple of days to show up in pending for me. The bonus points showed up pending about a day after that.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I love Flyertalk. Not one person mentioned if they received their order.

I received 2 of the 3 things I ordered (and needed).
Now I'm off to see if the points posted.
Im getting mine on Thursday, will let you know how it turns out. Im pretty excited since we plan on keeping much of the stuff (ordered double sizes in many things to make sure we get one that fits). Got a nice Movado watch Im looking forward to
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:28 pm

2/6. I guess since it took you guys a couple days, then maybe I will just wait for it. I assumed it was an immediate posting at the shopping history site.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:34 pm

EDIT: Post deleted. Cookie issue it seems.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:46 am

I agree, odds of getting a gift card from a return and not counting as a return is unlikely. Nordstrom has always used order numbers when my fiance has returned things.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
I just plunked down a little over $4k. I plan to sell most of it. If I did my math right my losses should amount to buying Avios for half a cent each
I thought you might go in big on this, Frequentmiler! Unfortunately i haven't found anything worth going down the reselling route. I was excited to see Tag watches, but most are $800-$1000 over street prices online, so the hit would be big to resell. The jewelry is even worse, most of the stuff I saw is at least overpriced by a factor of two or three. I'll keep looking, I already used the code on my account for stuff I'll keep so I only have 1 more shot at this promo using the wife's account....
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
I thought you might go in big on this, Frequentmiler! Unfortunately i haven't found anything worth going down the reselling route. I was excited to see Tag watches, but most are $800-$1000 over street prices online, so the hit would be big to resell. The jewelry is even worse, most of the stuff I saw is at least overpriced by a factor of two or three. I'll keep looking, I already used the code on my account for stuff I'll keep so I only have 1 more shot at this promo using the wife's account....
I have found the ultimate item for resale, but I worry if I order 20+ of them my order will be cancelled.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
I have found the ultimate item for resale, but I worry if I order 20+ of them my order will be cancelled.
So why not tell your friends about it and they can order some too. Or tell FT and it will be gone in seconds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.