Search

Miles for international car rentals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Miles for international car rentals

Hello,

I travel internationally for business aprox. 8-15 times a year, mostly to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Colombia. I usually rent with Budget or Hertz internationally but have noticed that I do not accrue points/miles on either one when I book them internationally. I am an AA platinum if thats makes any difference.

I was wondering if any of you could reccommend a rental company that gives you similar perks internationally to the ones they do domestically. I recently signed up with Avis through Business ExtrAA and was curious to know if I will receive points if my rentals are international.

Any advise would be great appreciated.

Best regards,

Eric
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by esmalley007
Hello,

I travel internationally for business aprox. 8-15 times a year, mostly to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Colombia. I usually rent with Budget or Hertz internationally but have noticed that I do not accrue points/miles on either one when I book them internationally. I am an AA platinum if thats makes any difference.

I was wondering if any of you could reccommend a rental company that gives you similar perks internationally to the ones they do domestically. I recently signed up with Avis through Business ExtrAA and was curious to know if I will receive points if my rentals are international.

Any advise would be great appreciated.

Best regards,

Eric
Maybe it's the rate you are using when you book?

I recently rented a car from Hertz in France and a week later in the UK. Both times the miles posted to my US account about a week later. (I set them to post to US for the Grand Slam promo, they would have posted to my AA account if I had gone with my default of AA.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.