4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Received the following already:

4k for old continental number
4k for new UA mileage number using Mileage Plus number
4k for new UA mileage number using Mileage plus number

Just signed up using the new UA Mileage Number using the Chase Freedom...hopefully i will receive the 4k miles by Tuesday which seems to be the date miles are added

All the above using a new email address. When i check for billing history, it showed as none. This time I used the same name as the 2nd time I received the bonus miles. Hopefully it will work as folks are saying that only the Visa number is used for record keeping by Netflix rather than the name given
What card did you use with your old Continental #?
You received 4k TWICE for using the same MileagePlus VISA #?
I understand using the same UA Mileageplus # works, but are you saying they gave you 8k miles for 2 trasactions with the same card?

My history:

UA VISA - Old UA # = 4k miles
PC VISA - New UA # = 4k miles
Chase Debit VISA - AAdvantage # = 2.5k miles

All three account are with different emails, SAME name as appears on card. Registered 10/26, posted 10/30.

I'm going to try other non chase cards on this to see if they work for 2k.

Last edited by resslemr; Oct 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by jrreynolds
How long after the points are posted are people wating before cancelling the membership without fearing losing the miles.

Can this be done in one month's time
I got my miles today and already cancelled the service (pending til the next billing date). If you are worried they will take back the miles, then you are too paranoid
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Signed up Friday with MP Explorer. Points posted today. Easy money.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by resslemr
What card did you use with your old Continental #?
You received 4k TWICE for using the same MileagePlus VISA #?
I understand using the same UA Mileageplus # works, but are you saying they gave you 8k miles for 2 trasactions with the same card?

My history:

UA VISA - Old UA # = 4k miles
PC VISA - New UA # = 4k miles
Chase Debit VISA - AAdvantage # = 2.5k miles

All three account are with different emails, SAME name as appears on card. Registered 10/26, posted 10/30.

I'm going to try other non chase cards on this to see if they work for 2k.

Yes, same Mileage plus card but different credit card number as there was fraud and I was given a new card.
Regarding the "registered 10/26/12, posted 10/30...is this for the Advantage bonus miles or the 4k bonus miles?

I also registered (for the 5th time -one was for the 2.5k AA miles) on 10/26 for the United 4k bonus and have not received any points yet.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Travel22
Signed up Friday with MP Explorer. Points posted today. Easy money.
i also used the MP Explorer for the signup....

any ideas on why some people have points posting so early (within a few days) and some people are still waiting after a couple of weeks? just wondering if it is a lost cause for me to hope the miles are going to post
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by mymyles

any ideas on why some people have points posting so early (within a few days) and some people are still waiting after a couple of weeks? just wondering if it is a lost cause for me to hope the miles are going to post
Personally I wouldn't pay another $7.99 for the 2nd month if points are not posted. Usually 3 - 5 days for posting, at least with my last 4 times. If I don't see any posting within the next couple of days, i think I won't receive the points. Not a total loss as i will watch netflix and cancel membership.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by mymyles

The miles seem to be posting every monday night so if you have not gotten them by now, then don't plan on it. If you are a legitimate first time customer or have not been a customer for a while, you might have luck contacting Netflix to get the miles. They will probably tell you to wait another month before they will do anything. If you are double dipping then you are probably S.O.L.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:58 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
I clicked the link in OP, entered my UA number, it sent me to a FREE MONTH OF NETFLIX page with the offer details above. I signed up with a unique email and credit card. This was done on Thursday.

My UA account has not been credited. I never completed this Netflix deal before with my UA account.

I have pending Netflix charges, but that always happens even for the Free trials, will have to wait and see if they process or not.
Still 0.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Too many to list
Old continental number and Priority Club CC -> 4K posted after 5 days.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Yes, same Mileage plus card but different credit card number as there was fraud and I was given a new card.
Regarding the "registered 10/26/12, posted 10/30...is this for the Advantage bonus miles or the 4k bonus miles?

I also registered (for the 5th time -one was for the 2.5k AA miles) on 10/26 for the United 4k bonus and have not received any points yet.
Yes, I applied all 3 accounts one after another on the same computer on 10/26. All 3 accounts (2 UA, 1 AA) posted miles by the time I checked yesterday 10/30.

Has anyone tried using Authorized User cards for the PC Visa or UA Visa?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:53 pm

Marriott Card

Any idea if the MArriott card get the full 4,000 miles or only 2,000
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Beware

There was a similar offer to Delta FF'ers last year. I signed up but the miles never posted. My wife liked Netflix, so we ended up keeping the subscription. We were the perfect patsies for NetFlix.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by resslemr
Yes, I applied all 3 accounts one after another on the same computer on 10/26. All 3 accounts (2 UA, 1 AA) posted miles by the time I checked yesterday 10/30.

Has anyone tried using Authorized User cards for the PC Visa or UA Visa?
I signed up using my husband's Sapphire Preferred VISA because I am an authorized user. Got the 4000 miles within a week.

Now, will he be able to sign up with his own UA FF#, his own email address, but with the same CC that I have 'borrowed' from him? My guess is that he cannot and that is because you need to use different CC each time. But I am not 100% sure. Sorry if this scenario has been discussed. Any help is much appreciated!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878
I signed up using my husband's Sapphire Preferred VISA because I am an authorized user. Got the 4000 miles within a week.

Now, will he be able to sign up with his own UA FF#, his own email address, but with the same CC that I have 'borrowed' from him? My guess is that he cannot and that is because you need to use different CC each time. But I am not 100% sure. Sorry if this scenario has been discussed. Any help is much appreciated!
You will need to use different CC...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by jrreynolds
Any idea if the MArriott card get the full 4,000 miles or only 2,000
Use the search within the thread option.

But when I looked I saw some yes answers a while back. I haven't tried it yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.