Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW SPG Amex Personal and Business - 25,000 bonus points for $5000

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:17 am
Original Poster

NEW SPG Amex Personal and Business - 25,000 bonus points for $5000

Looked around and didn't see this posted anywhere -- I know most got in on the 30,000 for $4,500 spend that just ended --- but that many also didn't get the promised points or are still fighting with AMEX or sat on the sidelines.

Just got the following email that I can make referrals for 25k points for 5k spending on either the business or personal SPG Amex. T&C says only for "first time SPG card holders". Passing the news along, as I was referred for my 1st SPG card earlier this year by a fellow Flyertalk member.

-----

As a Cardmember, you know the value of your Starpoints® and the rich rewards that you can get from the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Now you can help spread the word and earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints for each approved friend or colleague.1 The more friends you refer, the more Starpoints you get — no limitations.

Simply follow these three simple steps to encourage your friends to apply for The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express:

1. Click on the "Refer a Friend" or the "Refer a Colleague" link

2. Enter the name and email address of each friend or colleague you would like to refer

3. Get 5,000 Starpoints for each friend or colleague who is approved

Each approved friend will earn 10,000 Starpoints3 with their first purchase, plus 15,000 bonus Starpoints when they spend $5,000 in their first 6 months of Cardmembership.4 They'll also enjoy an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $65.

Referrals must be submitted by December 15, 2011.

T&C:

Terms & Conditions

1. You are eligible to get 5,000 Starpoints for each approval. Referrals must be submitted by 12/15/2011 and referred individual(s) must apply by 12/31/2011 and be approved. Please allow 8–12 weeks for bonus Starpoints to post to your account after each referred prospect is approved for the Card. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.

2. You understand and agree that the referred individual(s) must apply through an emailed link (provided by American Express) by 12/31/2011 and be approved for you to receive the bonus. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. NOTE: Your friend(s) may not receive this email if they have previously "opted out" of receiving email marketing communications from American Express.

3. To be eligible to receive 10,000 bonus Starpoints, the referred individual(s) must make their first purchase with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card within one year of Card approval. Bonus Starpoints will appear on their Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8–12 weeks after their first purchase. Bonus Starpoints are for first-time Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cardmembers only. Bonus Starpoints can only be received once per Cardmember, regardless of the number of Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card accounts the Cardmember may have or have had.

4. The referred individual(s) must use the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card to complete $5,000 of eligible spending by the end of their first six months of Cardmembership, based on the date of your Card approval. 15,000 Starpoints will be credited to their account 8–12 weeks after they reach the spend threshold.

SPG, Starpoints, Preferred Guest, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:26 am

In.

I'll refer as well (both personal and business), and make it worthwhile.

Last edited by Jesperss; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:13 am
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:43 am

I'm happy to refer anyone for the personal card.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:49 am

I just got approved for the Hilton AMEX on Monday. I would love to get this card also, but what is AMEX's policy on applications? I know Chase is once a month. Citi - 2 in 60 days, etc.

Best!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA, SPG
I applied for this last week, got the 7-10 day but checked my status instantly after applying and said I was approved. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I am just finishing up 3k spend on my Sapphire for those 50,000 bonus points and now will be giving my SPG card a work out when it shows up (hopefully today).
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

@ loganleelamson - I'm not an AMEX guru, but, recently have had 6 Amex cards approved in less than 30 days. Of course YMMV, and I had a credit history with them.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by scottdunlop
@ loganleelamson - I'm not an AMEX guru, but, recently have had 6 Amex cards approved in less than 30 days. Of course YMMV, and I had a credit history with them.
Wow! That is a lot of cards. But good to know. Thank you!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: Grounded
I could've sworn I saw a thread on this already… In any case I'm also happy to provide a referral if desired
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Ua1k, delta d(next year delta p), aa ep, ha g, sas g Hilton d, hyatt d, Marriott p, spg p, ihg ra
Can you refer me for business card, [email protected], ping liu

Originally Posted by scottdunlop
Looked around and didn't see this posted anywhere -- I know most got in on the 30,000 for $4,500 spend that just ended --- but that many also didn't get the promised points or are still fighting with AMEX or sat on the sidelines.

Just got the following email that I can make referrals for 25k points for 5k spending on either the business or personal SPG Amex. T&C says only for "first time SPG card holders". Passing the news along, as I was referred for my 1st SPG card earlier this year by a fellow Flyertalk member.

-----

As a Cardmember, you know the value of your Starpoints® and the rich rewards that you can get from the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Now you can help spread the word and earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints for each approved friend or colleague.1 The more friends you refer, the more Starpoints you get — no limitations.

Simply follow these three simple steps to encourage your friends to apply for The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express:

1. Click on the "Refer a Friend" or the "Refer a Colleague" link

2. Enter the name and email address of each friend or colleague you would like to refer

3. Get 5,000 Starpoints for each friend or colleague who is approved

Each approved friend will earn 10,000 Starpoints3 with their first purchase, plus 15,000 bonus Starpoints when they spend $5,000 in their first 6 months of Cardmembership.4 They'll also enjoy an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $65.

Referrals must be submitted by December 15, 2011.

T&C:

Terms & Conditions

1. You are eligible to get 5,000 Starpoints for each approval. Referrals must be submitted by 12/15/2011 and referred individual(s) must apply by 12/31/2011 and be approved. Please allow 8–12 weeks for bonus Starpoints to post to your account after each referred prospect is approved for the Card. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.

2. You understand and agree that the referred individual(s) must apply through an emailed link (provided by American Express) by 12/31/2011 and be approved for you to receive the bonus. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. NOTE: Your friend(s) may not receive this email if they have previously "opted out" of receiving email marketing communications from American Express.

3. To be eligible to receive 10,000 bonus Starpoints, the referred individual(s) must make their first purchase with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card within one year of Card approval. Bonus Starpoints will appear on their Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8–12 weeks after their first purchase. Bonus Starpoints are for first-time Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cardmembers only. Bonus Starpoints can only be received once per Cardmember, regardless of the number of Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card accounts the Cardmember may have or have had.

4. The referred individual(s) must use the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card to complete $5,000 of eligible spending by the end of their first six months of Cardmembership, based on the date of your Card approval. 15,000 Starpoints will be credited to their account 8–12 weeks after they reach the spend threshold.

SPG, Starpoints, Preferred Guest, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:51 pm

I already have the SPG personal card. Anyone know if I'll get the bonus if I get the business card? Does "first time cardholders only" mean the specific card in question, or any SPG card?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by kilton
I already have the SPG personal card. Anyone know if I'll get the bonus if I get the business card? Does "first time cardholders only" mean the specific card in question, or any SPG card?
Yes, you should. I'm currently completing my spending on the Amex Bus card right now and already got the initial 10,000 points.

HelloHello1226, if you still need a business referral, let me know.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:56 pm

To all: Send me a PM if you'd like a referral. Business or personal
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:56 pm

Thanks, great news! Did you end up with two SPG accounts? Or can you put both cards on one?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by kilton
Thanks, great news! Did you end up with two SPG accounts? Or can you put both cards on one?
One SPG account.

I've had a personal for years, just applied for the business two months ago with the same SPG number. No problems at all.

If you need any advice on how to apply as a business, let me know.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I opened a Biz and Personal on the same day, and received both first time bonuses as well. If anyone else needs referrals, let me know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.