Reload this Page >

90,000 Citibank Thank You Points

90,000 Citibank Thank You Points

Old Oct 30, 11, 12:49 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list!
Smile 90,000 Citibank Thank You Points

I thought I'd post this idea since I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Here's are two great Citibank offers you can combine to get 90,000 Thank You Points.

Here's what to do:

1. Apply for the Citi Thank You Premier Card which gives you 50,000 bonus points after a $2,500 minimum spend. Annual fee is waived

LINK: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...-premier-card/

2. Then Apply for the Citibank Citigold Account which is now offering 40,000 ThankYou Points, redeemable for $400 in gift cards, if you open by 10/31/2011.

LINK: https://offer.citibank.com/cbol/11/c...?Promo_ID=CGBX

I haven't done this myself because I can't figure out a way to do the direct deposit on the checking account. My husband has his paycheck deposit to our credit union account and I'm sure doesn't want to change it. This is my hobby and I'm on my own with these deals. If anyone knows how to do direct deposits without having it come from your employer, I'd love that tip.

Anyway, I thought of this combination that other day and just thought I'd put it out there for others to benefit. Easy deal! Makes for some great travel $$$
Note: if you sign up through the checking acct. link I'll get a small commission. Not with the credit card link though. Thank you for using the link, if you do go for this deal.

Good luck!

Last edited by aviators99; Oct 30, 11 at 6:39 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 30, 11, 6:57 am

You need to keep $50,000 in the Citigold account to avoid monthly feees. I opened the regular checking for 20,000 TYP as that account requires only $6,000 balance to avoid fees.
Old Oct 30, 11, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Not worth it

Gold account is totally not worth it. You are better off keeping the $ in BandDirect.
Old Oct 30, 11, 8:33 am

band direct?!

what's band direct and what are the benefits?

i've gone through 75% of the process already.

i got the 50k citi thank you premier deal, and i signed up a couple months earlier for the citi checking 30k offer. i already received the 50k, but waiting for the 30k to come through (90 day processing!??!?).

if you're lucky enough to receive the 100k citi thank you premier offer, and sign up for the 40k checking account deal, that would be even sweeter.
Old Oct 30, 11, 8:58 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
At my job I can split my paycheck direct deposit to more than one bank and/or account. Maybe your husbands company allows the same?
Old Oct 30, 11, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero View Post
At my job I can split my paycheck direct deposit to more than one bank and/or account. Maybe your husbands company allows the same?
Yeah, I can split mine to as many as I want and not even my own account. As one of my direct deposits goes into my wife's (not joint) account.

The previous poster meant Bank Direct which is all over this board.
Old Oct 30, 11, 9:39 am

I can't figure out a way to do the direct deposit on the checking account.
Paypal $1 ACH push each month should qualify
Old Oct 30, 11, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy View Post
what's band direct and what are the benefits?

i've gone through 75% of the process already.

i got the 50k citi thank you premier deal, and i signed up a couple months earlier for the citi checking 30k offer. i already received the 50k, but waiting for the 30k to come through (90 day processing!??!?).

if you're lucky enough to receive the 100k citi thank you premier offer, and sign up for the 40k checking account deal, that would be even sweeter.
www.bankdirect.com
Please PM for a referral link and we both will receive extra 1000 AA miles
Old Oct 30, 11, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by MelanieS View Post
www.bankdirect.com
Please PM for a referral link and we both will receive extra 1000 AA miles
I see the AA miles reference on bankdirect.com, but I don't see any details to what to what if offers. Can anyone share how miles are earned on this site?
Old Oct 30, 11, 10:55 am

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
This gives you an an idea about earning AA miles with bankdirect. few months old
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-signup-bonus/

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/06/22/1771/
Old Oct 30, 11, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by moo-moo View Post
Paypal $1 ACH push each month should qualify
is this theoretical or it works for you? I know that chase it doesn't work for me.. unless I ach large amounts.
Old Oct 30, 11, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by superflyer99 View Post
This gives you an an idea about earning AA miles with bankdirect. few months old
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-signup-bonus/

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/06/22/1771/

Thanks for the reference superflyer99! Wow, what an easy way to earn miles every month. Does something like this exist for UA's Mileage Plus program?
Old Oct 30, 11, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mase View Post
is this theoretical or it works for you? I know that chase it doesn't work for me.. unless I ach large amounts.
Interesting thought...what would be considered a "large amount"?
Old Oct 30, 11, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mase View Post
Yes, a $1 push works for me. I get 800 "low effort" TYP every month with the "regular" checking account and associated products/activities (changing soon due to alterations in Citi's checking programs) and part of this is doing a direct deposit. Chase is a lot more finnicky about DD.

There is a big thread at FW about ACH pushing and DD here

Not sure how much it matters for this particular offer though, since Citi's raising their minimum balance requirements. It is hard to justify keeping tens of thousands of dollars in a Citibank Gold account earning virtually no interest just for airline miles.
Old Oct 30, 11, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by moo-moo View Post
Yes, a $1 push works for me. I get 800 "low effort" TYP every month with the "regular" checking account and associated products/activities (changing soon due to alterations in Citi's checking programs) and part of this is doing a direct deposit. Chase is a lot more finnicky about DD.

There is a big thread at FW about ACH pushing and DD here

Not sure how much it matters for this particular offer though, since Citi's raising their minimum balance requirements. It is hard to justify keeping tens of thousands of dollars in a Citibank Gold account earning virtually no interest just for airline miles.

I can't find any banks that are paying any interest at all. Many of them less than a quarter percent. So for me, miles will actually yield a better form of "interest" if done correctly. Of course, once interest rates go up, that's a different story. :-)

Search this Thread